Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-16-2005, 11:14 PM   #151
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnlvr
I sometimes wonder how many of those women who are neither fat, nor ugly, but claim they are...are fishing for compliments? :roll:
Fat, ugly girls fish for compliments just as often, if not more often!

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:28 PM   #152
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

That's great!
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:00 AM   #153
drgnlvr

Quote:
Quote:
I sometimes wonder how many of those women who are neither fat, nor ugly, but claim they are...are fishing for compliments? :roll:
Very true.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:07 AM   #154
TeapotScar

There's nothing wrong with being an attention whore.

*Takes all of her clothes off and runs around the room naked*

*Being EXTRA careful to roll around on Granny's bed* :wink:

PS- she went home for spring break, just in case that didn't make sense to any of you.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 03-17-2005, 01:52 PM   #155
drgnlvr

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with being an attention whore.

*Takes all of her clothes off and runs around the room naked*

*Being EXTRA careful to roll around on Granny's bed* :wink:

PS- she went home for spring break, just in case that didn't make sense to any of you.
Oh, Hell. I'm an attention whore, too! *points to her pics in the pictures thread*

Not quite sure how to explain what I was meaning, though. But I have met some women (guys too, for that matter, but they go about it differently), that are beautiful, could be models, and -know it-, and they show it. They walk around constantly critisizing others for their looks, then sashay around asking everyone they know, "Do I look fat in this outfit?" when they just paid $300.00 for some designer dress that they look smashing in (and they know they do).

I've also known soem genuinely beautiful women who have genuine body issues, who feel self-conscious, and really -don't- know just how beautiful they are.

I think it all what's -inside-, that makes you beautiful, more than anything else.

Did that make sense?
Old 03-17-2005, 02:39 PM   #156
TeapotScar

Quote:
I think it all what's -inside-, that makes you beautiful, more than anything else.

Did that make sense?
No. No sense at all. You're speaking gibberish, woman.

Kidding! That's as cute as the cupcakes fed to small children while they watch after school specials.

(Just playin' with ya. :twisted: )

But yeah, I'm glad to hear you don't judge people by their covers. I didn't think you would, and I don't think there are many people here who do. We're such an amazing example of community! La la la, sparkles and rainbows.

Old 03-17-2005, 02:49 PM   #157
drgnlvr

Quote:

No. No sense at all. You're speaking gibberish, woman.
Well.....Damn. I think I gots my tang toungled around my eyeteeth, and I couldn't see a thing I said.

Quote:
But yeah, I'm glad to hear you don't judge people by their covers. I didn't think you would, and I don't think there are many people here who do. We're such an amazing example of community! La la la, sparkles and rainbows.
Considering I'm about as far from perfect-looking as I can get, I think it would be a bad idea. :lol:

And I agree. It's one of the reasons I stick around here....

Much to the dismay of some, I'm sure! :P
Old 03-17-2005, 04:00 PM   #158
OnixxFilth

I know what you mean, Panther. There's this girl I work with who's really skinny but keeps complaining that she's soo fat. I know she can't help herself sometimes, because I guess she has something called something like Bodily Distortion Syndrome. It's like a mental problem where you always think you're fat even though you're skinny. She's not anorexic, I know that much. Even though she can't really help it, it gets obnoxious sometimes.
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:19 AM   #159
g.shadow

Body Image Issues

i know a few people like that my aunt is one of them. she said she looke fat but the truth is if she looses any more wight she'll turn to dust... my x-girlfriend was simmaler to that but the differnce is that my ex could not put no wight on no matter how much she ate............ if only that worked for me. :cry:
g.shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:36 PM   #160
OnixxFilth

The way I figure it, it'll probably all catch up with me when I hit my forties- right now, I eat whatever with no regard for health or weight.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:24 PM   #161
creepylittleshit

I have read plenty of feminist lit. pertaining to the way women are supposed to view their bodies. Turns out that women are supposed to have some body fat in order to maintain the balance of of our hormones. Woman who have a very low percentage of body fat run a higher risk of developing uterine and ovarian cancers.

On top of that a woman's labido gets practically flushed down the tiolet when she barely has any fat.

Our society teaches women that eating is bad. Most of the time knowbody comes out and says it. It is said in the sympathy we have for anorexics and the hatred we have for overeaters. you eat too much you don't have any type of emotional problem or disorder...you are refered to as a pig! If you eat too little it s either not a problem or it is an excusable disorder with plenty of emotional reasoning reasoning backing the problem.

On top of that the airbrushed bimbos on tv and in the movies generally only get complimented on there sense of style after they have lost some weight. Generally most of those women aren't even fat before hand!!!

