Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Tattoos: Do you have any?
yes 70 63.64%
no 40 36.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2005, 10:54 AM   #51
AlKilyu

Alright...but mine is Chinese...and kept under my clothes.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:01 AM   #52
DCreep

I have somewhere between 70-80 hours worth of ink
I've accumulated through the years. Every tattoo reminds me or brings me back to what was going on at that point of my life. They all have a story behind them. Some have heavy sentimental value. They just remind me of different times of my life good and bad, and are a constant reminder of where I've been and where I'm from and most importantly, who I am. Each tattoo is like a landmark for that time in my life. My tattoos remind me everyday of how lucky i am.
DCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:16 AM   #53
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Alright...but mine is Chinese...and kept under my clothes.
Yeah, so you can never get rid of it,

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:37 PM   #54
Solumina

I always wanted to get a Latin phrase tattooed on my shoulder right blade and I finally decided on Odi et amo (I hate and I love) which is the beginning of Catullus’s poem 85. I originally wanted to get Tempus Fugit but too many people think that means storms pass and not time flies plus I wanted something more personal.
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:40 PM   #55
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
Hell yeah. Nerds, especially ones who take classes like "Number Theory", should be shot. Ha. Ha. I am, of course, serious.
WHAT!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Number theory would *rock* you, Granny.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:47 PM   #56
Granny-like_the_apple

Way to notice things, Tea.

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:13 AM   #57
darkangel81

As some of you know I have been studing several Martial Arts in the last 12 years and during that time it came to me that I would like to have a tatoo related to the Arts. I gave it much thinking and when I reached the black belt in Kendo, my sensei sat down with me and we talked about it for a while and he suggested that in ancient Japan the Cranbird was considered to be the symbol of the Sword Master. I looked for about a month untill i found a really cool one. I had it done on my right upper arm and i have never regretted it so far.

On the pain part I would like to say yeah it hurts in the beginning but after about a half hour, the pain started to fade to more of a burning feeling. It took the artist about an hour and a half but i liked the pain and the result is that i now want more tatoo's.
darkangel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #58
FenrisQueen

Granny-Like-The-apple
Quote:
. The "I wish I was Japanese" anime nerd:
Everyone knows someone like this. They refer to themselves as "otaku" and they embrace everything Japanese, not necessarily because it's something unique or interesting, but because it's Japanese. They wear clothing with Japanese or Chinese characters on it that translate to English phrases like "good will" or "long life." They wouldn't be able to get away with wearing a shirt that said "long life" in English because it would just look stupid, but as soon as it's translated into kanji it suddenly becomes cool and mysterious? Please.

That hurts me granny. It really does. I'm an Otaku, and motherfucking proud of it! I love my sake shirt!
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:36 AM   #59
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel81
As some of you know I have been studing several Martial Arts in the last 12 years .
What part of 'some of us?'
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:21 PM   #60
winged_dreams

I have finally decided what tattoo I want. I love AIC and I wanted to get "Alice in Chains" tattooed between my shoulder blades. It would also be neat to get the AIC sun tattooed on me somewhere! I'm so obsessed with them!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #61
Patricia

I'm not sure how to count up my tattoos as my artist and I have a tattoo "plan" and she's done all my pieces to eventually blend together into one huge piece.

When I was 20, I got the outline of the 'Crow' silhouette at the base of my spine (urgh, cheesy as hell, but I like it and I'm shocked at the complements I get on that one.) I was going to get the triple moon of the Goddess, but I changed my mind on the way to the shop (which is good, because I am still goth but no longer Wiccan.)

On the back of my right shoulder, I have the crew insignia from the second "Crow" movie. It looks like black flames, but on closer examination it's a muder of crows coming together to form the silhouette of a crow landing.

On my right shoulder I have a circle of three crows and the Japanese kanji for "crow" inside it.

On my right arm, I have a b/w tattoo of Gary Oldman as Dracula (young prince incarnation).

On my right leg from upper thigh to knee I have a B/W tattoo of a famous memorial in Pere-Lachaise cemetery - it's a naked dead girl lying on sheets. The bottom part (starting at my knee) is a pair of disembodied arms holding a bunch of calla lillies. This was taken from a photograph of a bronze sculpture that I tweaked on the computer.

On my left shoulder I have a huge purple watercolor-style rose by Stephanie Law (fantasy artist). Below that I have Witold Pruszkowski's 1884 painting "Falling Star" redone with green tones and with long black hair on the figure. I love romantic era paintings.

On my left leg I have the beginning of my "muse" tattoo. Starting just below my waist I have another piece by Stephanie Law of an elven girl with purple wings made from birds. Below the elf and to the left I have the Childlike Empress from "The Neverending Story." Beside her I have Brandon Lee from "The Crow," silhouetted in front of the broken window. Below him I have Eve from "The Creation of Eve" - I can't remember the artists name, but it's a modern piece with Eve as a snotty little girl. Beside her is Lucifer from the manga "Angel Sanctuary." Below him I have Kira from "The Dark Crystal" and next to her I have Christian and Satine from "Moulin Rouge." This tattoo is in it's infancy - the piece will cover the front of my thigh as well and go all the way to the top of my foot.

