Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #351
Andrias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portalmind View Post
Hey all , hows it going. I've been reading up on this thread a little, and I've got a few questions maybe you could help me with.
Well, I started death hawking my hair about 7 months ago and I've run into a few problems. First and foremost I can't get the side-burn thingies right. They always look ridiculous, and never long enough. I've let my hair grow out a bit, and I'm about to try it again so hopefully I get it this time. Any pointers?
Also, how often do you guys end up washing your hair?
It seems like a real hassle to wash, since mine has really started dreading up from the teasing/hairspray and sleeping on it. Which is another thing I wanted to ask. How do I prevent the dreading, or should I at all?

Thanks,
R

Side burns are easy, don't shave below the top of your ear, use that as a starting point. Never have any problems washing, just get some generic conditioner w/ butter in it for tangled hair (find it for a $1 at Sallys) it comes right out for me, no knots, washing at least twice a week.
Andrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #352
Portalmind

my deathhawk

Alright, well I managed to get all the dreads out, cut and dye everything the way I wanted it - and I'll be taking better care of it in the future.
Thanks for the tips on the side burns, I'll give it a shot when my hair grows out again. I ended up just shaving the sides and Bic-ing them.
I might post a few pictures to see what you guys think.

Last edited by Portalmind; 02-02-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: moot question at the end
Portalmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #353
Purepsycho

No longer in the hawk club myself (boo) but heres mine from a couple of years ago:

Purepsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #354
Salami

Ugh
I posted a pic of my hair on pg 14, but apparently now it's a hipster type thing to do.

Not that I necessarily mind, i'm just tired of being called "skrillex" and shit when i'm walking around

):
This is rather disappointing, I was extremely happy with my hair but now I see it everywhere and I know I did it years before it became a trendy thing to do, but I can't help feeling a little bit upset about it.

So....give me sympathy?<3
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #355
Grausamkeit

You're gonna have to get used to people appropriating things you like. It doesn't stop. If it makes you happy to wear your hair like that, who cares if a bunch of hipsters start doing? Are you wearing it like that because it's cool and no one else was doing it? Or do you wear it like that because you genuinely like it?

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #356
Grausamkeit

I didn't stop listening to Siouxsie and the Banshees or Joy Division or Bauhaus just because I've seen hipsters wear their shirts.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #357
Dolly Glass

I've been growing my hair out from a pixie because I've been considering shaving my hair into a death-hawk as part of my high school graduation.
I'm just worried that it'll be too short. Right now, from root to tip, my hair is 5-6 inches long (starting to grow down my neck finally). My graduation is in May (so it probably won't grow too much longer in that amount of time).
Do you guys think it'll be long enough or would it just look ridiculous to have a death-hawk that's only 6 inches?

(I've never really seen pictures of 'hawks that seemed shorter than a foot for reference)
Dolly Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #358
Solumina

I've seen ones around that length that look good, I think it really depends on your face shape.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #359
Joker_in_the_Pack

This thread lives! Five years and it lives! ... that is all.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #360
Zetmech

Been reading a bit in this thread now, and I wanted to know if anyone could give me tips on how to do a Death hawk when youre thin-haired like I am. I tried teasing the hair, but it wont let me, since its so thin. Any pointers?
Zetmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:06 AM   #361
ape descendant

Rave hair-spray

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #362
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmech View Post
Been reading a bit in this thread now, and I wanted to know if anyone could give me tips on how to do a Death hawk when youre thin-haired like I am. I tried teasing the hair, but it wont let me, since its so thin. Any pointers?
Get some product in your hair before you start teasing, you can try hairspray but I would go with something made to give your hair texture, just make sure it isn't going to weigh your hair down and really focus on the roots.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #363
Dolly Glass

Sides aren't pink anymore and the wind made it very difficult to keep it up (tropical storms xc ), but overall I think it looks good for my first attempt.
Dolly Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #364
Andrias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmech View Post
Crimpers

I have insanley thick hair already, if I get enough hair spray in it, not even hurricane force winds will budge it. I've sat outside on very windy days (live in FL) with a fixed tower on my head
Andrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:12 AM   #365
Acharis

I'm going from waist length hair to a bob with the deathhawk shave tomorrow. Really hope it will slick down to a work appropriate 'do like I planned.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #366
Acharis

Ok, it's cut. Now I'm practicing how to put it up.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote