Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-01-2005, 09:15 PM   #1
thetiesonyourcorset

Sexuality

What are your views on the subject?

i'm just very curious as to what people think about it!!

i'm Bisexual, have been since 11 but never actually kissed a girl yet !
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:19 PM   #2
OdinicRite

Thumbs up

I am not one to condemn someone for their sexuality, as for myself, I am straight. I have one question for you though....and I mean no offence by this, not in the least bit, but you say that you are bi but all you have is the attraction, no actual sexual contact as of yet, correct? If this is true then the proper terminology would be bi-curious as you feel the attraction but have not acted on it as of yet and so you are curious of this attraction? I may be wrong or I may be right, but its just a thought......who knows?
OdinicRite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:20 PM   #3
Demonista_Ravenesque

I am an Robosexual Androgynoid....It means I have synthetic robotic emotions, and I am attracted to other robots, Not to mention I look like a hermaphrodite.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:25 PM   #4
The Minister Saint-Fond

Sex is a beautiful union of two people who love each other very much. Or know each other's first names after a conversation that starts out to be about politics and slowly disintegrates into a discussion of local squirrel migrations over a half-dozen long island iced teas.

But!

What makes sex truely beautiful in my eyes is that it brings people closer. When you've been with someone, you know them like no one else. When you see someone racked with pleasure, you see into their very soul (and of course you then show them your's assuming s/he doesn't pass out afterwards).

To me, the image of sex is like two people, huddling together in the darkness of an uncertain world and uncertain existance. In their embrace, they share what is perhaps the only true pleasure that exists in the universe. Two bodies alone are shivering and lonely, but together, darkness cannot touch them. There may be only suffering and oblivion awaiting us in the long term, but for now, we can share a moment that could make it all worth while. It's a very cosmic and compassionate thing, sexuality. It destroys barriers.

And the difference between straight and bi is a six pack. Kiss a girl. I do it all the time and I can tell you it's great.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:28 PM   #5
Demonista_Ravenesque

That was damn beautiful Minister....just so well written.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:29 PM   #6
thetiesonyourcorset

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinicRite
I am not one to condemn someone for their sexuality, as for myself, I am straight. I have one question for you though....and I mean no offence by this, not in the least bit, but you say that you are bi but all you have is the attraction, no actual sexual contact as of yet, correct? If this is true then the proper terminology would be bi-curious as you feel the attraction but have not acted on it as of yet and so you are curious of this attraction? I may be wrong or I may be right, but its just a thought......who knows?
thanks for your comment,i know what you mean...i'm not totally sure but i think i am definately bisexual...i have done stuff with girls before...to be exact i was 11 and we were playing this game called "boyfriends and girlfriends" or "houses" or something like that and well i was normally the guy and was normally on top when we were pretending to have sex (obviously we had clothes on and were humping eachother) i got rather turned on and i almost kissed the girl (my friend at the time) when she told me to pretend to kiss her but my lips almost touched hers and i really wanted to kiss her but i ended up not doing it as i didn't think she'd like it and thought she wouldn't be my friend if i had have! Since then i've fancied more than a few girls...almost kissed two of them but we were shy even though one of those girls had already kissed a girl before!
Old 11-01-2005, 09:31 PM   #7
The Minister Saint-Fond

You mean the deep part or the part about squirrels?

Sorry, my friend presented me with a half gallon of Saphire this weekend and I'm a little behind the curve right now...
Old 11-01-2005, 09:34 PM   #8
nonfatsuperjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minister Saint-Fond
Sex is a beautiful union of two people who love each other very much.

What makes sex truely beautiful in my eyes is that it brings people closer. When you've been with someone, you know them like no one else. When you see someone racked with pleasure, you see into their very soul...

