Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #26
Solumina

Most cars can just about double their mpg with a few simple conversions, or you could get a vehicle that runs on diesel and make your on biodiesel (which is fairly cheap and easy to make), and just about all standard transmission cars can be converted to be completely electric (the hard part just happens t be finding a lace that can do it), the current batteries can hold a charge for a 30 mile trip (and take about 2 hours to fully recharge), which would work for most people, and the lithium ion batteries which should be on the market in the next year or so are expected to be able to hold a charge that will be able to go 80 miles before being recharged (and should also take about 2 hours to recharge). It kind of bugs me when people bitch about gas prices, there really are plenty of options if you go look for them.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #27
MollyMac

Even if you cannot make those changes to your auto, there are still 1001 things you can do differently to off-set the fuel and/or money. Carpool, walk, combine trips, alter the work week (even changing work hours to minimise rush hour drives). But many are not willing to make such sacrifices of luxury/pleasure/entertainment for a pragmatic reason. Recent Gallup polls show that some belt tightening is going on ... but in the area of food, cleaning, and medicine. Not movies, vacations and the like.

Odd people we are.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #28
Solumina

Quite true
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote