Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:25 AM   #6851
Acharis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria Lovecraft View Post
A guy from my school found my e-mail address after I friended him on Facebook. He keeps sending me messages telling me how lovely I look, following me to my classes, and is now trying to turn himself Steampunk (and failing) and attempting to quote Poe in an English accent to impress me. It was flattering at first, but now it's just creepy.

If anyone actually reads this, and I doubt you will: Please don't think me to be some kind of conceited bitch or tell me "just enjoy the fact that someone likes you".
I wouldn't ever say that, you have every right to choose what you're comfortable with or who you're into. (Or not.)

I'm having the same problem with a young man I don't really know, he harasses me on the forum and follows me around the club. I wish he'd go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria Lovecraft View Post
I always just accept the compliments with a courteous "Thank You!" and say nothing more. I'm not really sure how to tell him to knock it the fuck off, because he's a nice boy and all, but frankly he annoys me and has the intellect of a gnat. He also kind of doesn't have any friends (in our school, anyway) so I would kind of feel like a huge arse if I started avoiding him or blocked him.

God dammit. I need a cup of tea.
Word to the wise: Facebook lists.

Put him into 'Restricted' list, which won't unfriend him but will hide from him anything you don't make public. Or if that's too harsh, put him into 'Acquaintances' - then where appropriate use the option to 'show this status to Friends but not Acquaintances'. (It'll be visible under the image of the lock when you're about to post.) Also do that for your contact info.

That way you aren't excluding him but you can still choose what information he can see.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:37 AM   #6852
Acharis

Damn 7 minute edit.

*Also tell him to stop actually following you. That is creepy, and not unreasonable for you to ask him to stop.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #6853
Victoria Lovecraft

Location: Am I in the library? No? Perhaps the pantry? No. Damn.Hm... Check the laboratory. Yup, found me.
Thank you, Acharis! I hadn't thought of the lists feature on Facebook....
Victoria Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #6854
MissCheyenne

Well, I'm sick of being ill now. I've got to have some blood taken next week for some tests. I'm tired, fed up and no one wants to employ me.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #6855
Solumina

It should not be 70* in January, it just isn't right. I don't understand how so many people can be thrilled about it, yeah I know ice and slush aren't exactly fun to drive in but clearly something is very, very wrong. This isn't a mild winter this is mild for spring or fall, and it is wreaking havoc on the wildlife and I'm honestly quite worried what is going to happen if this continues.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #6856
Xombie

The Farmer's Almanac predicts that, in addition to the weirdly mild temperatures this winter, the coming spring is going to be particularly cold and shitty. That's a bummer.

On a different note, Paul Anka is the fucking WORST.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #6857
in.the.moon

Fuck it! I don't care if I have to sacrifice some money saved for my boobs or my new wardrobe, I'm taking professional driving courses!

If it wasn't for that holding me back I could've already accomplished a lot
in.the.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #6858
Valhalla

There's a snow storm outside. I call work "We're open and you have to come in for your three hour shift"
It's going to be dead there, because of the snow storm, but apparently they already cut hours and if they don't need me they'll call.

If I show up and for whatever reason partway though they tell me I can go home I'm going to put in my two weeks notice.

EDIT: Oh disregard that whole thing. Bus service just went off the road so I can stay home.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #6859
Solumina

You have a snowstorm? We haven't even been dipping below freezing at night, today we hit 70*(F). I'm pretty jealous of the snow (but not shitty driving conditions and all of the other lovely side effects).
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #6860
Versus

The weather here hasn't been as stellar as it is for Sol, but I can't complain. I think it's only snowed twice since mid-December. Also, I'm afraid that talking about will jinx me.

So my Battlefield 3 rant.

I can't understand why people are so fucking stupid. Today, a co-worker told me that the 320 has smoke grenades available. I honestly didn't believe him at first because I have never, not once, seen anybody use them online. He had to google it on his phone, but sure as shit, they're there. Albeit, they're a hundred times more effective then their real life equivalent to point of actually being useful, but still.

What I want to fucking know is: WHY THE FUCK DOES NOBODY USE THEM?! Now I finally understand why I lose all the fucking time. My team is content to be drawn into indecisive firefights, lobbing rockets down corridors and sniping on the other side of no man's land like it's fucking world war 1.

Hey, guys and gals, here's a fucking thought: Maybe if we used smoke after establishing fire superiority to MANEUVER UNDER SOME FUCKING CONCEALMENT through the other team's flank or weakest positions, we could win this stupid shit instead of only spawning to charge into certain death again.

But what the fuck do I know? Go ahead and do you.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:57 AM   #6861
MissCheyenne

The woman who took my blood this morning wasn't exactly gentle and now I have a huge bruise forming. It's right in the elbow bend (is there a name for that spot?) and it's sore as fuck.

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-01-2012, 05:09 AM   #6862
Apathy's_Child

What's up, MC? You sick brah?

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:20 AM   #6863
MissCheyenne

Yeah, I'm sick and I don't know why so the doctor is running tests.

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-01-2012, 05:48 AM   #6864
Apathy's_Child

Daaaamn. Hope it's nothing serious when they figure it out. Let us know what's up.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #6865
MissCheyenne

Thanks man. I'm sure it's nothing major, probably just my body reacting to all the stress of last year but it's best to get it all checked out.

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #6866
Solumina

Stress can do some nasty things to you, throw countless systems out of whack, manifest itself into physical strain and whatnot. Take care of yourself and remember that even if it is just stress that it needs to be treated carefully.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #6867
MissCheyenne

It's the exhaustion that's crippling me. I'm so wiped out all the time I can't even think straight most of the time. Hopefully the doctor will have some solution for me when I next see him.

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #6868
Apathy's_Child

Word. Get someone handsome who's on the right continent to shake you a cocktail. I'd do it but my shaker went missing during the move. I suspect my ex. I know for a fact she took 6 of my Dylan bootlegs. SIX. I mean, I know I wasn't the easiest person to live with, but... damn. That's just cold.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:52 AM   #6869
MissCheyenne

6!?!?! Shit, I would hunt her down like a dog for that. Anyone who touches my music better be ready to pay the price for it.

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-02-2012, 03:20 AM   #6870
Apathy's_Child

She also took our shared computer (semi-fairly, since she did pay for more of it than I did), one of my Spider-Man T-shirts, and, I'm not even kidding, the fucking bag of ice from the freezer.

It's a mark of how much I loved her that I didn't swipe her head off and stump-fuck the remains.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #6871
MissCheyenne

I'm sorry man but taking the damn ice from the freezer is beyond fucking petty. I can maybe understand the computer but not the ice or things that were definitely YOURS.

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #6872
Apathy's_Child

In fairness, the T-shirt didn't fit me anymore, but I'd had it since I was 12 (I was a good size even then so it hung on her) and my dad gave it to me. I don't think she really thought about it beyong knowing it didn't fit me and I'd never minded her wearing it, and honestly, I didn't have the heart to ask for it back.

The ice though, I got nothing. I can't explain that shit.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #6873
MissCheyenne

The last big break up I had, the guy asked for everything he ever gave me back as well as just taking whatever he wanted. I was so shocked, I just gave him the stuff back. I know break ups suck but there's just no need for people to turn into utter douchebags over it. Staying civil is the way forward.

The ice thing seems so bizarre though, it's just fucking ice.

I am your slice of pie
Old 02-02-2012, 03:44 AM   #6874
Apathy's_Child

To be honest, she did what she could to make it amicable (except the ice thing and the bootlegs, but I guess after living together for 5 years ownership becomes more fluid, since shit gets bought back & forth all the time, I guess). I kind of had to cut off though. Staying friends was so not an option there - if I had to watch her with some other guy I'd probably end up seething and seething until eventually it all came bursting out and I wound up sucker-punching some poor unsuspecting dude in his stupid fucking face. There's just no way I could do the things friends are supposed to do without making it awkward every time I got drunk, and frankly, after five years of my shit, she doesn't really need any more of it either.

Yeah... she was pretty much my Big One.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:50 AM   #6875
MissCheyenne

It's nice to think you can stay friends but sometimes it's just not possible no matter how much you want to.

I am your slice of pie