I got really lucky with my artist - except for the first three tattoos mentioned, she's done all my work. She works on a big scale, she was an art major, and she is incredibly dedicated - especially when it comes to unusual or non-flash tattoos.

I hate getting tattooed, which is weird because of my commitment to getting the work done. When I got the winged elf on my side, I was almost in tears, my artist was in tears, and we did everything we could to make it less awful. She wants it to look perfect, and she's willing to be as patient as necessary. We tried movies to distract me from that piece, books, etc. (She has more tats than me and she's a huge wuss - when we laid out this tattoo, she was freaking out. "Oh, it so goes there, it's perfect there, but when I do it we're going to cry!) I think it's important to build a special relationship with an artist. She wound up doing a lot of work for free (I am her intended showpiece of everything she can do in color and in B/W.) She's in Puerto Rico, and I'm in the process of saving and going down to finish up. Finishing up means a week of agony, as I still have the backs of my shoulders, my back, and the rest of my left leg to do (she and I are debating the right leg.) Our intention is that I'll have one tattoo when we finish up.

My back is supposed to be a collage of angels from cemeteries, all photographs that I've taken. It will be in black and white with tiny bits of color worked through it, like flowers on the graves and that sort of thing. However, I am really uncertain about getting that amount of work done - for no other reason that the pain factor. I'm considering a single angel down the center of my back rather than a "scene."

She keeps saying she'll taken me out with horse tranquilizers and do it while I sleep.

We'll see.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:32 AM   #62
g.shadow

I have a tatoo it's of the grim reper and it's on my right arm it's rather good if only i could show you all... never mind.
g.shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:22 AM   #63
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I have a little cat's head on my left hip, and I'm saving up to get my family sheild coat just under my left breast (so it'll be close to my heart).

I've tosseda rounda lot of ideas, and a fe wha ve stuck, and soem I know are goig to change. I kinda want a vein of spirals that goes from mid thigh to my right clavicle, btu I'm not sure. . .I'd like to get it done at once, but that would be a crap load of money. of course, the color sheidl coat's not gonna be any easier.

And the pain. . .Will be rough, probably. I didn't pick a terribly sensitive area for my first and only one, so I don't know how well I'll respond to gettigna tattoo ona sensitive place like my breasts, or the back of my neck (I'm considering a barcode there, but haven't really put a terrible amount of thouht into that just yet. Beside, it's been done a lot).

but I adore tattoos. The after effect of having it done is the best I've ever felt outside of time spent with my boyfriend.

And it hurts a lot less than piercings. heals faster, too.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 01:40 PM   #64
WolfMoon

Sounds pretty cool, Panther. Although if that spiraled one goes from your thigh to your clavicle it'll definately be more than one session. Unless your artist has a lot of time to devote to you.

I'd also say that the pain of tattoos vs. the pain of piercings is, for me, about even. Tattoos are more intense for a shorter time, piercings are a dull ache for awhile. Then, again my tattoo was on my shoulder, so it might be a more sensitive area than a hip.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:15 PM   #65
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
good point.Anwyay, I have an appointment next thursday tog et my family shdeildcoat done under my left breast.

But I overestimated what my paycheck is going to look like.

Hopefully I'll have enough money to cover it (She did say the price was on the outside range of what the tattoo will cost). I'm gonna try to sell of things hta tI don't need (like my comic books *tear*).

Or maybe I'll just get the putline done now , and get it colored in two week from now when I get paid.

Shall have to see my check and call the artist to see what my options are. Worst case scenario, I have to push the whole thing back a couple weeks.

But I can't wait to get it done!
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:45 AM   #66
teknopuppy23

(brief c/s) As far as wings go, it's been done. Many, many, many times. When I decided to get stuck I wanted something "unique", or at least something you don't see everyday. Also, I really tried to give my tattoo guy a little room to play and, luckily, I couldn't be happier with my ink. ^_-
-Pup.
teknopuppy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 05:05 AM   #67
Wise Child

I only have one. I also wanted something unique, and in the end I settled for a black seahorse going down my thigh. I love it, no one else has anything similar - well, that I've ever seen anyway - and since it's near the top of the thigh it doesn't matter too much if I go off it one day
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:04 PM   #68
moonbaby345

I don't have any.I don't have a high tolerence for pain and I'm afraid of needles.lol.
moonbaby345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:09 PM   #69
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbaby345
I don't have any.I don't have a high tolerence for pain and I'm afraid of needles.lol.
HELLO?
This is Earth.
Please stop posting random crap and introduce yourself.
And stop the NETSPEAK!
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:24 PM   #70
chloegoth

This is mine!

I waited 3 years, staring at it in my wallet, before I got it. I got it on my 21st birthday, because I figured a tattoo was a better way to usher myself into adulthood than getting drunk.

The design is the logo for The Dark Entry, a clothing/fetish store in New Orleans. I got the tattoo in Chicago, and my tattoo artist did a great job. We worked on the design for a day or two before I went in. I can't wait to get more, hopefully some to fill up my lower back.
chloegoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:19 PM   #71
F8hasU

I LOVE tattoo's I currently have 2, a star and a butterfly (butterfly is a famliy trad.) I plan to get quite a few more. I would never regret any of them. Besides I don't have any regrets cause at one point I wanted it.
F8hasU is offline   Reply With Quote