Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #2476
vindicatedxjin

I'm having shopping withdrawals...must...go...to urban outfitters............

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #2477
vindicatedxjin

I'm getting over the knee boots like these tomorrow.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #2478
Saya

Sweet, I normally dress very lady like (mostly because I never feel like shaving) but I'd be willing to wear miniskirts all the time for those.

I just got solicited on Shelfari, someone added me and was all like "O hai doggy I just noticed you had Gaiman and Tolkien on your shelf and thought you'd be interested in my new book!"
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #2479
Fruitbat

I'm contemplating poo, trolls and how friggin' tired I am and how badly I want a good apricot pie, and whether a 12hr drive to the nearest place with apricot pies is really worth it.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:12 AM   #2480
Fruitbat

I'm scared. I've agreed to do Zumba classes with a GF. I shouldn't have said yes, although I did give her a health warning with my yes, and told her how uncoordinated I am, and how I have been thrown out of other group exercises classes because i go left when everyone else goes right and that I usually end up standing there, laughing at myself, which results in me getting really stern looks from the 'serious' folks in the class.

Holy Bat crap, batman!

Old 08-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #2481
carakitty

LOL Fruitbat.

A girl friend tried to get me to one of her work out dance classes when we lived in HI. As much as I was in the same state as you are, I bet it would have ended up being fun. I could see from my friend's body that it actually worked.

It is a grey morning here, inside and out. Took the littlebat to school, the manbat to the airport for his business trip for the week, and I should go to the Vet and pick up the remains of my dearly departed kitty. Then it's time for a long afternoon + evening of classes.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #2482
Saya

the last little while I've been too depressed to eat much, but now that I know its all going to be okay I'm too excited, I can't sit down and finish my meal!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #2483
Despanan

My legs hurt like crazy. I did my longest run to date yesteday (2 laps around central park = 12miles in 2 hours and 15 minutes) and probably could've kept going at that pace for another 2 laps without too much of a problem (aside from running out of water and getting hungry).

It's looking like I'm going to be ready for the Chicago Marathon in Oct. I'm not going to win it or anything, but my only goal is to finish within the aloted time frame (26 miles in 6 hours and 30 minutes or less) and scratch "run a marathon" off my bucket list.

so I suppose that's good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #2484
Raptor

That's pretty cool, good luck for the actual marathon. Sounds like you'll cope fine when it comes around.

I really want to go hiking around and over Snowdon at the moment but I need to find a suitable tent on a small budget which is proving to be difficult.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #2485
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
LOL Fruitbat.

A girl friend tried to get me to one of her work out dance classes when we lived in HI. As much as I was in the same state as you are, I bet it would have ended up being fun. I could see from my friend's body that it actually worked.

It is a grey morning here, inside and out. Took the littlebat to school, the manbat to the airport for his business trip for the week, and I should go to the Vet and pick up the remains of my dearly departed kitty. Then it's time for a long afternoon + evening of classes.
CK - I think I'm going to embrace it. I should set up a secret video camera and record it and put it on you tube - I'll be a famous bat! - known as the crazy women who can't follow simple instructions!

Baby bat is trying to sit on a balloon. He's been bouncing on it for a few days - waiting for it to go pop and screaming baby *wince*

boys!!

Old 08-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #2486
vindicatedxjin

Ugh I never ever ever want to serve in jury duty ever again. I wore heels thinking that I would be sitting most of the time, but I managed to end up in a murder case. Which involved me walking back and forth from 8 till 6pm... I now have huge blisters, and they didn't even end up picking me for the case.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #2487
*Twitch

FUCK YOU BIRTHDAY! Every time you come and visit, you get me really drunk at ungodly hours in the morning and I lose shit. Like my phone. Fuck you mr. birthday, you never were a big deal anyway... *grumble*
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #2488
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Twitch View Post
FUCK YOU BIRTHDAY! Every time you come and visit, you get me really drunk at ungodly hours in the morning and I lose shit. Like my phone. Fuck you mr. birthday, you never were a big deal anyway... *grumble*
Wishing you a fuckin' happy shithouse birthday! (your phone is under the cushion - and no I'm not telling you which one)