To me, the image of sex is like two people, huddling together in the darkness of an uncertain world and uncertain existance. In their embrace, they share what is perhaps the only true pleasure that exists in the universe. Two bodies alone are shivering and lonely, but together, darkness cannot touch them. There may be only suffering and oblivion awaiting us in the long term, but for now, we can share a moment that could make it all worth while. It's a very cosmic and compassionate thing, sexuality. It destroys barriers.
yeah......

then check this out:

http://www.goregasm.com

you'll love it
nonfatsuperjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:34 PM   #9
thetiesonyourcorset

everyone has great things to say about this and yeah i will definately kiss a girl...when i find a girl to kiss!! even if i've got my boyfriend as he said i was allowed to...he respects me so much to let me do something i've wanted to try for ages!
Old 11-01-2005, 09:44 PM   #10
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I'm pretty sure everyone is bi... Just some are on the straight side of bi, and some on the gay side. And some are right down the middle.
I don't believe that this is in fact true. Believe me, I would love for it to be true, as I've fooled around with my fair share of guys... but to be honest, each time I did it, I was completely and entirely turned off. I mean, I did it out of curiosity to see where my sexual interest lay, but after what I've done with guys, and having absolutely no enjoyment of what occured (I tried multiple times to gauge if it was purely circumstancial, local to the one particular individual, etc.) I can safely say that this theory is bogus.

I'd gladly give more opportunities to be proven wrong, but I don't foresee this occuring in the near future.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:46 PM   #11
The Minister Saint-Fond

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonfatsuperjesus
yeah......

then check this out:

http://www.goregasm.com

you'll love it
Just out of curiosity, what led you to find that link?
Old 11-01-2005, 10:01 PM   #12
nonfatsuperjesus

It's interesting to me.... can't help myself sometimes.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:43 PM   #13
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minister Saint-Fond
Ahh, very well written. But you must also consider the darker side of humanity and nature in general in this. You could look at sex just as easily as simply a carnal desire that just shows the barbarous side of mankind. Sex is the darkest, and most angelic side of humanity all at once. There are so many ways to conceive sex. There is making love, the most beautiful conception that mankind can offer, then there is simply fucking. Fucking like an animal out of lust and desire. This is often seen in times of despair or anguish.

I try to look at sex/love the way you have written though, and have many fond memories and moods that can be thought of as innocent love, or simply longing to be with another that made me feel somewhat worthwhile.

Oh, and to answer the question, I'm straight, and have no problems with anyones sexual preferences.

Alright, off to sleep with me. Goodnight all.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:50 PM   #14
Disfunction

I like to think of sex as those good feelings I get as I curl up against my room mate, only to have them followed up with the same familiar "Wait, I don't have a room mate!" and then the fearful glimpses about the room, the girl lying in her bed beside me, the sparse decorations pink pink and various pop stars, thinking to myself with a brand of bland certainty "My god, I believe I've stumbled into hell."

*sighs*

Old 11-01-2005, 11:01 PM   #15
winged_dreams

I'll never tell.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:12 PM   #16
nonfatsuperjesus

Love doesn't exist. All love is is the desire not to be alone. Therefore sex is a comfort of that feeling, at least for most people. For me, sex is the desire to feel good. Orgasm is a natural high. I love it. So, anonymous is alright for me. For others, having sex with someone they don't know doesn't hold that comfort feeling so, they despise anonymous sex.

I am gay. I always have been. My only question is: how do you know that you are bi if you haven't even kissed another woman yet? At the very most you are merely curious. Go have sex with a woman and come back and tell us that you are bi, you might even decided to go all gay or might decide that you don't care for it. However, you must experience it first.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:23 PM   #17
Disfunction

Quote:
Love doesn't exist. All love is is the desire not to be alone.
We'll start with that one then; how do you explain the willingness to let go of what you love? Surely that's a distinct possibility, and an occurence relatively common enough to debunk this entire philosophy. If love were based purely on the desire to evade seclusion, then giving up on what you love would become contradictory to love itself. Your argument is a tough one to support.

Quote:
Therefore sex is a comfort of that feeling, at least for most people.
Most nullifies your previously made subjective generalization of love's inexistence. Love would truly be contingent on a variety of personal definitions of a connection which most people could easily argue is beyond the grasp of verbal comprehension/conveyence.

Quote:
For me, sex is the desire to feel good. Orgasm is a natural high. I love it. So, anonymous is alright for me. For others, having sex with someone they don't know doesn't hold that comfort feeling so, they despise anonymous sex.
From a personal perspective, I could have sex anonymously; I haven't, but I know I could and I could even obtain the natural high of orgasm, etc. but there is a key portion of content lacking in this match up that I would label as love. There's quite the distinction.

