Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
Madame Mim

Introduction - Madame Mim

Ok, here we go Sorry if something's not clear, my mother tonge is spanish and my english is a little neglected.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
My vocation is singing, but I'm doing other stuff too. Job? Unfortunately no, looking for

2. Where are you from? Argentina

3. Who is your favorite author? Depends on the day, my mood on that moment. Right here, right now, I'm thinking of Borges

4. What are your favorite films? Like all my tastes, I can't tell you just one. I like very much the works of Gus van Sant, Coppola, Bertolucci, Tsai Ming Liang and Kim-ki duk.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? If there is ever a wedding, there wont be music at the ceremony, on the party... well, anything goes, I wont be paying attention to that...

6. At your funeral? None, just silence

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? I don't know, anything but stupid or painfull

8. What kind of casket would you want? I'm okay with a funerary urn, really don't care what happens to my body once i'm not there anymore.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? anything comfy, don't really care about that

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? unconsciousness

11. What's your favorite band? right here, right now... I would say Deftones

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? In argentina we have a different education system, don't know how to answer that... I'm studying musical composition... and other stuff, like theatre, italian, german, french, and of course my singing lessons...

13. Why did you join? The last forum in spanish I was sucked, so I started to look for a forum in other languaje.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? female
Madame Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
Saya

Welcome! And I love your username, Sword In The Stone was both my favourite book and movie when I was little :3
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
FlowerGirl

Welcome!
Hope you'll enjoy it here.
FlowerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Amunet

as Saya said, cool username. I haven't watched that movie in a very long time. Welcome!
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
CarrionCorpse

Oh God,
I fucking love Deftones.
Welcome!
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
Apathy's_Child

Borges..... nice. What kind of singing? Do you write your own songs at all? And finally, are you mad mad mad mad?

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #7
Alan

I got in a fight with my best friend about Neruda and Borges because of Borges' support for the right-wing governments of Chile and Argentina.
My friend argued that Borges called himself an anarchist and that I should appreciate his poetry aside from his ideas.
I responded that his art cannot be divorced from his ideas of life and therefore we must also consider the reasons and source of inspiration of his poetry.

I felt that might interest you.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
JethroAranas

Ey. I'm from Spain. usted no esta solo aqui. Haha..welcome madam!
JethroAranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
Madame Mim

Thanks!
Madame Mim was one of my favourites characters in my childhood. I still love watching the Disney movies of the "old school"...
Actually, I don't compose music... I study classical music, and yes, I make music for my teachers, but I really suck doing that. I just keep on studying that career cause I love classical music and to keep the Social Security (Is that how you call it?).
I'm an opera singer (well, I'm working on it).
Why should I be mad mad mad mad? Maybe I am, but if you watch everyone closely, no one's totally sane...
I agree with you, Alan, but in this case, I think, Borges doesn't really care about politic in his work (actually, used to be trashed for his apparent indifference about the dictature), he had some problems with some presidents and had his own reasons to not get involved in a struggle with them. Anyway, I didn't live those tragicall years, but I don't blame him for triyng to keep himself apart from that mess.
Thanks for the wellcome, cheered me up

PS: Gracias, Jethro Aranas, un hispanohablante no me viene nada mal, jaja, quizás me pueda ayudar con mi desastre de inglés, si no es mucha molestia
Madame Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
JethroAranas

A veces uso gothic.net como un area de practica de. Whehe. But sometimes they become so mean too. I just got used to it.

By the way, I try my best to minimize using Spanish in here, except only if I don't really know the English word.

There's got a lot of smart, funny and mean people in here. You'll really gonna enjoy in here.
JethroAranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:35 AM   #11
Stormtrooper of Death

Hello and welcome.