Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #76
Frankenscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I can not force things even if I tried. I just hope something comes soon. I think it did, but it would include rewriting Chapter 1, which I am not sure if I want to do that or not.
You're a natural, I think your stuff's really good
Frankenscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #77
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Thanks, I appreciate that. I was making up some more stuff about my story tonight in the shower. Ha ha.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #78
DarkHeartedDemoness

DAMN IT.

You got my hopes up.

I thought you were going to post the next segment.

<3
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:30 AM   #79
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Ha ha, I will soon, I think I have re-written the first chapter though. So...ignore the 1st Chapter, I have something else in mind.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 01-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #80
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Chapter 1

I was thrusted back against the wall of the dark alley. The rain was cold and pouding on me. I was not happy. The shadowy figure in front of me was determined on bringing me back to his Master. I was playing him, waiting for him to open himself. He was weak. He smelt of weakness. I hated these morons, the minions of that Prince. That horrendous, digusting piece of Shadow crap. I would rid of this one and send him back down, dead or alive, the Prince would get the idea. Another one yet to fail.

He moved quickly, to the left, but he wasn't quick enough. I avoided his hand, aimed at my throat from the side. He couldn't grasp me. I transported myself quick behind him. He was stunned left there just blinking like a moron. I raised my left hand and came down on his shoulder, you could hear the bones breaking in his shoulder as soon as I touched it. He yelled out in pain. He fell down gripping his shoulder, blood was gushing out. He went to get back up, but I grabbed him by the throat.

"Tell your Master, I won't be seeing him any time soon."

I then opened the portal and thrusted him down through. I closed it before anything else could crawl it's slimy ass through it. I was a little exhausted. I hadn't had a fight in a while. My skin stung from the cuts and the bruises. More injuries I would have to explain to my "mother." Or I could just use my powers to heal myself now. But healing took a lot of energy, and that I did not have right now. I started trucking it home, my mother was going to have a fit when she saw me.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 01-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #81
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Awesome battle! I love your description of the fight! And the way you describe the "hunt" of the evil ones looking for her as part of the background. Conflict between good and evil always makes for an interesting read.
Please, post MORE!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #82
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Thank you Humane!!! I will surely post more soon.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 01-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #83
DarkHeartedDemoness

Shit... I've been waiting for this for a while, but today I'm functioning on 3 hours of sleep and I can barely read, let alone comprehend.

I'm sorry, hun.

I'll read it tomorrow, I promise.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 01-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #84
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Okay. I hope you like it. I kinda just pulled it outta my ass though. *Laughs*

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 01-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #85
DarkHeartedDemoness

That's an interesting mental image.

If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 01-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #86
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Ha ha, yes it is kind of an interesting image. *laughs*

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 01-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #87
BLEED REBELION!!!

I love your story im addicted please post more soon.I bet you'll get published.
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:14 AM   #88
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Thanks, I will post more soon.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 01-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #89
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Chapter 1 cont.

I could heal myself, rid of my cuts and bruises. But that took a lot of energy, and I did not have the amount I needed right now. Healing myself would kill me right now, kind of an oxymoron of you think about it. I was walking in the rain, my backpack now slung over my shoulder, I was feeling like shit.

My dark brown, blue highlighted hair was hanging in my face and dripping water as I walked, I bet my black make-up was running down all over my pale white face. My average frame was covered in so many bruises I gave up counting. Instead of going home, I turned onto the road to my girlfriend's house. And yes I mean girlfriend, I'm "bisexual" as the human's called it. Hey, if I was stuck here on Earth, might as well enjoy it.

I got there and rang the doorbell, she opened the door (her parents are never home.) She saw me and gasped, I just sheepishly smiled. I knew I looked pretty horrifying. I stepped in and kissed her. I felt better. I knew after being here a little I could heal some of what I had to mark and scrapes. I don't know how, but she could make me feel that way....

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 01-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #90
HumanePain

ooh, now it gets romantic! But I still wish your chapters were a little longer!
Post again soon please!

Old 02-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #91
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Thank you Humane.

I was going to post more, but then I lost my train of thought.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 02-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #92
BlackButterfly

Have you tried keeping a writer's diary, or typing it in a notepad file?

I go blank sometimes when I type out long posts. It's easier (for me) to write it down somewhere before you hop on the 'net and start typing. In addition the there being less pressure, you can spell check and edit as you transfer it to your post.

So far, you're doing great! I still love this story.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #93
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackButterfly
Have you tried keeping a writer's diary, or typing it in a notepad file?

