Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #7926
ape descendant

FB, *hugs* I hope your tutu is equiped with oxygen.

MC I hope they find out what's going on soon. Being ill for extended periods of time can really take its toll.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #7927
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
FB, *hugs* I hope your tutu is equiped with oxygen.

MC I hope they find out what's going on soon. Being ill for extended periods of time can really take its toll.
My tutu has jet packs on it. Man that thing flies :-D

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #7928
ape descendant

I was envious of your jet packs, until I remembered wind chill. :S

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #7929
AshleyO

My aunt is dying of cancer.

I accept the fate of my bloodline. If I don't die in an accident, cancer will take me too.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #7930
Miss Absynthe

It doesn't work quite like that.

I'm sorry about your aunt. Cancer is fucked up.. I hope that things go easy for her.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #7931
Miss Absynthe

Dear customer service people.

Learn the difference between someone saying that a situation is fucked up, and someone swearing at you.

Pro-tip - if someone is talking about a fucked up situation and says that it's fucked up.. agree with them and ask what you can do to help.

Quote:
Me:
"Your automated system uses information that is found on my credit statement to have me give extra information that is not found on my credit statement. It gives the last 4 digits of my credit card number and then asks me to give the rest of my card number to make a payment. This is the way that identity theft happens.. I don't know that this is really a system set up by your company, or if it's something set up by someone who has stolen the statement out of my letter box"

"It is also a problem for people with impairments. If I have an impairment that means I'm unable to communicate with the computer system, there is no way for me to get a "real" person to talk to unless I communicate with the system to get me past the identity checks and put through to a person. It should say 'enter this information, or stay on the line to talk to a person.'"

Them:
"If you would like us to put you on the list to be contacted by people instead of the automated service we can do that. Would that make you happy?"

Me:
"It doesn't address a fucked up system that perpetuates ableism, does it?"

Them:
"Ma'am, please don't swear at me or I'm going to have to end the call."

Me:
"Then you might want to end the fucking call now, because by calling out a fucked up system as being fucked up, I'm not actually swearing AT you. I'm swearing about a fucked up system. I mean, it's not like a called YOU a fucking cunt, now is it? I mean calling you a fucking cunt would be completely inappropriate and I would never call you a fucking cunt.. It isn't inappropriate for me to refer to a system that's fucked up as being fucked up.. so are you going to end the fucking call now? Huh? Are you going to fucking end the fucking call? Well? I'm fucking waiting for you to fucking end the fucking call? Hello, are you fucking there?"

Them:
"I'm hanging up now."

Me:
"..and DON'T fucking call me 'Ma'am.' I work for a living."

I get that it wasn't her fault, I really do.. and I work in customer service so I know what a pain in the arse people can be. But don't phone me on a Sunday afternoon, make me listen to minutes of recorded crap that could be fake and used for data fishing without a way to get past it all.

And don't act faux-offended if someone says "fuck".
Old 01-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #7932
Saya

Totally understand what you were saying, but that call would have made me cry. My work in a call center was just a blur of panic attacks and impotent rage.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #7933
Miss Absynthe

I have customers at the bookshop swear all of the time, and the best way to deal with it is to hear what they're saying instead of concentrating on the language.

"I can't fucking believe that you don't have my fucking textbook."

What you can say - "I totally understand that you need that book right now - I can arrange a transfer from another store and then express post it to you, which will get it to you as quickly as possible.. or I could get the transfer sent to us if you want to pick it up in person. Which way is going to work better for you?"

What not to say - "Ma'am, please don't swear at me."

What I usually say - "Just between you and I, I can't fucking believe that we don't have that textbook in either... I totally understand that you need that book right now - I can arrange a transfer from another store and then express post it to you, which will get it to you as quickly as possible.. or I could get the transfer sent to us if you want to pick it up in person. Which way is going to work better for you?"

Changing the conversation so it becomes about the fact that someone dropped the f-word is just going to antagonise and increase the temperature of the exchange. It's also condescending to police someone's language in an adult forum like that. There really is a vast difference between someone using a swear word to communicate emotion and someone using it as an attack.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #7934
MissCheyenne

Really sorry about your aunt Ashley

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #7935
Versus

I fucking knew it.

Quote:
Topic #4: Same Gender Romance: Any news on this front would be great… Answer: First of all, I want to apologize that this is taking so long to get in the game. I realize that we promised SGR to you guys and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character. Unfortunately, this will take a lot more work than we realized at the time and it (like some other pieces of content we talked about earlier in the year) has been delayed as we focused on the changes required to take the game Free-to-Play. As we have said in the past, allowing same gender romance is something we are very supportive of.

