Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-18-2005, 06:22 AM   #51
CptSternn

Aye, poke fun all ye want but I remembered Friday why Ireland rulez more than the states:

No income tax, no incoming tax filing, and we still have free healthcare

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:52 AM   #52
MrMaelstrom

Sternn, this last one seemed a bit desperate...

I mean come on, I'm portuguese, latino, left-wing, anarquist, libertarian, peace-loving, egotistically patriotic sonofabitch, but to say "Ireland rulez more than the states"?
Sorry if I sound offensive, but even to fierce critic of the US as I may be (and am) that phrase comes off not in its usual ballsy manner, but near ridiculous. I mean, sure, they're Goliath, but right now, none of us is David. And if this time David turns out to be called Osama, I don't think a revival of the Dark Ages is anything both of us have in mind.

You should have said something like Guiness and left it at that. Any serious attempt at comparing two disproportionately different countries (on everything from size to history) is a bit pathetic. I mean, I'm pretty sure Liechenstein or Luxembourg citizens do a lot better per capita than the average american Joe. Is the comparison fair (to any of them)? No.

Hey Skoteinh, I'm trying to promote a healthy environment for national and cultural hatred to nurture. I wasn't really going for the gender prejudice thing. But it was funny, and that excuses just about anything in my book.

And I gave Solumina crap about her bikinis. Are you calling me gay? :evil:
Old 04-18-2005, 09:53 AM   #53
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Cause I don't like my balls touched, even during coitus....which uh...I have yet to partake in...I am just guessing.
I thought every guy liked having theirs played with?

:?
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #54
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Maybe you are?

:twisted:
Old 04-18-2005, 10:33 AM   #55
CptSternn

Mael - You obviously are not familiar with the US income tax system.

See April 15th (last friday) was the final filing date. It's like a national day due to the chaos that surrounds it. 10 hour lines outside post offices for people who are trying to get their papers in. It takes weeks for an average family wih average holdings to get the paper work in done and in order. The week alone has warnings on the news about late filers and long lines. Failure to file can mean the government comes and takes everything you own and throws you in jail, worst case senario. Best case they audit you, keep you busy for weeks with paper work and rounding up reciepts for EVERYTHING you purchased in the last year (from milk down to taxi lifts), and charge you a few thousand for the whole ordeal.

I had to hire an accountant for my other business it got so convulated. I was paying a few grand a year for someone to tell me I had to pay the government a few more grand a year.

Tis a huge burden for most people. And after all that you get to send the government a few thousand for monies they say you owe.

Just glad to not have to worry about that anymore.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:41 AM   #56
WolfMoon

Or people could just file their taxes on time like my husband and I do each year.

:wink:
Old 04-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #57
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh
It's primarily an observation, secondly a complaint, but that's my problem. Not trying to gag anyone. You gotta admit it happens a lot, though, and I'm just bored with it, but whatev.

And... pride?! Dis, man, I don't have any pride in the first place, so I don't see how my comment could be construed as a sign of a wounded one.

Anyhow, I don't resent you, or anyone else on this board, for engaging in - or supporting - this textual philandering. I do reserve the right to be frigid about it, though.

Hey, I'm Norwegian. What did you expect? :wink:
I was referring more to being proud of the fact that it goes back to nudity

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:07 PM   #58
Solumina

Have any of you ever been attacked by a ladybug?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:28 PM   #59
edible_eye

i'm proud of the sex and nudity also. in fact, i vote for even more of it. what is this? gothic.virgin? gothic.prude? no, it's gothic.net and what do you use a net for? to catch stuff - like sex and nudity.

thank you.

and sternn, income tax in this country is out of fuckin' control. working slobs like myself have to work until mid-may just to pay off our taxes for this year. what does that mean? it means i won't start earning real money for my family until somewhere around may 16th - and that's just disgusting.

on the other hand, we have hot women. lots of 'em.

and it's spring....

..... oooooh, baby.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:58 PM   #60
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
i'm proud of the sex and nudity also. in fact, i vote for even more of it. what is this? gothic.virgin? gothic.prude? no, it's gothic.net and what do you use a net for? to catch stuff - like sex and nudity.
http://daemlich.net/499

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:05 PM   #61
AlKilyu

Quote:
on the other hand, we have hot women. lots of 'em.

and it's spring....

..... oooooh, baby.
Dear e_e,

You are married to a beautiful women.

I am single.

Please steer the ladies my way.

Thank you.
AlKilyu
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #62
edible_eye

one minor correction - instead of saying "income tax", i should have said "taxes", period. according to the tax foundation, americans will be free from paying their taxes this year somewhere in the april 2 - may 4 range, depending on the state in which one resides.