I go blank sometimes when I type out long posts. It's easier (for me) to write it down somewhere before you hop on the 'net and start typing. In addition the there being less pressure, you can spell check and edit as you transfer it to your post.

So far, you're doing great! I still love this story.
Thanks for the idea!!! I do keep a journal, I write in it when I get a thought. But I haven't done that for this story for some reason. I should do that. I tend to get my best ideas during the shower though, not exactly the best place for a notebook. *Laughs* And thanks for the compliment!!!

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 02-10-2007, 04:41 PM   #94
Crying_Crimson_Tears

When I got home that night all Hell broke loose. I thought my mother would surely kill me before the Prince did. She freaked out about my condition and the fact I was 5 hours late and it was dark out. Hello, I am not 5 years old anymore. When I told her that I received a grounding that might last forever. Of course if only I could tell her the truth about me.

I was up in my room that night. My mom came up and told me to find a dress. I looked at her with a puzzled look. She said I was going with her and the rest of the family to her work's party. She knew I hated those things, she said if I went with her and the family then I wouldn't be grounded. I picked going to that. I picked a midnight blue dress, that sparkled lightly in the light. It was chiffon with slight ruffles over the chest and it was thin strapped. My hair was highlighted a lighter blue than it. I matched it with a dark blue strappy heels. A nice diamond necklace my girlfriend gave to me topped it off. My hair was up in a messy bun and there I was ready to go.

I hated dressing up. I hated going to my mother's business parties. I didn't want to go all around period. It sucked, it sucked big time. I didn't want to put up with all the stiff people who could talk nothing but business and smiled at each other politely and were nice when they all were competitors and hated each other secretly. Made me want to puke.

We were on the highest floor besides the roof. I stayed in a little corner with my arms crossed glaring at the people, giving a message of "you come near me, you die." Although one sick pervert wouldn't take the hint. We was clearly drunk as a skunk and he came over hitting on me. His breath reeked of alcohol. I was so disgusted with him I left and went up to the roof.

"The cold air is nice for a Shadow Princess."

I jumped. Turning I saw a man standing in the shadows. He stepped out in the light. He was pale with raven black hair. His eyes were ice blue. "Who the hell are you?"

"Someone to bring you home doll."
I laughed coldly "Yeah, right, like the rest of them, and like them all you shall perish too."
"We'll just see about that."
"No, we won't, because I know you're going to die tonight."

With that I darted towards him with inhuman speed and sent a fist flying towards his face, his stepped aside and blocked it, sending me crashing into brick. I was stunned for a moment, he actually deflected me. That one moment my guard was down was enough for him. He came back and whirled a backfist into the back of my head. It would have knocked out any human but I was still in it.

I jumped back up and just as he was sending another backfist towards my face I ducked under and punched him square in the solar-plexus. His breath was knocked out and I took upon this chance to ram my elbow into his spine. He fell down to the ground. I wasted no time I started to open the portal, he grabbed my hand from the ground though and twisted my wrist. I yelled out in pain. The swelling was already beginning. He swept my feet from under me, but I flipped myself into a one handed handspring.

I went a little off balance not used to using just one hand. He darted towards me and I formed a blue energy ball in my hand and released it at him. The mass of my powers hit him in the stomach and I opened the portal sending him flying backwards into it. He went into the black mass and I fell to my knees as the portal closed. My energy was almost completely gone from that energy ball. The world was spinning and nothing was straight in my vison. Then blackness swallowed me.....

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 02-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #95
HumanePain

WOW! THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!!! I was leaning forward in my chair as I was sucked into the dream flow, very well written details, and they way you take the reader from a dressed up pretty girl to a nimble fighter was amazing!

More please!

Old 02-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #96
Vyvian Blackthorne

You're very talented, Crimson. The only other place to see work like this is at my local bookstore and that'd have to be under classics.
Vyvian Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #97
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Thank you so much both. I appreciate your compliments. I will write more tomorrow hopefully, I can feel the story in my veins now.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 02-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #98
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I woke up in a hospital bed. Blinking I saw bleary images of my father talking to a doctor and my mother sitting in a chair beside my bed. As soon as I turned and groaned with the pain of doing so my mother jumped out of her chair and started kissing me and repeating over and over again how she was so happy I was alive and how I worried her.

I guess they found me on the roof after the party because they couldn't find me. It was cold outside and for a moment they thought I had passed out drunk. Realizing that, that wasn't the case they thought it was hypothermia and rushed me to the hospital. I had been out of it for 2 days.