Quote:
I am gay. I always have been. My only question is: how do you know that you are bi if you haven't even kissed another woman yet? At the very most you are merely curious. Go have sex with a woman and come back and tell us that you are bi, you might even decided to go all gay or might decide that you don't care for it. However, you must experience it first.
Agreed.

Overall, your argument is very shaky. For instance, you can only argue from a personal perspective for the inexistence of love; it's impossible to argue from other perspectives, and you could even debate against your view from two points:

Firstly, that as you are only capable of perception through your own ego, that you are incapable of making such sweeping generalizations for the world as a whole.

The second would be that you provided a definition for love; you said "Love doesn't exist. All love is is the desire not to be alone." which is self-contradictory. If love doesn't exist, then the desire to not be alone doesn't exist.

There are also a bunch of sociological, biological, and psychological perspectives to consider beyond that one over-simplification you gave us.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:30 PM   #18
nonfatsuperjesus

Nice, Disfuction. The only perspective I have is merely my own. My experience with love has been distant parents, a sexually abuse older bother, cheating boyfriends, dead pets and addiction. So, sorry if I am a little on the hateful side when it comes to these types of emotions. I hate love because it has never given me anything but heartache and pain. That is my personal perspective on the subject.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:32 PM   #19
Disfunction

Until you have been introduced to all possibilities, it's impossible to approach anything from a truly objective perspective. I wish you luck in the future.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:34 PM   #20
nonfatsuperjesus

Whose perspective do you possess besides your own? Unless of course you can read minds.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:36 PM   #21
Disfunction

Quote:
Whose perspective do you possess besides your own? Unless of course you can read minds.
I've had more than my fair share of discussions with people and their relationships, playing the role of amateur psychologist for a long enough period of time. On top of that, not only did I never claim to have an objective persepctive, I stated that it was impossible until you experienced all possibilities (impossible unto itself). I also have experienced a variety of forms of love firsthand.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:32 AM   #22
NightwishCobain

I am very open to people with different sexualities than me, my friend Sarah is bisexual...I was totally fine with it until I found out she fancied me...luckily she hasn't tried anything yet lol....I am hoping she won't..I love her and all but not in that way
NightwishCobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:52 AM   #23
polished_wolf_claws

I think that Humans are unique this way.
We are animals capable of having sex for enjoyment and not just for popping out babies. That and abstract thought is truely all that seperates us from most other animals (some other Primates are abstract thinkers in theory and dolphins enjoy sex.) and due to those happy lil nerve endings on the end of the penis and Clitoris, we have evolved specifically in that manner of thought.
I mean animals have bisexual behavior, but mainly for dominance reason (IE: Wolves, Lions, some Primates).... but again, those animals dont to it for reasons of enjoyment. We humans though, have developed chemically variating sexual preferences....
HUman kind has developed into a diverse specie with enjoyable sex.... some portions of our specie enjoy recreational sex with their own gender. SOme enjoy recreational sex only with the opposite sex.... some enjoy both.... some don't enjoy it at alll... And some only enjoy procreational sex. no more, no less. Some even enjoy such activities with more than one partner..... I mean the list goes on and on...
I , Myself am Bisexual. I feel comfortable as I am. I am though a monogamous Bisexual who happens to be with a female I intend to spend my life with. I still like seeing pretty boys, and I still don't mind kissing a guy on new years eve.
I could jsut wish everyone was as comfortable with themselves as some of the people found here are. It would make for a much happier, much more relaxed world.

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:40 AM   #24
Nemesis

Im bisexual as well, ive kissed a girl and gone quite far with a girl but i havent 'come out' as being bisexual yet only a few close friends know about it, i dont know why i havent,
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:45 AM   #25
flawed-mentality

im herto if you made you choice whatever it is ive great respect for those who have chosen.if you havent chosen dont worry about it .as a dude i do have one problem ,if the girl your with likes a dude you can do somthing about or compete .but if shes bye and gos for a girl theres nothing you can do and no man can compete with a chick . i kid i kid you people are all right in my book
flawed-mentality is offline   Reply With Quote