Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
Panic

Shiloh / Panic

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I paint, draw, photograph, teach myself violin, watch far too much anime / too many movies, download much more music than I actually listen to, and spend quite a bit of time on the internetz. I also sell shoes.

2. Where are you from?

I'm currently in Texas, and although I've lived here, on and off, since I was 8 years old, I still don't consider it home. I was born in Virginia, and have lived in Florida, New Jersey, and Oklahoma.

3. Who is your favorite author?

Ooh...I like Margaret Atwood, Lewis Carroll, Joyce Carol Oates, Kurt Vonnegut, Robert A. Heinlein, Katherine Dunn, Frank Herbert, William Gibson

...as for fun silliness, I've been getting into the Harry Potter series, quite a bit.

4. What are your favorite films?

Currently: Edward Scissorhands, The Americanization of Emily, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Naked Lunch, and V for Vendetta.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

I want an Edward Scissorhands themed wedding. Doesn't every goth girl? We will cut the cake with a specially made pair of scissor hands. Seriously.

6. At your funeral?

Oh, I don't know...I'm going to be cremated.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Well, if I should ever decide to "end it all" I'd choose something horribly painful, and horribly unusual. I'd want people to talk about it. I might just light myself on fire in or outside of a public building, a la Buddhist monk, in order to make people believe I was making a political statement.

But, if I don't kill myself, then I'd rather die in the usual way everyone wants to die: while having great sex.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

See above.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

All of my favorite clothes are someone else's clothes. As soon as I wear an outfit out, I don't like it as much. That's horrible, isn't it?

Right now, I just really want a cute gothic loli outfit...

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

I paid way more attention to my surroundings when I was a kid. Being at knee-level puts you in such a perspective that you can't HELP but notice things. Everything is bigger than you. And things that are smaller (especially bugs, I loved bugs) are much cooler...maybe because you're closer to the ground? ...More likely because you're not distracted by things like...work...school...sex...

11. What's your favorite band?

The Dresden Dolls. They're not terribly goth (Amanda Palmer's early work was), but they're oh-so-fun.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Some college. I haven't picked a major yet, so I'm just wasting my time in a community college until I either get my Associates or figure out what the hell I want to do with my life.

13. Why did you join?

I used to be here...I couldn't make myself keep checking in on a messageboard, but now that I'm on another one (with IRL friends) ...I'm plenty brainwashed by the internetz, by now.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I have a cunt.
Panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #2
Panic

...How is it that I can say the word "cunt" but it censors the word "l-o-l-i-t-a"

What if I had said that it was my favorite book? Would it still have censored the word? Hey, not everyone's a pedophile. Just mostly everyone.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #3
Queenofdarkness57

* Waves* Hello, welcome, bienvenue, merhaban. Enjoy your stay. I likke borrowing other people's stuff, they're way too cooler than mine! Hehe, that makes two of us.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #4
Metatron

Ahoy Lewis Carroll fan! Welcome to gnet! Enjoy your stay, blah blah blah, you get the point. Welcome!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #5
Saya

Hullo, and welcome! May I ask what anime you like?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #6
Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic
...How is it that I can say the word "cunt" but it censors the word "l-o-l-i-t-a"

What if I had said that it was my favorite book? Would it still have censored the word? Hey, not everyone's a pedophile. Just mostly everyone.
really? does it?

Let's check it out!

hm...

WTF??? are there more words I can't say...?

Anyway, welcome, I really like your avatar, by the way...
Old 04-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #7
Niels

let me try a few:

fuck
shit
asshole
motherfucker
fucking
damnit

(I'm so bad with curse words...)

*edit after seeing the post*

WTF??? Now I'm confused...
Old 04-06-2006, 08:52 PM   #8
Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Hullo, and welcome! May I ask what anime you like?
I used to say "dark stuff", but to be honest I've most recently become enamored with series like Saber Marionette J, Fruits Basket, Oh! My Goddess...and I've always loved Sailor Moon. The one I watched most recently was Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Pretty much everything, but especially if it has something to do with the following: cute girls, cute boys, any combination of the previous in gay / bisexual situations, outer space, the future, dystopia, vampires, robots, um.....did I just list every anime under the (rising) sun??

I also liked Miyazaki's Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and The Cat Returns.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:57 PM   #9
gruel

Hi there,here's a bunny:
;;;;;;;;._________________ ;;;;;;;`
;;;;;;;;;;;:____________ , :;;;;;;;`
`:;;;;;;;;;;;`__________, :;;;;;;;;`
_ `:;;;;;;;;;;;`_______, :;;;;;;;;
___`:;;;;;;;;;;;_______, ;;;;;;;;
____.`:;;;;;;;;;______ ;;;;;;;`
_______`:;;;;;;_____;;;;;;:
___________`:;;;;., .;;;;;;
______.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
____.;;;;;D`;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
____`;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
_____`:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
_______`.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
___________.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;_______
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:00 PM   #10
Saya

Fruits Basket is one of my favourites! Its adorable. Have you seen Gravitation? If you like cute boys and gay situations, I'd recommend it ^_^
Old 04-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #11
Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Fruits Basket is one of my favourites! Its adorable. Have you seen Gravitation? If you like cute boys and gay situations, I'd recommend it ^_^
I was reading the Gravitation manga for a while, but seeing as I can't afford the books myself, and my friend stopped collecting them, I stopped reading at about book 7.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #12
Saya

I've only read the first two ^_^ The anime is pretty different, I'm not sure which one I like better.

You bum manga off of friends too? Unfortunately my friend moved away, taking with her the Fruits Basket volumes, so I never got to see the final epidsodes of Fruits Basket *sniff* The DVDs here are $45, and there are only about four epidsodes on one volume. Gravitation has thirteen epidsodes, but four volumes. RIP OFF!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #13
Panic

I'd like to add, everyone is so gosh-darn nice here! (Maybe I'm just so used to Dallas-scenester-snobs) Thanks for all the comments.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #14
WolfMoon

Welcome Panic, you seem like a nice addition so far.

We all like t3h anime b00biez here!

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:47 PM   #15
bunnicula

Hi Panic! You like bugs too? We'll get along then
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #16
Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesofatragedy
I like your taste in anime. Welcome to the site!

If you don't mind me asking, where about in Texas are you?
My location reads: "Dallas, TX"

That's how I know that you're in San Antonio, you see?