The doctors were confused, they couldn't tell what had happened to me. My vitals were everywhere in those 48 hours but they normally ended up stabilizing me. No one ever figured out what happened to me. My mom and everyone else tried asking what happened, I wouldn't tell them anything, eventually they left me alone. I got to go home a day later.

I was on bed rest for a week, no school or anything, just in case. Lots of people sent me cards and stuff and my parents let my girlfriend see me. All that time I got to spend reflecting on what happened. Who was he? How can his powers almost match mine? When will he show next? I don't think I slept for that whole week....

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 02-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #99
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Chapter 2

I went to school the next week. I was a walking wreckage. I was so paranoid about the man who attacked me. I was ready for him to attack again at any moment. I avoided the shadows like the plague and I kept as many lights on in my room as possible, just the bulbs so I could avoid making shadows. I don't think I slept at all.

My friends were kept me going. They were all crazy, wacky kids with multi-colored hair like me. We were the ones who caused the mayhem in the school, but kept it alive at the same time. You would never guess we were all pretty the smartest kids in our class.

I was in my my Home Ec class, trying hard to not fall asleep on my feet when my friend Marco came up behind me screamed in my ear "Wake up Journey," and shoved an ice cube down my shirt. I jolted up and screamed then backfisted him in the face on impulse. To say the least my paranoia was reaching its limit and was starting to hurt others. He didn't mind though, he got out of class for his bloody nose and he thought his prank was pretty funny. I didn't. But to say the least I was one step from getting suspended for that, even if it was his fault.

I was walking home by myself again that day. I loved the time I got by myself walking home from the school. It was only a mile from my house. Easy for me to walk. I went to my girlfriend's house to "study" for an exam.

My studying that night consisted the anatomy, hers that is. We ended up making out on her bed pretty much the whole night. Being with her made me feel different. Like everything made sense, and my life was actually normal. I didn't have to think about my real life, or my past. All I needed was her. We went downstairs after a while to get something to eat when she asked me,

"Don't you ever wish you knew who your parents were?"
My heart stopped. How could I say I did, when I already knew who they were? How could I lie to her? She never asked, I never thought I had to say anything. I turned away. I didn't want her to see the pain on my face, the tears welling in my eyes. I missed my parents. No other way around it.

"In a sense, I did know them," I said slowly and softly choosing my words carefully "and I miss them a lot."

She came towards me and turned me around. She didn't ask anything else about them, she just hugged me and she let me cry in her arms. I needed that more than anything.

Later I got home, my parents had gotten used to me being especially quiet and careful around the house. They had two more kids after adopting me. They actually were able to conceive. They considered me a miracle, sometimes I wondered to myself if they still did. I was pretty sure they did. My parents were full of never ending love.

I got up to my room and discovered my little sister Hartford in there. "May I help you?" She jumped and let out a little squeak. Hartford was twelve years old still had normal blonde hair and was petit. Her green eyes looked at me with innocence. I always had a hard time yelling at her for things. She got up from my CD collection with a few CDs in her hand. I held out my hand for it. She handed it over. "I just wanted to borrow some CDs for a while." She put her tiny hands behind her back and looked down. I looked at what her selection was; Journey (my personal favorite), Anberlin, Something Corporate, and Emery. "Nice choices kid. You can borrow them, but next time ask me first please, before you go stealing from my room." She hugged me, took back the CDs and left my room. I watched her leave and just sighed. Kids, glad I wasn't going to have any.

Around midnight after my homework was done, I collapsed on my bed. Fully clothed I fell asleep for a bit. I had a disturbing dream....

I was dressed in a dark purple wedding gown (as custom in our Realm), and I had a dark purple veil covering my face. I was carrying a bouquet of black roses and blood was dripping from them. I walking down the aisle towards the Prince. I tried to fight it but I couldn't, I was helpless. A raven was perched on his shoulder. I was in front of him and then I saw blood dripping from the ceiling, and his raven flew upwards I looked and there was my two sets of parents, and my girlfriend hanging from nooses bleeding. I screamed....

I woke up screaming and sweating my mother and father in my room trying to calm me down, I couldn't get the images out of my head I kept screaming "No, no, no!!!" I was covered in scratches from myself and my parents fighting me to calm me down. I finally did about 5 minutes later. I never got back to sleep though....

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 02-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #100
Crying_Crimson_Tears

HUMANEPAIN!!!!! Wherever you might be, please read what I have written recently.

-Zach Galifianakis