There are plenty of defeating unspoken words being thrown at women.
there are aolt of them being tossed at men too but thats a diffrent issue.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:35 AM   #162
OnixxFilth

I wonder if that might be a subconscious reason why I never eat until I'm actually full? I actually feel kinda fat and slightly ill if I actually do eat to fill myself up.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:20 PM   #163
WolfMoon

Well'

I'm just about at my pre-pregnancy weight, so yay me!But I'm going to have to get a tattoo to cover the small wing-like stretch marks under my navel.I feel so ugly now!No matter how much weight I lose the marks will always be visible!

I almost cut myself the other day.I don't know why, just, meh..........

:?
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 05:55 PM   #164
winged_dreams

I don't know how much help or consolation this is but think of the stretch marks of a small sacrifice for bringing such wonderful children into this world. Sorry if that sounds cheesy.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:30 PM   #165
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Well'

I'm just about at my pre-pregnancy weight, so yay me!But I'm going to have to get a tattoo to cover the small wing-like stretch marks under my navel.I feel so ugly now!No matter how much weight I lose the marks will always be visible!

I almost cut myself the other day.I don't know why, just, meh..........

:?

Go to the health food store and buy some generic PURE vitamin E caps.

Not the lotion or creme..Has to be the caplets of E Oil you can buy as a Vitamin supplement. Hell I bet your drugstore will even have Pure E caplets.

When you get home with em, poke a hole in the cap and squeeze the vitamin E onto the marks..Rub and repeat as much as you can. After seven surgeries and one Hellspawn, I am an expert on scar and stretch mark removal.

It may take a good six months before the process is complete, but the pure Vitamin E oil will fade them away to nothing if you use it religiously. The E is kinda stinky, but thats a small price to pay for no 'baby marks'..

Try to put it on at least 5 - 6 times a day. Again, a pain, but I promise you will see a difference if you keep at it.

Either way, you are still yummy and delicious..

*Licks*

:twisted:
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:56 PM   #166
fernanda

Quick question...

are you serious about the E vitamin??? can it really remove stretch marks?? because being mexican (latina) I have the curse of being D-cup since I was 14, going on 15, and a few months ago I noticed these stretch marks on my boobs.... I really would love to get rid of them.

Body Image issues... I have a lot. Just this week I discovered that I couldn't get this size 4 skirt past my legs, and I just bought it less than a year ago... I hadn't realize I had gained so much weight. Plus I have this weird love for ballet, and considering my breast its pretty frustrating. The worst thing about it all is that all the teacher's I've had (even the best ones of the country) have told me that I would have a great future if I could lose weight (in other words, get rid of my boobs). I really wish I could.

Sorry if I bored you with this, but I can't complain anywhere else because my friends think I'm over my whole anorexic-bulimic stage, so I can't mention anything, least of all to my boyfriend. Good thing this is the whining section

And it's really frustrating to see the other girls to jump and see that theirs don't wiggle... not fair at all. I used to have all the curves of a latin woman in their right places when I was in 7th and 8th grade (an early bloomer) but then I gained a lot of weight and have been up and down on the scale since. Now I weigh like 125 lbs... and I just hate it. Some people say that I'm ok, because of the boobs-hip-waist figure... but my tummy has grown a lot these last 2 years... I just hate it.
fernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:11 AM   #167
creepylittleshit

Fernada, I weigh a hundred and twenty pounds and I'm trying to gain weight. I don't know about you but I don't like sitting on metal chairs and poking myself in the ass with my own tailbone! Read my last post please? Its five posts up from this one.

Anyhow,I gained fifty pounds in five months and twenty a couple of months later about five years ago. You wanna talk about stretch marks? I was on alot of meds that messed with my metabolism. (Thanks depokot) Anyway when they took me off the meds I lost fourty pounds in three mouths once the drugs got out of my system. Do you have any clue how much loose skin I had ? All my friends used to smack my ass just to watch the jiggle :cry:

I had monster stretch marks and lost the elasticity in in my skin all together. I did the vitamin E thing and used ALOT of lotion. St Ives makes a pretty good skin firming lotion. And believe it or not, drinking water alot of water helps big time with loose skin. Green tea doesn't hurt either. Its anti-ageing so it will help with loose skin.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #168
Soul_Immortal

Hm,...heres mine.

I've been the same height (5'8'') since I was 12 years old along with Lanky legs like a colt, bug eyes, big lips and a small waist. I had no self esteem and wore glasses thicker than a Super Plus maxi pad. The guys at my school didn't talk to me, instead they called me the "tall" names. I had to quit dance when my curves kicked in, and it got me thinking that a curvy body was a bad thing.
Pfft.
I like being luscious, damnit.

