Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Mariner

colored contact lenses

Well, haven't been on here in quite some time. So, I would like to get some nonprescription colored contact lenses. I've found some sites that sell them, but I thought I'd see if anyone on here has ever purchased nonprescription colored contact lenses and could suggest a site from which I can order them. Just want to be certain I purchase them from a good site. Also, inexpensive is always good.
Is the curse in a dead man's eye !
Seven days, seven nights, I saw that curse,
And yet I could not die."

-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
Grausamkeit

Inexpensive is not what you want if you are buying things to put in your eyes. Please don't be one of those idiots that blinds themselves trying to be fashionable. It's not worth it. I'm sure it probably doesn't need to be said, but don't buy the $15 contacts they sell in flea markets. If you want contacts: go to an optometrist, get your eye measured and buy from a shop that asks for the diameter and baseline curve of your eye.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Mariner

Ah, well, I would be pretty suspicious of $15 contact lenses. The lenses I've been looking at online are $50, and on the higher end I've seen them sell around $100. I'm not hoping to get dirt cheap contact lenses that would obviously probably blind me. I was just hoping I could find someone that knows from experience of a trustworthy place that sells relatively inexpensive contacts (I assume $50 is a good price, but I don't know anything about contact lenses, hence why I'm asking around about these). I really don't know of any shops at which I could find nonprescription colored contact lenses. Basically I generally have no clue as to what a good price for these lenses would be, or how I should obtain them. Have you purchased colored contact lenses Grausamkeit? And if you have did you buy them online or at an actual store?

Old 07-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
Grausamkeit

I've never bought colored contact lenses, myself. My regular prescription costs enough.

I did see a lot of people getting those 'wild eyes' contacts back in 2000. Those were people who had vision problems, like me. They always ordered them through their optometrist. I don't think that there was nearly as much variety back then as their is now.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:05 AM   #5
WynterNocturne

Some of my friends have bought contact lenses from this site: http://draculaclothing.com/contact-l...r&currency=USD

They didn't go blind, but I wouldn't know how high quality the lenses are looking at the prices. NB, my friends don't need a prescription and they only used the lenses for a couple nights out.

I never bought coloured contacts becasue I have astigmatism, so the regular prescription lenses aren't good for me either.

My sister bough her coloured lenses at an optometrist becasue she needs them with a prescription...

Well, I hope the above link is helpful. ^^
WynterNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
Solumina

You could always pop into an optometrist's office and ask if they know of any reputable companies, a lot of the ones that make funky colored rx contacts also make none rx versions so the doc (or perhaps even the receptionist) should be able to point you in the right direction.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
Mariner

Thank you WynterNocturne and Solumina for the suggestions.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #8
Spooky Spencer

I wear a set of dark gray colored hard contacts. Got them years ago and not sure who still makes them.

I took a while to get used to them, and I can't wear the soft lenses because they stick and I can't get them out (digging a soft lens out of your eyeball is neither fun nor fun to watch). Blinking felt like I was wearing pennies on my eyes, but it got better. Fortunately I don't have to worry about tearing them.
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #9
Crysania

i have blue ones ( my eyes are grey-green with the middle orange) the blue circle is bigger than my own pupil so it is obvious theyre fake, i dont use them for this reason

they are really easy to find around here(montreal), in drugstores, halloween make up/costume stores and optometrists have them ( if you buy them from there you will need to have your eyes examined because some people cant wear them depending on the shape of your eyeball (hate that word lol!)

i paid them 30$ canadian i think
Crysania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:39 AM   #10
Stygok

I want to buy contact lenses because the glasses are making my eyes smaller
Stygok is offline   Reply With Quote