Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 03-29-2006, 11:22 AM   #51
Binkie

You just burned yourself with that Christian Science Monitor article, Sternn. I guess you forgot to copy that table too off to the right. Let me go ahead and do that for you now:

"Prewar 2003: 95,000 megawatt hours/day

June 2005: 100,000 megawatt hours/day
"

Whoops. You done fucked up. My Iraq Directory and Arab News articles both reiterated the same stances (and provided stats) - that production had surpassed pre-war levels. Perhaps you mistook full power for meaning pre-war... mm'no. They accomplished that a long time ago (2004). They're now focused on meeting the actual electrical demand of the Iraqis, which has risen since 2003. You need to catch up with the times.

I still find it hysterical that you have an article that gets it's information from Electricity Minister Mohsen Shalash and try to use that to show I'm wrong. Yet maybe you forgot that I also linked to an article that quoted him in July of 2005 of giving the very estimates I've been using for stats. Atop of that, stats came in from independant sources as well, which now compromise 3/4ths of my sources. Your government arguement doesn't work anymore.

More than half of your articles refer to stats collected in 2004, so don't talk to me about dates. Matter of fact, none of your articles even give current stats, except for your CSM article, which actually reiterated my same claim, that we've surpassed pre-war levels. Meanwhile I have 5 current (mid to late 2005, one is even 3/19/06) sources, wait, 6 by the end of this post, that list the very stats you're attempting to contest. You have what? Two? And one of them is reiterating what I've been trying to get across to you this entire time.

This is the SECOND time you've quoted a source that's contradicted you. Not a good track record in an arguement.

As for your other article, which predates one of mine, I'm looking at that note of error at the top:

"Correction to This Article
Earlier versions of this story gave an incorrect figure for Iraqi oil production. Oil production stands at roughly 2 million barrels a day, compared with 2.6 million before U.S. troops entered Iraq in March 2003, according to U.S. government statistics. This story has been updated to reflect that corrected information.
"

They've used errornous information AND government statistics? I thought you totally disregarded those statistics, Sternn.

Also, 4,400 was a prewar peak, not average.

The actual average output in Iraq prewar was 3,958 megawatts.

If you're wondering where that figure came from, you can check the Brookings Institute's Iraq Index.

http://www.brookings.edu/fp/saban/iraq/index.pdf

The Associated Press, BBC, FOX News... essentially all of the major news networks and press agencies actually use this compilation of statistics for most of their figures since it's the most comprehensive. Iraq is currently running at an average of 4,200 megawatts right now. So even while the electrical system is being maintenenced for summer, it's still higher than the prewar average.

Third article is irrelevant. Doesn't list stats. Doesn't compare anything of current value against pre-war anything.

So there you go.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:20 PM   #52
Empty_Purple_Stars

What is that smell?
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:40 AM   #53
CptSternn

Once again all I can say is, if I'm so wrong, then where are all those Iraqi's in the streets meeting the troops with flowers?

Whats all this 'insurgency' about?

You actually are arguing that Iraq is going good for America, I mean with 5-10 body bags coming home with your troops in them every day?

Whats yer purpose there now? Even 70% of the troops there don't know and now say they want to come home. That can't be good for moral when 70% of the men there say they have no purpose and just want to leave.

So if all these 'improvements' are happening there, why isn't the news reporting about all those happy Iraqi's you continually refer to?

Things your 'stats' might not show. Yes, there is possibly more electricity being produced, like the CS article said, but like my articles stated - it all goes to power the green zone.

Thats right. You might be right about the increased power. However, the US occupation is using it all and the people living there are without power for 12-16 hours a day, meaning they have less than they did before the war.

It's not about how much more the us government has given iraq, it's about how much they have given the people.

The us government has helped itself to those resources, so the people there still suffer, and suffer more than they did prior to the invasion.

If you don't believe me, try watching the news, or just count the incoming body bags.

Happy, content people who have their basic needs met don't go around blowing up the people who helped them out now do they?

Of course trying to explain this is getting harder and harder. I mean, look at bush's latest speech he gave yesterday...

Bush blames Iraq's instability on Hussein

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/...ies&eref=yahoo

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush said Wednesday that Saddam Hussein, not continued U.S. involvement in Iraq, is responsible for ongoing sectarian violence that is threatening the formation of a democratic government.

In his third speech this month to bolster public support for the war, Bush worked to counter critics who say the U.S. presence in the wartorn nation is fueling the insurgency.

*snip*

Sadaam is the new bad guy again? Run out of other reasons to blame on the angry people? Like yerself binkster, he trying to say 'they have more power (even though the common people dont see it), they have clean water (in rich neighborhoods protected in the green zone), and now have a constitution (even though it was written by US backed and paid officials).

Yes, things must be going well, and with no other persons or groups to blame, bush is back to blaming Sadaam again, even though he is currently in jail.

So your still arguing that Iraq is going well then? Yeah, we hear you. Just like we hear bush. And like bush, whos public opinion poll numbers are going down faster than a cheap manchester slapper, no one is buying your arguments either.

But please, continue to debate WHY iraq is so much better now and how American troops are being met in the streets with flowers! I know I do love a good fairytale!
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:49 AM   #54
Binkie

I'll take that as you conceding the arguement.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 03-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #55
Empty_Purple_Stars

I don't believe it was ever said by ANYONE here that the War in Iraq was going 'well'.

There is a HUGE difference between pointing out your flagrant discrepancies and saying "Boy Oh Boy is the Iraqi War going GREAT!!"
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:19 AM   #56
CptSternn

I'm not condeding. I'm saying there is less power going to the Iraqi people now than there was before the war. Thats my argument. Because you have an article that says yes, more megawatts might be produced, doesn't mean the Iraqi people are seeing any of it. Hell, billions in oil revenue have been made, billions more in construction contracts have been made, over a trillion has been poured in, but of those trillions of dollars, how much has gone to the common Iraqi? in comparison, how much has gone to US defence contractors and companies like haliburton? So is the 'Iraqi Rebuilding' really benefiting the Iraqi people or the defence contractors?

Like the electricity, even if more is being produced, the US occupying force is hordeing it for themselves. This means there is less power, which article after article and interview after interview the Iraqi's themselves complain about.

Most recently yesterday...

http://news.**********/s/ap/20060331/...ZhBHNlYwM3MjE-

"Tens of thousands ... have lost their lives here because of the occupation," she said in the video. "I think Americans need to think about that and realize day-to-day how difficult life is here."

"People don't have electricity. They don't have water," she said. "Children don't have safe streets to walk in. Women and children are always in danger."

She said Americans have failed to grasp that reality in Iraq.

I think the term yer looking for is 'paper tiger'. On paper the Iraq invasion must have looked good. On paper still now according to USAID, the war is going brilliant and the people are better off now in their lives than ever.

However intel and feedback on the ground from the common man tells a 100% different storey.

Therefore, arguing that the US has somehow 'helped' the Iraqi people is a stretch at best. They have no running water in THIER areas, they have only a few hours of electricity at best in THEIR neighborhoods. It looks like the US has set themselves up as the new astocracy, living it up in Sadaams old palaces, helping themselves to the electricty, and are plundering oil while american coprorations, not the people grow fat off trillions pouring into american coffers.

So explain to me how the Iraqis are better off now that the US maybe has increased electricty, but has decided to keep it for themselves?
Old 04-01-2006, 10:31 AM   #57
MrMaelstrom

This thread is getting all tangled up about little shit.

Sternn, you don't make it easy.

Try this:

Bush supporters, do you now believe that the US administration FUCKED UP in Iraq?

See? Simple question.

Or, do you now think/suspect you were deceived/LIED TO regarding the reasons for you to send your men and women to die in war (as usually happens)?

Do you think America's war effort is contributing to peace in the region, or the taking to extremes of it's population, sowing the seeds of hate that will flourish into the next generation of terrorists and "martyrs"?

Is Iraq still not having a Civil War? What does it take for it to be considered so?

And my personal favourite, now that we near the 40 000th civilian casualty:

WHERE THE FUCK IS OSAMA BIN LADEN?
Old 04-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #58
Binkie

You were never a math major, were you, Sternn? More megawatts = more. Not less. And it's being evenly distributed throughout Iraq, not centralized on Baghdad, as evident by the complaints by people IN Baghdad, but praises from other people around the country who only used to see one hour of electricity before the invasion.

Oh yes, nice article about the propaganda video Carol was forced to make. Let's post the rest of it, eh?

"It was not possible to reach Carroll to ask her whether she actually held any of the views expressed. Jim Carroll, her father, told the Monitor that the abductors told her daughter she would have to make a video praising her captors and attacking the United States to secure her freedom.

