Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #51
Murder.Of.Crows

Lol. Duly noted.
Murder.Of.Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #52
ape descendant

Well, I was telling some one about how chickens are related to dinosaurs... and how whales and dolphins descend from a dog-like creature when I was told that evolution is an unproven hypothesis... at least it shows what one means... however it is outright un-truth.

I know that some of it may seem a little strange, and it may boggle the mind that we are all truly connected and related.. but all this denial is getting old.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #53
OnyxBat

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Well, I was telling some one about how chickens are related to dinosaurs... and how whales and dolphins descend from a dog-like creature when I was told that evolution is an unproven hypothesis... at least it shows what one means... however it is outright un-truth.

I know that some of it may seem a little strange, and it may boggle the mind that we are all truly connected and related.. but all this denial is getting old.
A chicken bit me once.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:36 AM   #54
Raptor

Quote:
I know that some of it may seem a little strange, and it may boggle the mind
Those feelings shouldn't come as a surprise when you consider how different the time periods involved in evolution are compared to what a human can experience. The same sort of thing can happen at spatial extremes too.

Do you know what is strange? Chicken eggs come out of the same hole that they shit out of.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #55
OnyxBat

and we come out of the hole we piss of.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #56
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBat View Post
Are you serious?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:21 AM   #57
Raptor

Quote:
You may be turning into a chicken. See your doctor immediately.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #58
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Are you serious?
Sperm come out of the same hole.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #59
Vivisection

Quote:
Your mother shot you out of her urethra? Wow. That must have been pretty painful. She has my respect. Please pass it on her to her. Seriously.
Vivisection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #60
Murder.Of.Crows

They had a special on discovery channel, where they genetically reversed a chicken. The result was a chicken born with slight showings of teeth and a "like" reptilian tail. Of course the thing died shortly after being born, but I think that more than proves evolution.
Murder.Of.Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #61
ape descendant

Quote:
It only seems like that. The urethra in the human female is near the opening of the vagina. The vagina is what children come out of in the course of a natural birth. It rather easy to be mistaken if you've never had a chance to look in to it. I'm sure if you check an anatomy book , it will have a diagram.

Heh heh, chickens have a cloaca, that is the ultimate "all purpose" hole.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #62
OnyxBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisection View Post
Your mother shot you out of her urethra? Wow. That must have been pretty painful. She has my respect. Please pass it on her to her. Seriously.
Hey! (that was a bit insulting), Either way it was 17 hours of pain.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #63
6SixSick

How is Quorn chicken style pieces born?
6SixSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #64
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SixSick View Post
How is Quorn chicken style pieces born?
How?..... is it a theory?
Old 02-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #65
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
How?..... is it a theory?
no just a rather sad attempt at humour i'm afraid Quorn is a chicken style substitue that ironically tastes like chicken not at all but rather like dumplings if you can believe it
Old 02-19-2011, 05:16 AM   #66
theact

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Yes, IF you are a peer scientist who has spent an equally long lifetime of research and investigation and gathering of facts and evidence.
I always understood that to be what 'reviewed by your peers' insinuated. That it would be reviewed by your scientific peers or religious peers or.. I'm sure you get the point, reviewed by a group of people capable of making informed decisions and fully understanding how you came to your conclusions.

However for the sake of devils advocacy, it must be remembered that many theories are on shaky ground, not evolution or gravity etc, but there are many that do have conflicts and shouldn't be taken as the closest thing to fact.
theact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:24 AM   #67
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theact View Post
I always understood that to be what 'reviewed by your peers' insinuated. That it would be reviewed by your scientific peers or religious peers or.. I'm sure you get the point, reviewed by a group of people capable of making informed decisions and fully understanding how you came to your conclusions.

However for the sake of devils advocacy, it must be remembered that many theories are on shaky ground, not evolution or gravity etc, but there are many that do have conflicts and shouldn't be taken as the closest thing to fact.
All science is theory and the testing thereof.