"In 2005, Americans will work 70 days to afford their federal taxes and 37 more days to afford state and local taxes. Other categories of spending measured in the report include housing and household operation (65 days), health and medical care (52 days), food (31 days), transportation (31 days), recreation (22 days), clothing and accessories (13 days), saving (2 days) and all other (42 days)."

bottom line - while i agree that paying taxes is unavoidable and that the government has every right to impose taxes in order to keep this country safe and running - an overhaul would do our WORKING citizenry well for there is WAY TOO MUCH pay out in the way of "government entitlements".

here's the rest of the breakdown.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxfreedomday.html
Old 04-18-2005, 07:46 PM   #63
edible_eye

as for countries that blow - which are best known for prostitution?

that's what I'M talking about.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:30 PM   #64
TeapotScar

Quote:
as for countries that blow - which are best known for prostitution?

that's what I'M talking about.
Best known for blowing... really really well?

The United States of MY DORM ROOM, baby...

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:03 PM   #65
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
The United States of MY DORM ROOM, baby...
ahhhh....

i don't care if it's the politics forum, you ARE teapot-hot.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:07 PM   #66
MrMaelstrom

E_E, did you mean "known" as in famous for tradition and quality (like Hamburg/Amsterdam/Hong Kong/Tokyo/Kyoto/Paris/Hollywood?

Or did you mean "known" as in infamous searches for farm boys and girls in some east asian country for sale?

Any particular trick you had in mind? Some places have "house specials".

Not that I'd know anything about this, of course.

I'm fond of australian merino sheep, for the extra wool to grasp onto, for the fact that they're cute and easy conversationalists. :shock:
Old 04-18-2005, 11:18 PM   #67
MrMaelstrom

And how much are you thinking of spending and for how long?

You're kinda new at this, ain't ya? :twisted:

Stick to Thunder God, dude, youy can't go wrong with Hamlet-speak.
Do one of those "pentafucks".
Old 04-18-2005, 11:35 PM   #68
edible_eye

sigh. when it comes to prostitutes, i'm a virgin - so yeah, i'm new at it. all those countries / towns you listed "blow", i guess.

thanx for steering me in the right direction for my next vacation...
Old 04-18-2005, 11:48 PM   #69
MrMaelstrom

Ahh, it is orar preasure that sir seeks...

"Walk This Way...."

Go with Hong Kong.
Any of the thousands of Suzie Wongs and Mei Lins from all corners of asia and Russia (not to mention England and South America) can do the service, but I recommend you find a chinese pre '97 handover Hong Kong resident or a woman/girl from Shanghai to do it.

If you wanna also catch a lot of sun and have a holiday, go with thailand, but wear protection IN ANY SEXUAL ENCOUNTER, BE IT A NATIVE OR NOT.

But if it's the ultimate hooker experience (full bag-o-tricks) you want, try to find a good HK pro.

I think...

So I've been told...
Old 04-19-2005, 05:35 AM   #70
CptSternn

E_E - I feel you there. Tis the point I was making. I used to HATE filing tax returns.

TS - Yes we pay taxes here, but its not like the states because 100% of the taxes are taken from the employer. It's like this - when you get a job you give them your taxid (which is connected to your PPSM, like an Irish Social Security #). Then the employer knows everythign about you - if you have kids, etc. They also know how much you pay in taxes. They then work out your rate of pay and how much it will cost THEM to employ you, and let you know your salary. Most companies figure this out prior to telling you. For example, if you make €10 an hour, you make €10 an hour on your cheque - you porbably are making like €13 an hour but the employer pays that to tax, so you never see it or even really know about it and you sure as hell never have to see it or fill out any forms on it.

If you get a job here and they say you make €1,200 a week, your check will be €1,200 a week and the taxes will be presorted by the company who pays you, you never see or miss it.

Thats it - short and simple - never have to file a return and they government only asks you update your info if you get married, buy a house, or have kids. Thats about it.

Slán
Old 04-19-2005, 08:09 AM   #71
skoteinh

Hey, e_e:
Old 04-19-2005, 08:18 AM   #72
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Actually, I hadn't thought of it that way, but now you mention it...

:twisted:
Old 04-19-2005, 08:35 AM   #73
skoteinh

And to set things straight: MY country blows!
Old 04-19-2005, 09:36 AM   #74
MrMaelstrom

Drop it Skoteinh, everybody knows that portuguese asses are cuter and hairier (and on the endangered species list).

Now confess, is my portuguese ass cuter than the greek one or what?
Old 04-19-2005, 10:40 AM   #75
CptSternn

Prostitution is legal in many parts of Europe. Germany and Amsterdam I know have big tourist draws for it.

I also know like bikes and cars, you get what you pay for - so stay away from the cheap places near the tourist shops, unless your up for surprises...