Her captors 'obviously wanted maximum propaganda value in the U.S.,' Jim Carroll told the Monitor. 'After listening to them for three months she already knew exactly what they wanted her to say, so she gave it to them with appropriate acting to make it look convincing.'
"

Yes, we didn't help Iraq at all. All of this stuff:

- Awarded 627 grants worth more than $6 million to rehabilitate schools and equip Directorates General
- Rehabilitated 2,510 schools countrywide
- Distributed desks, chairs, cabinets, chalkboards, and kits to primary and secondary schools
- Printed and distributed 8.7 million revised math and science textbooks to grades 1-12 by mid-February 2004
-Trained nearly 33,000 secondary school teachers (17,513 women) and administrators, including 860 master trainers (264 women), nationwide
-Conducted an accelerated learning program in five cities to allow out-of-school children to complete two school years in one year. More than 550 students participated in the program
-Through university partnerships, more than 1,400 Iraqi faculty and students at 10 Iraqi universities have participated in workshops, trainings, conferences, and courses in Iraq, the Middle East, Europe, and the United States
-Vaccinated over 3.2 million children under five and 700,000 pregnant women with vaccination campaigns and monthly immunization days
-Provided supplementary doses of vitamin A for more than 600,000 children under two and 1.5 million lactating mothers, and iron folate supplements for over 1.6 million women of childbearing age
-Screened more than 1.3 million children under five for malnutrition and distributed high protein biscuits to more than 450,000 children and 200,000 pregnant and nursing mothers
- Provided potable water for 500,000 persons each day in Basrah, Kirkuk, and Mosul
-Repaired 1,700 breaks in Baghdad's water distribution network, rehabilitated water treatment facilities in four governorates, and repaired over 100 sewage pumping stations, rainwater stations and collapsed sewer lines in 6 governorates
- Procured supplies to service water treatment facilities in Baghdad and other cities
-Provided skills training for 2,500 primary health care providers and 700 physicians. Trained 2,000 health educators, teachers, religious leaders and youth to mobilize communities on hygiene, diarrhea, breastfeeding, nutrition and immunization issues
-Renovated 110 primary health care centers and provided basic clinical and laboratory equipment to support the delivery of essential primary health care services to 600 primary health care centers
- Provided vaccines and cold chain equipment to selected remote health centers
- Developed a national plan for fortification of wheat flour with iron and folic acid
- Re-established the national disease surveillance system
-Restored water treatment service to 4.0 million, and sewage treatment to 7.7 million
- Demolished and rebuilt three heavily communited bridges that were on the verge of collapse from prewar conditions.
- Performed emergency repairs to the national fiber optic network from Mosul to Umm Qasr, connecting 20 cities to Baghdad and 70 percent of Iraqis that have landline telephone accounts
-Purchased tools, equipment, and parts and provided management oversight to assist ITPC in the restoration of the fiber optic network.
- Replaced obsolete transmission equipment between Baghdad and Basrah in collaboration with the ITPC
- Reconstituted Baghdad area phone service by installing switches with 240,000 lines at 12 sites
-In total, USAID installed 12 domestic switches and one international switch, fully integrating the new equipment with the existing switches. The switches provide connection points for ITPC to connect subscribers
- Installed a satellite gateway system and restored international calling service in December 2003
-Trained ITPC engineers and technicians in the operation and maintenance of the satellite gateway system and the new telephone switches
-Added 855 megawatts (MW) of new capacity to the electrical grid
- Reconstructed the 400 KV Khor az Zubayr-Nasiriyah transmission line
-Initiated a project to rehabilitate 13 existing substations and construct 24 new substations in Baghdad to improve distribution reliability for more than two million Baghdad residents
- Drafting privatization law; strengthening the Iraqi Privatization Commission.
- Engaged with Ministry of Trade to achieve WTO accession.
- Working to establish and officially adopt modern accounting and financial reporting standards
- SME lending program and partnerships developed; 3 banks selected; 30 bankers trained
- Trained 80 lending officers in microfinance best practices
-Worked with the Ministry of Finance to introduce the new Iraqi dinar. An estimated 6.36 trillion new dinar are now in Iraq; 4.62 trillion are circulating
-Provided technical support for the re-opening of the Iraq Stock Exchange after it was closed for more than 15 months; 3.6 billion dinar ($2.4 million USD) in shares were traded the first day
-Provided technical assistance on accounting, budgeting and lending activities at Iraq's commercial banks and improved statistical analysis, monetary policymaking and bank supervision procedures at Iraq's Central Bank
- Evaluated and updated commercial laws on private sector and foreign investment
-Assisted in developing the reconstruction levy in collaboration with the CPA and the United Kingdom Customs Service; the levy imposes a 5 percent tariff on imports
-Developed a government-wide strategy to support the automation of planning, budgeting and reporting processes across ministries, including the creation of a Financial Management Information System (FMIS), a new accounting and reporting system for all Iraqi ministries
- Provided technical assistance and information on contracting opportunities for Iraqi businesses through business centers
-Providing rapid and appropriate humanitarian assistance to people suddenly displaced by increased conflict or natural disaster
-Working to ensure the safe return of "old case load" IDPs to their communities in non-contentious areas, especially among the Kurdish population (non-contentious areas are those areas free of land tenure issues, or where a political agreement exists between community members)
- Replaced or repaired more then 400 kilometers of potable water network
- Rehabilitated 105 water treatment plants and units.
- Cleared sewer lines and rehabilitated seven sewage treatment plants
- Refurbished and restocked four municipal water testing laboratories
- Conducted 50 workshops and trainings on media, civic education, women's advocacy, and anti-corruption
- Actively recruited and trained women to serve on governorate, municipal and neighborhood advisory councils throughout Iraq

