Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
Lady_Ligeia

Romantic Witch Here!

Hello, everyone! I've been searching for a cool community to connect with like-minded souls in the Gothic community/subculture. Where do I begin? Hmmm... I was born this way. I've always had an inclination for all things esoteric and macabre. I've always appreciated the tragic beauty of an overcast day, those days that are so beautiful, mother nature cannot contain her tears of joy upon beholding the sight of Her own perfection. I'm also Pagan, although I consider myself to be a Witch first and foremost. Occultism is one of the main pursuits of my life - I practice many kinds of divination (including cartomancy/tarot cards), spellcraft, nature spirit communication, interdimensional travel and a plethora of other metaphysical activities. It's my life, really.

I enjoy traditional Gothic literature and romanticism. I major in literature and have 3 minors in the social sciences. One day, I shall be a counselor and doctor because my fascination with the human mind (as well as how multiple humans interact) is infinite. I live, breathe and sleep poetry. As demonstrated by my screen name, my favorite writer is Edgar Allan Poe although I love many others, especially classic English poetry and French Symbolist poetry. As for music, I love a diverse array of bands and sounds. Of course, I like a lot of "traditional" goth music but I also love a lot of punk rock, metal (and as of lately, doom metal), folk, classic rock, jam bands, (some) rap and far more than I can begin to count, but those are what come to mind. I'm also a tree-hugging vegetarian and an ardent feminist. I love coffee, birds, flowers, cats, lace gloves, fishnets and faeries - This is all that comes to mind at the moment, but I assure you that there's a random lot of fun and insanity in my interests/personage.
Lady_Ligeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Murder.Of.Crows

Coffee and cats!? My goodness.