Secondly, I want to reveal today that we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb and do intend on pursuing more SGR options in the future. More details to come!
Pay to gay.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #7936
Miss Absynthe

I actually have someone arguing with me that teaching women how to avoid being ***** is a bad thing BECAUSE IT MAKES THE ASSUMPTION THAT ALL MEN ARE RAPISTS.

http://www.thechicagoloop.net/tzikeh...deproblems.png
Old 01-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #7937
Versus

wut **** culture text
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #7938
BourbonBoy

Awesome, I love the smell of drunks on the bus at 6:30 in the morning.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #7939
MissCheyenne

I hate my neighbour. He is so passive aggressive, racist and homophobic. Today's complaints include him imagining the lobby between our flats stinking of cat shit and that if his (fully grown) cat goes outside to shit, so should my 15 week old kitten. I seriously hate him.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #7940
Miss Absynthe

It isn't really a rant, but there are a ridiculous number of bushfires burning in my state at the moment. We have one about 10km from us, and have been advised to be prepared for possible evacuation. Packing a go-bag is easy. Packing a go-bag that takes into account 2 dogs and 3 cats isn't. :|
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #7941
BourbonBoy

Yikes! Stay safe Miss Abynthe. Hope the local FD takes care of it.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #7942
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
I have customers at the bookshop swear all of the time, and the best way to deal with it is to hear what they're saying instead of concentrating on the language.

"I can't fucking believe that you don't have my fucking textbook."

What you can say - "I totally understand that you need that book right now - I can arrange a transfer from another store and then express post it to you, which will get it to you as quickly as possible.. or I could get the transfer sent to us if you want to pick it up in person. Which way is going to work better for you?"

What not to say - "Ma'am, please don't swear at me."

What I usually say - "Just between you and I, I can't fucking believe that we don't have that textbook in either... I totally understand that you need that book right now - I can arrange a transfer from another store and then express post it to you, which will get it to you as quickly as possible.. or I could get the transfer sent to us if you want to pick it up in person. Which way is going to work better for you?"

Changing the conversation so it becomes about the fact that someone dropped the f-word is just going to antagonise and increase the temperature of the exchange. It's also condescending to police someone's language in an adult forum like that. There really is a vast difference between someone using a swear word to communicate emotion and someone using it as an attack.
In call centers, its a lot more BANG BANG BANG ANGRY CUSTOMER ALL THE TIME sort of thing. You have thirty seconds to a minute of "after call" if you need to breathe, but if you take that aftercall break you're put right on top of the queue. Your calls are also recorded and you're graded on how you handled the call. The last one I worked in was threatening to shut down and move to the Philippines (it did), so T-Mobile, who was the client call center, was far more strict, and it led to supervisors literally standing behind you breathing on your neck listening to every word you say to make sure everything you said was perfect to the script. People got fired for very little things. You badmouth the company, you swear, its a big no no. The company can do no wrong. If a customer complains about how the system works, I've never worked at a place where you can take those complaints and give them to someone. You can't leave the desk, you raise your hand and help will go out of their way to avoid you in case its an escalation call, and even then they don't have any feedback system either, you have to wait for this other outbound department to call the customer and grade the person you were talking to, but not the system itself. Most call centers aren't even owned and operated for the company they worked for, so the company can pull ship and fire everyone when another call center offers a cheaper contract. Not only that, but you aren't free to deal with the situation as you see fit. When I worked for Rogers, I had to apologize as if it was my own personal fault Rogers screwed up, and it drove customers crazy that I would apologize all the time, but I was supposed to. I had to make a internal credit check and bridge to a sale even if they just called in really quick to check their balance because they were at the store ready to pay, or I'd get a zero on the call and get written up. If you called in to complain how we're always bridging to sales, I'd have to apologize, and then bridge to a sale. No exceptions. "Sorry we're always calling you trying to sell you a new cell phone! BTW, how would you like a new cell phone?"