Is just a lie. It's a stretch.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #59
WolfMoon

I'm getting hungry.

Are you done grillin' yet?

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #60
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
This thread is getting all tangled up about little shit.

Sternn, you don't make it easy.

Try this:

Bush supporters, do you now believe that the US administration FUCKED UP in Iraq?

See? Simple question.
Define 'fucked up'.

Quote:
Or, do you now think/suspect you were deceived/LIED TO regarding the reasons for you to send your men and women to die in war (as usually happens)?
There were possibly hidden agendas behind it, but I still believe that we went there for an honest reason: To protect our country, we couldn't find any WMD, but that was no reason to leave Saddam in power to threaten us in the future. Search and destroy.

Quote:
Do you think America's war effort is contributing to peace in the region, or the taking to extremes of it's population, sowing the seeds of hate that will flourish into the next generation of terrorists and "martyrs"?
I think that it will eventually lead to peace if there aren't a bunch of extremists blowing people up for not holding their own beliefs. But I'm not holding my breath for it.

Quote:
Is Iraq still not having a Civil War? What does it take for it to be considered so?
I have no idea.

Quote:
And my personal favourite, now that we near the 40 000th civilian casualty:

WHERE THE FUCK IS OSAMA BIN LADEN?
He was behind the sofa trying to blow up Jesus.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #61
gruel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
He was behind the sofa trying to blow up Jesus.
I'm so glad you found Jesus,I've been searching everywhere for that little guy.
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #62
WolfMoon

I wouldn't have found him if I didn't hear his *eek*, lol.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:44 PM   #63
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Most recently yesterday...

http://news.**********/s/ap/20060331/...ZhBHNlYwM3MjE-

"Tens of thousands ... have lost their lives here because of the occupation," she said in the video. "I think Americans need to think about that and realize day-to-day how difficult life is here."

"People don't have electricity. They don't have water," she said. "Children don't have safe streets to walk in. Women and children are always in danger."

She said Americans have failed to grasp that reality in Iraq.
http://news.**********/s/ap/20060402/ap_on_re_eu/carroll

Carroll Disavows Statements Against U.S.
By MATT MOORE, Associated Press Writer 2 hours, 31 minutes ago

RAMSTEIN AIR BASE, Germany - Protected by the U.S. military and far from the country where she had been held hostage, Jill Carroll strongly disavowed statements she had made during captivity in Iraq and shortly after her release, saying Saturday she had been repeatedly threatened.

In a video, recorded before she was freed and posted by her captors on an Islamist Web site, Carroll spoke out against the U.S. military presence. But in a statement Saturday, she said the recording was made under threat. Her editor has said three men were pointing guns at her at the time.

"During my last night in captivity, my captors forced me to participate in a propaganda video. They told me I would be released if I cooperated. I was living in a threatening environment, under their control, and wanted to go home alive. So I agreed," she said in a statement read by her editor in Boston.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #64
MrMaelstrom

The Idea of Osama giving blowjobs to Jesus is revolting, Wolf. You'll burn for this.... where's my Zippo?

