Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-22-2023, 11:52 AM   #1
betty noir

Unhappy i need help

I'm goth and my skin is mildly tan (i'm not a white person ). I really like the pale goth look but don't know if it'd be offensive if i put on makeup to make me super pale. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ashamed of my race or skin or anything, I just like the paper white goth look and wanna do it myself. I'm afraid of being considered problematic though since blackface is when a white person paints their face black and idk if being a tan person and making my skin super pale white is as offensive. please let me know if its acceptable in the goth community
betty noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 08:38 PM   #2
Gothic.net

There is no problem because looking Gothic is cultural, not inherently racial, so the equivalency is false. You may, however, want to look up some tutorials on Youtube for choosing the right shade of pale to compliment your look and original tone. Some folks look better with a very slight blue tint, or a slightly warmer tint, all of which informs your base foundation and/or powder choices. Stark white can actually sometimes look, well, less ideal than you originally intended.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:38 AM   #3
Spider_

Looking pale is more about the dead corpse look. not because your skin is pale. If you're really uncomfortable about it. You could try what fits in your culture, For example if you're of Mexican descent, you could try a dia de los muertos look. Many cultures have some sort of pagan influenced mask that you could use as makeup.
Spider_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:39 PM   #4
betty noir

Smile thank you guys

I have been experimenting with makeup n stuff more and more and got a lot of inspriation from a video by Madi Danger. i enjoy the dead corpse look on myself and went really simple with making my waterline red, putting black eyeliner on, and black lipgloss with a *smidge* of blush- and ofc with some foundation and facepowder :) i feel very....free i guess is the word thank you guys
betty noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 02:09 AM   #5
Butiffely

You can try searching on youtube. There are many ways. https://www.housecleaningabbotsford.com/
Butiffely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 03:38 AM   #6
Yuriy19

It seems to me that you should not look back at other people. Do what you want, and let others stick their opinions where they want.
Yuriy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 11:42 PM   #7
edwardterr

Your choice of base foundation and/or powder should take into account the fact that some people appear better with a very slight blue tint or a little warmer tint. https://www.learnparkournow.com/
edwardterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 07:46 AM   #8
edwardterr

You may, however, want to look up some tutorials on Youtube for choosing the right shade of pale to compliment your look and original tone. kitchen remodeling carrollton
edwardterr is offline   Reply With Quote