Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #901
Geoluhread

Those immature bastards are really getting on my nerves.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #902
gothicusmaximus

My teeth are moving.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #903
HellforgedX

Did they forward their mail? Make sure to list a change-of-address with the post office.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:57 AM   #904
the-nihilist

Boy, the trees are really sneezing today.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:05 AM   #905
Lord Whiskerton

My sleeping patterns are off.

Second Account that I doubt I'll be using: MiladyMalice
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #906
Geoluhread

I`m growing wisdom teeth. One is growing over an already existing tooth. Ouch =(
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #907
SiouxsiePernova

My wisdom teeth seem to be causing problems as well.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:29 AM   #908
Geoluhread

it feels awkward to me because i only changing teeth teeth last year :S
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-14-2009, 07:34 AM   #909
the-nihilist

I thought I had hurt my achilles tendon, but now I'm pretty sure I didn't.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #910
the-nihilist

Consarnit, I reck'n it's hotter'n Alabama hoot'nanny down 'round these here parts.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #911
Alarica

I want to rant about my parents, but even I cant tell where legitimate hatred of how they treat my kids ends, and the jealousy of them putting my bros whores kid on a pedestall begins. That and they never fail to make me feel like a huge disapointment. They hate my partner, I get that, but taking it out on my kids is low, even for pretentious fucking snobs like them.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #912
Saya

My mom depresses me sometimes. She flipped out at me because she was trying to get me to buy this uber expensive whitening thing (I guess it was like a toothpaste but you were supposed to coat your teeth with it for a while? I'm not sure.) My teeth aren't sparkly white, granted, but they aren't yellow either. I do have a stain on two of my teeth but its from braces when I was younger, I had a white cap over it but they dissolve after years so I just need to go in and get it done again. I didn't want to buy it because it did test on animals and I think its stupid to waste money on something I'm not self conscious about. She used to make me really self conscious about everything when I was living with her and when I moved out and away from her I was amazed at how nobody really cares about my flaws even when they do notice them. Before my job interview she nagged me for hours telling me to wear perfume and make up (I didn't, only wore cover up since I was a little blemished), no tips on how to behave during the interview or some possible questions they may ask, just all on how pretty I should look. So the toothpaste thing really bothered me and I refused to buy it, and she flipped and told me to "give it up" when I mentioned the animal testing. She then told me I should pick up some shampoo but I said I'll pick some up at another store later, and she said "is your shampoo something stupid too?" If by stupid you mean vegan and not made from harsh chemicals, yes. She's like this with food (doesn't get organic, doesn't get boycotting Coke or Chiquita) and gets mad with me then too.

I get that she probably just don't give two shits about ethical issues like that, or what impact she has on the world, but why be so hostile to people who do? Because we're not striving to be pretty?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #913
honeythorn

He hasn't ever text me back since 2 weeks ago. :_( I don't think I'll bother anymore.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #914
Lord Whiskerton

Someone purposely pilfered the quart of rocky road ice cream from my fridge, even after I explained to everyone in the house that I was saving it for today.

Second Account that I doubt I'll be using: MiladyMalice
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #915
Needlefeet

I feel stupid for getting back with my first girlfriend. But eh.
I also have a cold. It's like... the third in the past month.

Amboss: Did you vote during the last Presidential election?
Daniel: Why, yes! I voted for Andi Sex Gang!
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #916
DRM

It feels weird not being single anymore.

I'm not sure if I'll ever fall head over heals for him, that makes me kinda sad.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #917
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
My mom depresses me sometimes. She flipped out at me because she was trying to get me to buy this uber expensive whitening thing (I guess it was like a toothpaste but you were supposed to coat your teeth with it for a while? I'm not sure.) My teeth aren't sparkly white, granted, but they aren't yellow either. I do have a stain on two of my teeth but its from braces when I was younger, I had a white cap over it but they dissolve after years so I just need to go in and get it done again. I didn't want to buy it because it did test on animals and I think its stupid to waste money on something I'm not self conscious about. She used to make me really self conscious about everything when I was living with her and when I moved out and away from her I was amazed at how nobody really cares about my flaws even when they do notice them. Before my job interview she nagged me for hours telling me to wear perfume and make up (I didn't, only wore cover up since I was a little blemished), no tips on how to behave during the interview or some possible questions they may ask, just all on how pretty I should look. So the toothpaste thing really bothered me and I refused to buy it, and she flipped and told me to "give it up" when I mentioned the animal testing. She then told me I should pick up some shampoo but I said I'll pick some up at another store later, and she said "is your shampoo something stupid too?" If by stupid you mean vegan and not made from harsh chemicals, yes. She's like this with food (doesn't get organic, doesn't get boycotting Coke or Chiquita) and gets mad with me then too.

I get that she probably just don't give two shits about ethical issues like that, or what impact she has on the world, but why be so hostile to people who do? Because we're not striving to be pretty?
She resents you for having the ability and youthful idealism to care about something.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #918
Solumina

I drank too much last night, I'm not hungover or anything (woo Gatorade and tortilla chips) and I didn't do anything all that regrettable, I was just having way too much fun dancing, the problem is that I wasn't feeling any pain so I didn't know when it would have been a good idea to stop since I was wearing new shoes so now my feet are a bit sore, and I somehow ended up individually teaching every girl at the party how to drop it like its hot so my legs are also a bit sore
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #919
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
She resents you for having the ability and youthful idealism to care about something.
Perhaps. I can't wait to show her my pit hair.

First day of work was awesome, everyone was really nice and it seems like it will be a uber easy job once I get the hang of it. My feet are killing me though, I need something to eat but I don't think I can stand up.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #920
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Perhaps. I can't wait to show her my pit hair.
I don't know what your attitude is here--if you're just kidding or whatever, but don't just start fights for no reason.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #921
Underwater Ophelia

So.
I feel a bit embarrassed.

Not in any dramatic way or anything, a woman got the best of me. There was a girl I was sleeping with--she wasn't a girlfriend or anything, we had an understanding--and she was a little cutie pie. I liked her company. I took her on dates, we had sex, we went dancing, we partied together. It was nice.
She tried to get closer emotionally and have me meet her friends, and it didn't happen. I told her she wasn't my girlfriend, and wouldn't ever be my girlfriend.

So I'd call her, and she didn't pick up.
I'd IM her and get no response.
Facebook her, whatever. No response.

She got a new girlfriend and didn't even tell me or anything, she just started ignoring me completely.

And I'm not pining for her, and I don't miss her per se, but I want her around again.
I'm a fool.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #922
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I don't know what your attitude is here--if you're just kidding or whatever, but don't just start fights for no reason.
Yes, I'm kidding. I go out of my way to avoid pissing her off.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #923
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Yes, I'm kidding. I go out of my way to avoid pissing her off.
Oh, ok.
I couldn't tell.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #924
Delkaetre

I quite like going to the cinema. Comfy seats, no ad breaks, not much chance of someone ringing the doorbell or popping to ask if you want tea and breaking up the film while they also ask if you want biscuits, and how much sugar you take, and so on.
So I have a particular dislike for people who talk loudly during films in movie theatres. Whisper very quietly to your friend if you want to- I quite understand the desire to go "hey, is that the guy from Control?" or "Could you pass me the winegums, please?". But don't actually talk. Not loudly. Don't shout and shriek and giggle unless the film is quite genuinely very scary or very funny, and if it is then please shut up once the bit you laughed at is over and done with.

The reason for this rant- individuals in the back row on Saturday, when my Gent had very kindly paid for tickets to a late showing.
Only two things stopped me from standing up in the movie theatre to shout
"Would you shut the fuck up!" when the back two rows chattered all the way through The Orphan.
1- it would have been rude to the others in the cinema, and I might have accidentally spoken over dialogue, thus further damaging their experience
2- it's not a great neighbourhood, and I didn't want little fuckos with switchblades being tough at me for mouthing off at their noisy bitches.

I did, at the very end, lose it just enough to turn in my seat and say, rather than shout, "look, really sorry, but would you shut up?". This resulted, not in a cessation of their talking (and they hadn't been whispering. The whole damn film they'd been talking, the volume you might at a bar or party, and occasionally shouting, giggling, apparently at random), but in continued conversation. In the bathroom after the film I realised they hadn't identified me, because they were bitching amongst themselves about "the woman who went mental at us" and didn't seem to have noticed the girl with the biker boots and black leather jacket and scowl.

"Mental" implies some kind of violent or extreme response. Not my own polite request. Fucking Crawley's finest ruining my night out with my Gent.

Before anyone says that I should have ignored them, it really wasn't possible. The film has lots of nice, quiet bits with spooky music and tense scenes. This is ruined, absolutely ruined, by harpies shrieking "OOOOOH I DUN LIKE HIM HE INT NICE!!!" and "SHE'S EVIL OOOOH SHE'S GONNA KILL THE LIL GIRL!!!"
No spoilers there, since their predictive ability is... flaky, at best. And if you didn't know the film had a little girl in it, you probably haven't seen any of the posters and may not even have heard of the film.

Bit of bloody consideration for other patrons'd be really nice. Just whisper amongst your goddamn mates instead of broadcasting for the whole damn theatre. You wanna talk, go download it and watch it at home. The rest of us? We came here to watch a movie on a really big screen with a really good sound system, not to listen to you, you giggling, whooping, inbred scum.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #925
Underwater Ophelia

At least over here, in some theaters if you complain they'll give you a free ticket to see the movie again.