Most people who worked there were extremely unhappy and neurotic as a result. Once I got a telemarketer who sounded like she was about to cry, and I had to say no thanks, and felt really awkward that I'd get her in trouble if I acknowledged she sounded sad and tried to cheer her up.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #7943
Miss Absynthe

The fire near us is out now.. the weather is insane though. Apparently the BOM has had to add a new colour to their charting system for temperatures above 50celsius.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #7944
Miss Absynthe

@Saya - I get how awful it is to work in a call centre.. but this is a person in a bank. Also, swearing really is a different thing all together here. We use swears like punctuation and if I had said the sentence "I fucked up" swearing wouldn't have been an issue at all, the issue was that I was saying the banks system was fucked up.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 AM   #7945
Solumina

I've been so damn hungry lately. I don't know if it is stress or what but I can't seem to stop being hungry, even after a big meal I'm only full for like an hour. I'm drinking plenty of water so it isn't dehydration, I've also been paying pretty close attention to what I'm eating and have added a multi-vitamin so I can't imagine that it is a nutritional deficiency. On the plus side I don't seem to be putting on any weight.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 AM   #7946
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
It isn't really a rant, but there are a ridiculous number of bushfires burning in my state at the moment. We have one about 10km from us, and have been advised to be prepared for possible evacuation. Packing a go-bag is easy. Packing a go-bag that takes into account 2 dogs and 3 cats isn't. :|
Stay safe Miss A. 10km is way too close. Hope the wind is going in the other direction. I'd be out of there if a fire was that close.

Did you know that embers can travel up to 20km, and that a grass fire can travel 100metres in 6 seconds?

Ditto! But we have about 20 within 100km of us. Love the new label catastrophic. It means that the only way they can guarantee your survival is if you leave when the weather gets bad - and there is no sign of a bushfire on the horizon.

Have you read the firesheets about what to do with dogs and cats - keep them indoors and then you just have to bundle them up into the car.

Yesterday our region of Australia had wind gusts of up to 100km/hr, 40C heat (105F) and you could smell the heat in the bush. It was perfect fire tornado weather.

BB The issue we face with bushfires here in Australia (as with most other parts of the world with wildfires) is best demonstrated with the 2009 Victorian Bushfires. The fire started in a forrested area, and it killed a lot of people before the official word could get out. People were saying that within 5 minutes, the fire front was on them. And if you time yourself to see where you can go in five minutes, it isn't far. Heck I can barely get out of the house in 20 minutes and it would take the fire department 20 minutes to get to a call and that's if you lived down the road from them. Often it can take longer, particularly in rural areas.

Plus it's usually not the flames that gets you. It's the radiant heat that will burn human flesh well before it ignites a house.

We live in such an awesome part of the world.... I friggin' hate it.

Ashley: Sorry to hear about your aunt..

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #7947
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
My aunt is dying of cancer.

I accept the fate of my bloodline. If I don't die in an accident, cancer will take me too.
I feel so bad for you, Ashley. (My family is among the "down winders" so I've lost way too many family members to cancer, and am in the process of 'losing' 2, including an aunt. But we still have a lot of survivors, so hang in there). You're in my thoughts.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #7948
Jaye Jang

FB, I would ask to "borrow" some of your heat, but then the roof would probably cave in (or I would drown in the yard once the snow all melted). How about if I send some snow your way instead, since it's been snowing here for like 5 days so far?
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #7949
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
I feel so bad for you, Ashley. (My family is among the "down winders" so I've lost way too many family members to cancer, and am in the process of 'losing' 2, including an aunt. But we still have a lot of survivors, so hang in there). You're in my thoughts.
I really appreciate that sentiment. I tend to take this in a very dispassionate way though. I'm not entirely terrified or heart broke about how things play out here.

I think that it'll be the death of my mother that will hit me the hardest. She may live a long life, well into her 80s like my grandmother. But I am certain that it will be cancer that will take her.

And we don't have a chance in hell in surviving it. My mother doesn't have health insurance or good ones I don't think. She works at a Target. I could be wrong. As for me; unless it's socialized healthcare; I wont ever have insurance. So in the event that I get cancer, it'd be best to just have doctors use euthanasia. Then again, I guess I could just get the treatments and survive and just... NOT pay back the medical debt.

But either way; I don't think being dead really is all that scary. I've had quite a few family members die and I tend to take it fairly well. If anything, it's not being dead that freaks me out, it's more like dying hurting like a somebitch. You know? I'd rather it just be quick. But my aunt is fucked. They got her hooked up to some thing that drains her stomach because it's retaining water and I think... man that has to fucking HURT. She's gonna go; I just hate that it has to be so painful for her.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #7950
AshleyO

Saya - Call centers suck. Hate that you have to go through with that shit. I had done telemarketing for a few years. Christ on sale... you'll come out a saint with that stuff. I ended up losing my patience with it.