Old 08-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #2489
*Twitch

Naw, I lost it somewhere between the beginning of the cake and beer fight and the end of the bus stop wrestling. The fucker's gone, and I've already gotten over it. Thanks for the birthday wishes though <3
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #2490
carakitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
CK - I think I'm going to embrace it. I should set up a secret video camera and record it and put it on you tube - I'll be a famous bat! - known as the crazy women who can't follow simple instructions!

Baby bat is trying to sit on a balloon. He's been bouncing on it for a few days - waiting for it to go pop and screaming baby *wince*

boys!!
You will share the video link here.

At least your babybat sits on the balloon. Mine tries to bite them. IF she takes after her daddybat she's gonna have one impressive set of fangs when her bigbat teeth come in. He can pierce through a soda can like it's nothing.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #2491
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Twitch View Post
Naw, I lost it somewhere between the beginning of the cake and beer fight and the end of the bus stop wrestling. The fucker's gone, and I've already gotten over it. Thanks for the birthday wishes though <3
Ah bus stop wrestling. At my university, we had jelly wrestling - it was all class.

CK - yeah the video. I'll get my GF to video me after the event, trying to relive the moves - I just you tubed aerobics for fun... I watched this, well, only watch it if you dare.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03p12NyOdsg

Okay, I'm going to kill someone trying to do this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6...eature=related

Old 08-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #2492
CrimsonPythonidae

My boyfriend just ate the last of my m&ms and will be going to work without leaving me his car (which is fair enough, it is his car) but I won't be able to go get any more junk food for the rest of the night... Oh hang on, there is a glimmer of hope, I think I might have one packet of pop corn left.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:42 AM   #2493
Fruitbat

When your in your teens, a sleep in is until midday (or later), when you have kids a sleep in is 7am.

No wonder parents drag their teens out of bed early - it's revenge for the lack of sleep during their younger years.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #2494
Solumina

OMG I do not have enough hours in the day to do what I need to get done, which is of course why I haven't been on here in a while.

On the plus side I had my first two bridal showers last week and I got some awesome presents! Most of them stayed at my mom's house but there were a few goodies that I couldn't resist taking home early like the scone pan and the steam mop, which is my favorite new toy (I'm totally boring, I know).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #2495
Saya

Hmmm, maybe I should enter a marriage of convenience, there's a lot of kitchen utensils and appliances I want....

I'm out home for the first time since Easter since my aunt and uncle and cousin? (son of my first cousin? What would I call him?) are visiting for a week. Tomorrow we're going to Trepassey to go out in the wild and see if we can't find caribou, do some site seeing and camping. This will be my first time ever camping, although I don't think it should count since we're using a camper. Maybe next summer I'll get to sleep in a tent.

We might also be around the bay so we're hoping to see some killer whales, they were spotted around lately hunting minke whales!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundlan...in-nl-813.html

Now everyone is bored with the humpbacks. I still love them, though.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #2496
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
(son of my first cousin? What would I call him?)
First cousin, once removed.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #2497
Saya

That it! Just kinda sounds weird.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #2498
vindicatedxjin

I'm not very cheerful today.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-17-2010, 08:34 PM   #2499
Saya

Oh I have to go to bed promptly and the admins of the group probably recognize me anyway, but I just sent a request to join the facebook group, I'm Megan with the scarf.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #2500
Ben Lahnger

I just distilled one of my favorite old "shaggy-dog story" jokes into a limerick, and while it's not racy enough to make my signature (that would need a "shag-a-dong story" origin), I thought I'd share it here:

There once was a lever that would sever
Human beings from their mortal tether.
Nate the Snake did stand by it.
A fight erupted to pry it.
Nate died; but hey, better Nate than lever!

*heh*

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote