Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 04:58 AM   #1651
edible_eye

happy birthday, goddess.

31 years of blistering hotness. wow.

hope the day treats you well.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:59 AM   #1652
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoteinh
TODAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

I turn 31.... OH MY GOD! when did this happen? :roll:

Not married, no children, no career, what is my purpose on this earth???
:shock:

(you don't have to answer that! )
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday!

Purpose in life? To be aesthetically pleasing, of course! And I'd say you're going above and beyond!

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 03-03-2005, 05:51 AM   #1653
skoteinh

Thank you both!

Don't mind my whining, it's just, you know, that time of year, when you look back and ask yourself: what have I accomplished? and then the birthday depression kicks in....

Do you remember that episode of Friends, when Rachel turns 30? Well, that's what it feels like at the moment... but I'll get over it soon! Especially if you guys say such heartwarming and encouraging things!

Thank you again!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:02 AM   #1654
AlKilyu

Happy Birthday skoteinh!

You have a boyfriend, you still have your looks, you have a lot to rejoice about!

That and e_e will give you birthday spankings.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:01 PM   #1655
drgnlvr

Woohoo! Happy Birthday Skoteinh! You're still a classy lady! :wink:
Old 03-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #1656
AlKilyu

So today, after leaving EPS and Manimal's, I stop at the pharmacy close to them to get a water and a paper. On my way out I glance in the pharmacy counter and I catch this girl looking at me. She was an ex girlfriend of mine. Not a casual relationship, full-on at one point, years ago. I never stopped, I didn't wave, I just raised my eyebrows and said "hi" as I walked out.

Freaky man.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:58 PM   #1657
gingerbreadwench

My teeth are so freaking smooth... it's weird. Braces are finally gone!
Old 03-03-2005, 11:22 PM   #1658
akhira

A very very belated and apologetic Birthday wish. Skoteinh. :oops:

Tstone's way with words rocks like always.

----------

As for me, I'm beginning to think my supervisor is either an alien impalnt or on happy drugs. How was my Day you ask? See Below.

WARNING: Bad Handwriting.

http://www.***********.com/users/akhira/

----------------

In other news today, I went through Flemco's website.
" I :heart: Flemco's sense of humor"
Old 03-03-2005, 11:33 PM   #1659
gingerbreadwench

Does anyone know if you can iron silk?
Old 03-03-2005, 11:58 PM   #1660
AlKilyu

I dunno but

W T F
Old 03-04-2005, 12:31 AM   #1661
drgnlvr

Damn! That's scary on many levels! :shock:
Old 03-04-2005, 01:51 AM   #1662
SweetDarkThea

whoa...my little title changed from babygoth to mopeygoth *laughs*. Yes, I *AM* mopey *tear* ^_^ Just kidding! So how do those little titles work? Anyone care to explain? I'm so curious...
Old 03-04-2005, 02:31 AM   #1663
drgnlvr

Post count, dear! The more you post, the higher your count goes up, and the titles change.

Me? I'm Goth as Fuck, now. But look at when I joined, too.

I talk too much! :lol:
Old 03-04-2005, 02:46 AM   #1664
SuicideJade

no you don't talk too much drgn!
we adore your talk here
Old 03-04-2005, 05:12 AM   #1665
skoteinh

Al, drgnlvr, akhira:

Thank you for your wishes!

And a special thanks to TStone, for his brilliant poem! It made me laugh so hard, I almost choked!

P.S. I did get VERY drunk on tequila and red wine last night...
Old 03-04-2005, 03:42 PM   #1666
ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
I dunno but

W T F
Sadly to say, there are many cases like this, and they happen at intervals far too short.
But in a related theme (from a few days ago): Grammar School Janitor Busted for Selling Crack

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
Old 03-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #1667
ohthefuckwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice
Quote:
I dunno but

W T F
Sadly to say, there are many cases like this, and they happen at intervals far too short.
But in a related theme (from a few days ago): Grammar School Janitor Busted for Selling Crack

stuff like that makes me ill. i read about this yesterday.

ugh.

oh. and, ginger....dunno if you got the answer to your question, but yes....you can iron silk. if it's not wrinkled too badly, you can set the iron on low & lightly run it over the material. if it's pretty wrinkled, you can put the garment on the ironing board, put a towel over it, and put the iron on a medium setting. but it's really better to either hang the garment on your shower curtain rod & run the hot water, shut the bathroom door, and let it get all nice & steamy in there OR throw it in the dryer with a wet washcloth and set it on low for about 20 minutes.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:45 PM   #1668
WolfMoon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDarkThea
I can't figure out how to shrink a picture I have to 500 pixels so I can't put it in the picture post. Is there an easy way?
PM me I'll help you out...

And TStone...ease up on the God bashing already...you are an athiest, we get it.
I don't see it as god-bashing, Al.I'm actually with Tom on that one, though.It's all in good fun.

:wink:

And Skote, you did remember the Uzo(sp?) right?

Hope your b-day was a blast, OPA!

Old 03-04-2005, 10:44 PM   #1669
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDarkThea
I can't figure out how to shrink a picture I have to 500 pixels so I can't put it in the picture post. Is there an easy way?
PM me I'll help you out...

And TStone...ease up on the God bashing already...you are an athiest, we get it.
How do I miss this shit? God bashing? Well, maybe the god of that song bashing, yes. Maybe any God that takes away humanity and replaces it with blind ignorance, yes I bash away at those.

But you don’t get it, haven’t (apparently) got it from the hundreds of posts where I supported Judaism, Christianity, Satanism, Atheism, Hinduism, Buddhism…it’s not the Gods that piss me off, it’s not god’s I bash, but the fuckers who hide behind them in self-righteous stupidity.

I find nothing worthy in a man or woman who prays for deliverance, guidance, and does nothing to deliver or guide themselves.

They piss me off, and they scare me as they should all reasoning, thinking peoples.

I think I once made a post where I said, “I don’t believe in the existence of any one God, but am open to the possibility of all.”

So I believe the word you were looking for was Agnostic, insomuch as one can be, and if that song didn’t offend your moralistic mechanisms as much as it did mine?

I think we might not have as much in common, nor as many stupid things to point and laugh at, as I’d originally thought.

God bashing…bah.

p.s. thanks Wolf, atleast you get it.
I got it too.

Thats why Manimal and I saved you a place next to us.

I'm wracking up the extra credit Hell Points like mad these days.

Plus the deeper you go the more naked, oily, Asian twins they give you.

Least that's what Manimal keeps telling me.

:roll:

Slappy can come too..

Uh.

I mean..

Yeah.

Old 03-05-2005, 12:11 AM   #1670
SuicideJade

Human behaviour by Bjork is stuck in my head >_<

i went in my room to find a good horror movie on and fell asleep watching a documentary on man eating chimps.. they steal babies out of huts and eat them :shock:

i woke up with this song in my head :shock:
Old 03-05-2005, 12:31 AM   #1671
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJade
Human behaviour by Bjork is stuck in my head >_<

i went in my room to find a good horror movie on and fell asleep watching a documentary on man eating chimps.. they steal babies out of huts and eat them :shock:

i woke up with this song in my head :shock:
Man you think thats bad, check THIS out.

Investigators Examine Calif. Chimp Attack

Fri Mar 4,10:36 PM ET U.S. National - AP

HAVILAH, Calif. - Investigators said Friday they are trying to figure out how two chimpanzees that viciously attacked a visitor at an animal sanctuary escaped from their cages.

The chimps chewed off St. James Davis' nose and severely mauled his genitals ( SEVERED HIS TESTICLES ) and limbs Thursday before the son-in-law of the sanctuary's owner shot the animals to death, authorities said.

Davis, 62, and his wife had gone to there to visit another chimpanzee that had lived with them for decades before they were forced to give the animal up. LaDonna Davis, 64, was bit on the hand.

The Davises were at Animal Haven Ranch, in a canyon 30 miles east of Bakersfield, to celebrate the birthday of Moe, a 39-year-old chimpanzee who was taken from their suburban Los Angeles home in 1999 after biting off part of a woman's finger.

The couple had brought Moe a cake and were standing outside his cage when Buddy and Ollie, two of the four chimpanzees in the adjoining cage, attacked St. James Davis, said Steve Martarano, a spokesman for the state Department of Fish and Game. Moe was not involved in the attack.

Dr. Maureen Martin of Kern Medical Center told KGET-TV of Bakersfield that the monkeys chewed most of Davis' face off and that he would require extensive surgery in an attempt to reattach his nose. Chealander told The Bakersfield Californian that the chimps also tore off Davis' testicles and foot.

Davis was taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where he underwent surgery. The hospital would not release any information on his condition.

Primate experts said that chimpanzees, which typically weigh between 120 and 150 pounds and are much stronger than humans, are known to kill chimps from neighboring groups, hunt other primates and even attack humans in the wild.

"This episode highlights some of the dangers of privately owning primates," said Steve Schapiro, who studies chimpanzee behavior at the University of Texas. "When you maintain large, strong animals in captivity, you think you know what they're going to do, but in the end they're unpredictable."

Animal Haven Ranch has held state permits to shelter animals since 1985 and serves as a sanctuary for animals that have been confiscated or lost, Martarano said.

The sanctuary's owners, Virginia and Ralph Brauer, would not speak to reporters, but a family friend provided a statement that read, "All of us here at Animal Haven Ranch are praying for the recovery of St. James Davis and LaDonna Davis."

"This is the only incident in 20 years of operation," the statement said.

The Davises had waged an unsuccessful legal fight to bring Moe back to their West Covina home and visited him regularly at the sanctuary, where he had been living since October.

In 2000, after city prosecutors decided to drop charges against the Davises in Moe's 1999 attack, St. James Davis said Moe was not a threat to the public and attacked only when provoked.

"Animals bite, people bite, Mike Tyson bites. So what?" he said.

http://story.news.**********/news?tmp...mpanzee_attack

HOLY FUCKING HELL BATMAN!!

I will definitely think twice about the poo-flinging jokes..

Old 03-05-2005, 12:51 AM   #1672
SuicideJade

who knew cute little chimps had such an appetite for balls :shock:
Old 03-05-2005, 01:22 AM   #1673
AlKilyu

Wait wait wait wait....

Did Moe get to eat his cake?

And Jade...I have had Army of Me stuck in my head today too...weird!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:49 PM   #1674
gingerbreadwench

One of the many stupid graphic tees that I bought over the weekend while I was in Honolulu:

Old 03-07-2005, 05:16 AM   #1675
edible_eye

good god you've got an amazing set of lungs there, gingerbread. you should wear stupid, graphic tees all the time.