It starts off with one experiment backing up a prediction and theory. It ends with all the scientists in the world agreeing with it and you learning it, but the process itself takes place like this:

1 The scientists publish their works in scientific journals after peer review has taken place.

the process of peer review is used to ensure the integrity of of published scientific work. The pre-published work is sent to experts in that particular field so that they can assess the quality of the work.
This means the scientist can't "sex-up" the results because it wont pass mustard with your peers.

It helps to validate conclusions meaning that published theories,date, and conclusionsare now trustworthy. It cannot however guarantee that the conclusions are 100% right more rounds and predicting have to be done before they are taken as fact.

It's not perfect as sometimes mistakes are made and bad science is published, but it is the best way for scientists to self-regulate their work and ensure reliable scientific work is published.

2 Other scientists read the published theories and results, and try to repeat them- this involves repeating the exact experiments, and using theory to make new predictions that are tested by ne experiments.

3 If all the experiments in all the world provide evidence to back it up, the theory is thought of as scientific "fact" (FOR NOW).

4 if new evidence arises that conflicts with the current evidence the THEORY is questioned all over again. More rounds of testing will be carried out to see which evidence, and so which theory, prevails.

sooooooo

our currently accepted theories have survived this "trial by evidence" BUT they never become undisputable fact. Scientific breakthroughs or advances could provide new ways to question and test a theory which could lead to changes and challenges to it. Then the testing starts all over again.

All that is from one of my psychology textbooks which talks about the nature of science at the start.

so evolution is a theory just like anything else, and seeing as scientists cannot really "test" it because it is on a massive timeframe it is hard to prove. Yeah sure you can create computer models but they are imperfect as well and each computer model can be improved on and is based upon certain limitations.

Such as using a computer model to map human responsive such as in Cognitive psychology the computer models leave out factors they cannot compute readily such as human emotion and influence from other people.

So yeah unfortunately those people who say that are right it may piss off a scientist just like a dancer being told that any movement is technically dance or a musician that any random notes are music.

To look for undisputable facts in science is a waste of time and if you pursue that desire it will lead you to that greatest of all oxymorons. Faith in science
Old 02-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #68
Despanan

Quote:
I was told that evolution is an unproven hypothesis...this denial is getting old
Especially since it's been proven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #69
Cat Stark

If evaluation was not real where did all the fossils come from?
I do not see how anyone could survive (even if humans were alive then) with dinosaurs around to eat of steep on them. We were not here first. Get over yourselves.
Cat Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #70
Solumina

There were plenty of mammals that survived living with the dinosaurs and the mere presence of fossils themselves doesn't show proof of evolution so I don't really get your arguments.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #71
Saya

Mammals at the time were pretty tiny, and didn't really get bigger until the Cenozoic Era, I guess what they're trying to say is no way Sarah Palin would be able to live among the velociraptors.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #72
Catch

I like to think humans evolved from birds and that's why pictures of angels have wings.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #73
Cat Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Mammals at the time were pretty tiny, and didn't really get bigger until the Cenozoic Era, I guess what they're trying to say is no way Sarah Palin would be able to live among the velociraptors.
That is pretty much what I meant.
Most mammals at the time lived underground to stay away from the dinosaurs that would eat them. Think of us humans trying to do that. We are big enough that some smaller dinosaurs would find us.

Also, the fossils thing. There are animal fossils that out date any fully formed human bones. They have bones of monkeys that are starting to evolve into humans. You can not fake bones. Well, you can, but any scientific society would be able to tell.

Humans came from monkeys, not birds.
Cat Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #74
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Stark View Post
They have bones of monkeys that are starting to evolve into humans...
Humans came from monkeys, not birds.
I'm going to let this slide, but know that these two sentences are very dumb.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #75
OnyxBat

How can people be absolute about humans evolving from monkeys? there are other theories like a whale's fetus and a human fetus look alike. I just find it confusing.