And for the US citizens:

Thank you. I meant to type this almost a month ago, but anyway, recently, in the aftermath of the killer landslides in the Phillipines, a couple of portuguese search and rescue volunteers and K-9 units paid for their own travel and lodging expenses to save lives halfway across the world, and when the EU and Portugal were nowhere to be seen, the U.S.M.C. frequently assisted these people by taking them by chopper to and from disaster areas and supplied them with their own water and combat rations.
So again, thank you.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #65
WolfMoon

Quote:
The Idea of Osama giving blowjobs to Jesus is revolting, Wolf. You'll burn for this.... where's my Zippo?
Ha! Like you can reach me from over there!

But, but, it wasn't a sexual reference. Although now that you've insinuated it...
Old 04-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #66
WolfMoon

Quote:
And for the US citizens:

Thank you. I meant to type this almost a month ago, but anyway, recently, in the aftermath of the killer landslides in the Phillipines, a couple of portuguese search and rescue volunteers and K-9 units paid for their own travel and lodging expenses to save lives halfway across the world, and when the EU and Portugal were nowhere to be seen, the U.S.M.C. frequently assisted these people by taking them by chopper to and from disaster areas and supplied them with their own water and combat rations.
So again, thank you.
See? This is why I wonder why people act like America doesn't do anything. Just because it's not always a headliner, doesn't mean we don't help.

*Not directed at you, Mael.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #67
MrMaelstrom

I'll let you know there's no limit to how far I can reach....

...humm...sounded kind of cool but I have to shorten it, in order to give it a more agressive edge..... I'll get back to threatening you later
Old 04-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #68
WolfMoon

Awwww, but I wanna be threatened now!

*sniffle*

btw I'VE MISSED YOU!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:39 AM   #69
CptSternn

These from USA today once again reflect things I said years ago. Once of those deja vú days today! Mainstream has not only picked up on my idea, but is writing them out, almost word for word.

*shudder*

Story sheds light on war in Iraq

http://news.**********/s/usatoday/200...A2BHNlYwM3NDI-

I want to compliment USA TODAY for the cover story "Lifesaving knowledge, innovation emerge from war's deadly violence" (News, March 27).

The real story about our soldiers as they live the war in Iraq, I believe, has been sparsely covered by U.S. media. This piece is the beginning, I hope, of more responsible journalism that will tell the American people the genuine story of the sacrifices being made by our brave men and women in this horrible conflict.

As I began reading the story, I found myself buried in the narrative. I read and re-read each paragraph several times. I was brought to tears by the story of a beautiful, healthy, young man being assured by his surgeon that he will be able to father more children in spite of a bullet having torn through his hip and groin.

We are sending the best of our citizens, young and not so young, to fight in a war whose purpose is not clear and whose management has been unforgivable.

Few Americans in the USA are being affected by this war. We aren't being asked to pay more taxes or make other sacrifices for the war effort. The result is that we go on with our daily lives and might hear or see very little of what is actually going on in Iraq.

USA TODAY has performed a badly needed service by informing the American people about the dangers the members of our military face every day in this conflict. I hope you continue to reveal the conflict's actual story.

Only if Americans are told the truth about what is happening in this land so far away can they make informed decisions about national leadership and government policy.

Thanks again for this powerful story.

Karen Wagner

Rolling Meadows, Ill.

Reality back home

The battlefield medical innovations discussed in USA TODAY's recent cover story are truly extraordinary. We should all be thankful that doctors, medics and nurses go the extra mile to save the lives of severely wounded soldiers.

Unfortunately, these servicemembers will face a different reality when they are discharged. In the latest Bush administration budget, the military will see a tripling of health insurance costs for some military retirees and their families, plus increased fees for servicemembers who use the services of the Veterans Administration.

Military people have good reason to question whether the Bush administration truly values their service.

Robert Tormey, retired major

U.S. Air Force; Escondido, Calif.

I love the way articles on on the 'new lifesaving techniques' is printed, but no one thinks that to learn those techniques, tens of thousands of americans almost had to die. Those people are now permanately crippled.

I also like the way even now, like I pointed out in a few articles since removed, that rumsfled and bush are still are work removing the rights of the soldiers, charging them for medical services, and making it harder for them to get any help once they get home.

'Go fight for your country, but be aware, if you get shot and come home disabled, yer own yer own kid'

That should be the battle cry in Iraq, as that is the new reality. With healthcare through the roof, cuts at the VA, and more disabled soldiers since Vietnam coming home daily, there is no easy fix for this, but to gloss over and hope the next president fixes it is just horrible.