*Soul*
Old 05-01-2005, 03:57 PM   #169
fernanda

Hey, thanks 4 everything, Xng and CLS!!!!!

And I think you're right: Big is Beautiful!!!

Screw my ballet teacher and my family's comments on how I used to be thinner!!

I just don't have the time now to exercise four hours every day... sometimes more.

Oh, and another thing, Sour Immortal. Curvy bodies for dancing are the best. on stage, they look really beautiful and you can see half the audience in the theater drooling because of them.

Last year festival's, the camera guy that recorded the official video kept making shots to a friend, Karen, who has this super extra voluptuos body. so don't let your curves be an obstacle for dancing.

*Eating sherbet ice cream as I write this right now, here in Mexicali (Mexico) there are small carts every two blocks*
fernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #170
Soul_Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernanda
Hey, thanks 4 everything, Xng and CLS!!!!!

And I think you're right: Big is Beautiful!!!

Screw my ballet teacher and my family's comments on how I used to be thinner!!

I just don't have the time now to exercise four hours every day... sometimes more.

Oh, and another thing, Sour Immortal. Curvy bodies for dancing are the best. on stage, they look really beautiful and you can see half the audience in the theater drooling because of them.

Last year festival's, the camera guy that recorded the official video kept making shots to a friend, Karen, who has this super extra voluptuos body. so don't let your curves be an obstacle for dancing.

*Eating sherbet ice cream as I write this right now, here in Mexicali (Mexico) there are small carts every two blocks*

Fern,

My dance teacher kicked me out,....which made me quit altogether
14 when that happened.

*Soul*
Old 05-01-2005, 06:27 PM   #171
winged_dreams

Twigs don't make good looking people! I'm quite skinny but at least I have a few curves to flesh it out. Don't let other people affect your image of yourself. People can be so stupid, mean, and cruel!!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:23 AM   #172
drgnlvr

Ladies, please keep in mind, that the "waif" look has only been popular for the past 40 years, or so. Before that, women were expected to look like women. Peter Paul Ruebens painted beautiful women, and they were -all- voluptuous. Women like Marylin Monroe were considered beautiful, and they were curvey (and no, the "size" she wore is a myth. I'm not talking about that. LOOK at her. Piss on the size she wore. Look at her shape).

Madison Avenue and the Fashion Industry is responsible, in a large part, for the distorted body image many women have today. Unfortunately, we forget, the designers are predominantly gay men.

Disclaimer: This is not a gay-bashing comment.

Seriously, think about it. What is a gay man going to find attractive? Another gay man, right? Look at the high-fashion models who show their designs on the cat-walk. No tits, no hips. NO CURVES. They are shaped like men, without the outdoor plumbing.

Now, this is not to say there aren't gay men out there designing clothes, who consider a woman who's shaped like a woman attractive. In fact, there appears to be some movement in the industry to go back to designing clothes for -real- women (Thank Goddess!), but the fact remains, that for 40 years, we have been force-fed an image of "beauty" that is impossible, and downright dangerous for most women to achieve, and it's because a handful of people were designing clothes, and creating an image of beauty for the wrong gender.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:55 AM   #173
OnixxFilth

I agree, drgnlvr. I've learned to accept, if not like, the fact that I have a "big ass", as my boyfriend calls it. According to some chart I saw I forget where, I'm actually underweight for my height! At least I'm at a nice weight where I'm still pretty skinny but not sticklike. From my freshman year in high school to my junior year, I somehow dropped over 10 lbs. without doing any sort of diet or exercise and went from a somewhat pudgy 136 to a sticklike 120. That was awful, because my clothes bagged on me horribly. I felt like a stick person trying to wear clothes meant for someone with some dimension to them!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:20 AM   #174
OnixxFilth

Heh, Xng, that's really cool. I had something similar happen to me at Barnes and Noble the other day. I went out wearing my corset boots, a pinstripe dress, black eyeshadow and lipstick, and my black mourning bonnet from the 40's, which has one of those cool veils that cover your face. This older gentleman who was probably in his 50's somewhere said,"Excuse me, miss, I like your outfit!" I went,"Why thank you!" It's weird how it seems that everyone else except my boyfriend like it when I dress gothic.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #175
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I was wearing a red faux corset shirt, jeans, and a black pinstripes fourties ganster style hat at the library one day, and this guy stopped what he was doing to tell me that I'm very beautiful.

That made my entire day.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote