Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #51
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
I didn't know a cops job was to use less-lethal weapons on elderly women.
I wasn't aware that it wasn't a cop's job to arrest someone when the law says they should and to restrain them when their training tells them they should. You think that cops should ignore the law and their training?

Quote:
Arrest and taser is two different things.
Good job on arguing against something that no one's even suggested.

Quote:
You really want to make that argument? If you personally feel that speeding is dangerous enough to warrant po9lice using lethal weapons to stop it, then you are seriously ill.
This is an extremely dishonest argument. I never suggested using lethal weapons for anything.

Quote:
So you further my point - age IS a factor. What makes a 70+ year old any more deadly than a 2 year old.
It wouldn't have happened with a two year-old because even if a two year-old had managed to start a vehicle and throw it into gear, he or she would never have been able to get as far as the old lady. The kid would've crashed long ago. Are you suggesting that a two yea-old could get to where that lady was?

Quote:
Again you try and push a hypothetical as fact. How do you know what would have happened had he tried another method of restraint? Thats like arguing you know what would happen in the future is someone did something different than what they choose to do - are you able to predict the future now?
So you're saying that you wouldn't criticize the cop had he hit her with a night stick instead? Or punched her? Or tackled her? Or drew his gun?

Quote:
If your again trying to say motorists should accept being hit with lethal force when they speed, then again I must say you have issues. What if she had died? What if using a taser on a 70+ year old grandmother had killed her?
Remind me... what was it you just said about hypothetical scenarios?

Quote:
Would you still be here vehemently defending the police action to kill her?
Yep.

Quote:
As stated above, tasers are less-lethal weapons, meaning there is always a chance the person could die when used. Do you [i]really feel killing speeders is ok? Killing 70+ year old women grandmothers is ok? You seem to be defending that course of action which is the same as defending what could have happened.
I love how you dismiss my argument as hypothetical, but then your own arguments rely heavily of hypothetical situations.

Quote:
But hey - if you like the idea of the police using less-lethal force on elderly, women, and children - all in the name of keeping people from going a few miles over the speed limit, then you should lobby your local politicians in support of laws that give the police the right to kill people when they are caught speeding a few miles over the limit, as that is exactly what you are supporting whole heartily here mate.
If you think that police shouldn't do their job, then you should petition your own government to get rid of all police, as that's what you are supporting here.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:50 AM   #52
CptSternn

You are arguing that it is ok for a cop to use lethal force on an elderly lady for speeding. You can try and justify it however you want, but that is your argument.

It makes me feel sad for you.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #53
Beneath the Shadows

The fact that you have to blatantly lie about what I've been saying neither changes nor invalidates my position.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 07-26-2009, 11:34 PM   #54
CptSternn

Lie how? You support the cop using less-lethal force on an elderly lady for going a few miles over the speed limit. There are half a dozen posts you made supporting that position. I feel sorry for anyone who truly believes that there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #55
Beneath the Shadows

You ask how you lie, yet in the very next sentence you say I support the use of force for speeding. That's two lies in one. One of the lies is that I support any such thing. The other lie is that such a thing happened in this case.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 07-27-2009, 11:52 PM   #56
CptSternn

Really? You really should go back a page and read your own responses as well as have a look at the original article (and video).

You should get a job with Faux news.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #57
Beneath the Shadows

I think it's you who needs to do that. Your arguments have consistently shown that you didn't actually watch the video in the first place, otherwise you wouldn't try to use the video to back up your own position. And I dare you to find any post where I say anything along the lines of "it's okay to taze old people for speeding and nothing else." Yeah, good luck with that.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 07-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #58
alyroi360

Shadow, all I see is you telling everyone else that they're lying. Shut the fuck up and admit that you are wrong. It's ok to do that you know, if you don't have your head jammed so far up your ass that you can actually see what you had for lunch.
alyroi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #59
Beneath the Shadows

Then show me where I'm wrong.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 07-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #60
alyroi360

Show you where you're wrong? Show me where you're right! If you have sustainable proof, then please share instead of bullshiting.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #61
Beneath the Shadows

Proof of what? That he's lying? The topic's there to be read. That the cop tazered the old lady for resisting arrest and assaulting him, like I've been saying, rather than just for speeding, like Sternn's been saying? I posted a video in the OP. Which part do want proof for?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 07-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #62
alyroi360

Oooooh... I get what you're arguing about now. Hmph... Still stupid. It's not really worth fighting over, once and again, shadow. The point is, the old lady did something illegal either way, regardless, so... yeah. I think I saw that video already. Mean, but I get it. What happened afterward, anyway? Did she get a fine for assulting him or whatever?
Old 07-31-2009, 02:16 AM   #63
Pineapple_Juice

Alyroi you're retarded. Why bother taking up someone else's argument if you don't know what's going on? Shut the fuck up.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #64
the-nihilist

I think it's pretty pretentious of anyone to judge someone's actions in a situation they've never been in.