No, before binksters starts her tiraide on how I really don't care fer the troops or their well being, as she does everytime I post an article such as this, I really don't. A soldier makes a choice, and if he comes home in a box or with one leg, thats part of that choice.

But to burden the next generation with even more bills, I mean, in the debt clock articles that came out last week (the debt clock in times square is going to max out in the next few weeks) they point out that right now every man woman and child in the US currently owes $30,000 to other countries. That means from birth, children are born into debt. The next generation, and generations after this will be paying for that debt.

The fact that a whole generation, and possibly two, will contain quite a large number of disabled people isn't going to help the mix, especially accompanied by the fact the healthcare issue isn't going anywhere and baby-boomers are on the way out.

So once again, with Iraq in the crapper, and we all pretty much NOW agreeing on that, I mean, people can point out a few good things, but overall its a crap factory there right now thanks to bush, maybe we should turn the discussion on what the war has done to the states, its people, and what it will be doing to future generations.

And is/was it worth it?
Old 04-08-2006, 04:37 PM   #70
MrMaelstrom

Not for the price I'm paying for my diesel fuel, which eats about 3/4 of my paycheck (I basically work....er....to get to work!!!!).

Do I feel safer? Do I feel the world to be a better place? ...

nope...

Do I feel disowned?
Do I feel betrayed?
Do I feel left out?
Do I feel ignored no matter who I vote for?

Yup?

Ahhhh, fuck it. I'm a Scorpio, I'll make it. I've made it so far, and I'm about to beat Jesus.... far out....!? ^(yes, chillums, Unkle Mäel's smoking the good stuff tonight).

It's Saturday night and I'm using my mistress' pc as she gets ready to go out (this could take some time [5min=5hr])...

Hope you kids have a nice evening and remember: DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

For my part, I'll try not to get scratched so badly again.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #71
WolfMoon

Next time it'll be worse, right?

Old 04-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #72
Sobeh

I'd like to maybe see some trickles of blood and a bruise or two, and if you'd be so kind, a flash of foot and calf from the good mistress under the sheets in the background.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #73
Corpus_Draconis

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/arti...5invoke911.htm
That video has been one of my favourites for a long time.

One of my problems with the war in Iraq is that it costs so much. Those weapons that they use are damn fucking expensive. That money could be put to much better use, such as fixing healthcare (I think free healthcare should be mandatory in a country so big), developing a non-oil energy source (perhaps they wouldn't have to be in Iraq then), reducing poverty/unemployment, or paying off the massive debt they had even before the war.

Another problem that I have with it, and with the War on Terror in general, is that a war on terror isn't going to fix anything. Little Iraqis and Afghanis are growing up seeing their parents, siblings, friends, uncles, aunts, cousins, neighbours being blown up by whose missiles? shot by whose bullets? We need to address their concerns in an intelligent way. I agree that the 9/11 was a pretty shitty thing to do, but perhaps they did it because we didn't listen before? That's what I speculate anyway.
Perhaps it's true that they have more energy on average, more health care, etc, but it's still a shithole. It would be really nice if we could get the place on its feet and help the people live quality lives (according to their own beliefs and such. If they choose to live without TV, all the power to them).

I think what needs to be done is a global Marshal Plan. That would be fucking sweet.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:14 AM   #74
WolfMoon

Corpus, I think it's another case of the rich getting richer while the poor get poorer. Do you honestly think any of the people in power want to take a paycut to improve healthcare? No. Where would they pull the money from for free health services?

They get away with taxing the hell out of the people and a lot of it winds up in their bank accounts. With the way gas prices are going, I may be in the same boat as Mael soon. Working just to get to work. Gods know it's expensive enough just keeping my kids diapered and fed.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:51 AM   #75
CptSternn

Quote:
So again, thank you.
You do know that one of the largest contengent of military forces for the US is the Pjillipines, and right now they are there 'training' the army to hunt 'insurgents' as they are in Columbia.

It's not that they sent shit to help. They were just there when it happened, already assisting the military there.

Just becuse they did what a normal person is supposed to do, doesn't mean they should get special credit.

In the immortal words of Chris rock...

People always asking for credit for shit they supposed to do. 'I take care of my kids!'. Your supposed to you dumb mutherfucker! 'I ain't never been to prison!'. You ain't supposed to go to prison you low expectation havin mutherfucker!