Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:31 PM   #151
akhira

Devdas

Absolute piece of Pretentious crap, set at somewhwere the turn of the century.

For the uninitiated the story is a about a filthy rich guy who loves another filthy rich girl. Only he doesn't get her because she's married off to another guy with all norms of over the top, dripping-with-gold lavish wedding ceremony. Guy wallows in self-pity

Boohoo! The guy gets drunk. Goes to see a dancer and drinks even more. The dancer lady who's stereotypically one-dimensional, just like the other characters, gets concerned. She falls for him head-over-heels on her natch anklets. But nooo, the guy has only eyes for his ex-girl who he can't.

Guy dies from drinking. Married girl screams & dies from hearing the news . Typical :roll:

So much for the plot. As for the lavish set designing, that may have been the only thing that got it to Cannes. D'oh!Only to be butchered by the competition.

Donot waste your money to even rent it as a video.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:01 AM   #152
LegendGirl

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I absolutely loved this movie. Harry and his friends are a little older, and dealing with the changes that puberty brings. There were more scary elements in this film; the Dementors especially sent a chill down my spine.

I never read any of the Harry Potter books, but after seeing this film, I'm about to become a fan.
LegendGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 07:30 AM   #153
edible_eye

van helsing.

i enjoyed this flick. the fight scene at the end was worth the price of admission and more. nothing like two vicious creatures ripping each other apart. beautiful.

- mark
Old 07-06-2004, 03:33 AM   #154
SuicideJade

i just watched ghost ship...
what a glorious waste of my time..

percolate on this.. it does not take much to scare me.. i'm still a little afraid of the dark and i'm 21...
i laughed the whole way through the movie..
I Know What You Did Last Summer scared me...*i know, pathetic*
this movie did not..

this was a typical stereotype horror..
if you're black, you die..
someone will go crazy and die..
the killer is the new guy..
the killer is already dead..
only one person survives..
you kiss/ get naked with hot ghost lady..she turns into rotten nasty corpse..

and they just keep coming..
i reccommend it if you really need a good laugh..
Old 07-07-2004, 04:09 PM   #155
ice

I've seen too many movies to remember recently, but the last three ones I've seen have roxxord my boxxorz (even though I don't wear boxers :roll: )

I saw Metropolis, Pink Floyd: The Dark Side of the Moon (documentary), and The Wall (by the floyd, duh)

I don't know which one to start with...

Metropolis. Classic.
I liked it a lot, but the only problem was A: all the missing/lost scenes, and B: it was so sooo long >_<

PF: TDSOTM
this was incredible, and they showed the guys who said all the weird stuff like "I didn't know I was drunk at the time" and whatnot... that was cool

The Wall
I've seen this... mmm... about ten times.
It's incredible. The music ROX (duh), and the movie is just amazing. I haven't seen it in about a year, but so much has changed since then for me, and ms. boo (inside joke name) left me (not talking about it), so the movie really affected me. Even though I knew all the words, and all the scenes, it was like I was watching it for the first time.
Wow.

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:59 AM   #156
black_fairy

Pay It Forward.

So beautiful... I've cried a lot in the end...

(I'm too weeping.. :oops: )
Old 07-10-2004, 04:55 PM   #157
Flirting_With_Suicide

Location: In the darkest corner,of your darkest thought,is were you will find me and you will find your self..
Reservoir Dogs

Its an ok movie. Boaring a lot of the time it has a slow plot. Plus The point that Quentin Tarantino was the writer and directer of the movie, which means that the order of the sceens are all mixed up.
Flirting_With_Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 06:57 PM   #158
FenrisQueen

I am not at all ashamed to admit that I watched all three lord of the ring movies within 24 hours, thus prompting much popcorn making and the buying of a Legolas poster. :shock: What? ::starts to hum:: I have a major cajones for that sexy, sexy elf. He just looks so innocent. And I wanna corrupt him...in the good whips-n-chains kinda way.. :P :oops: He is a sexy bitch! Mrow.
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:02 PM   #159
ice

I feel like such a flronk, but I saw The Andromeda Strain for the first time... just a few minutes ago.

I really don't know what to say... but it was W I A O W.
I mean, Oh My God.
Any one here read "The Hot Zone"?

That book had me on the edge of the seat...
The Andromeda Strain had me biting my nails.

I don't really know what was up but I was MAJORLY into it.
Too much even...
but W O W.

---umm... phoo.
I l o v e d it.

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:03 PM   #160
edible_eye

hey, ice -
if you haven't read the book, check it out. andromeda strain by michael crichton - heads and tails above the movie. you won't be sorry.

- mark
Old 07-22-2004, 11:36 PM   #161
FireGaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Spiderman 2
*Snip TStone's review*

The last movie I saw was Spiderman 2 as well... Mostly I agree with you, but I got annoyed after what I believed to be the end of the movie. Climax happens, people think the movie is over. That's just how it happens. In Spiderman 2 they just keep throwing scene after scene at you for what felt like (and may have actually been) half an hour. Sometimes it all seemed a bit melodramatic, but I think that was because I couldn't take Aunt May or Peter seriously... Their lines just should have been delivered in a more original way. I have to say I think James Franco did quite a nice job for a role like that, though. And I have quite the schoolgirl crush on Kirsten Dunst
I just wanted to present more of the other side of the arguement, but despite these flaws I still managed to enjoy the movie... :shock:

So, IMO, Spiderman 2 is actually worth seeing, but be prepared to watch a long trailer for Spiderman 3.
FireGaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:23 PM   #162
Cold.Lazarus

I watched spiderman 2 last week , it was good ,..

But my fav one is Gothika
Cold.Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:01 PM   #163
SuicideJade

i last watched Wendigo...

four words: GIANT PLASTIC DEER MAN!!!!

it was really slow until the last half hour, then it picked up and the killer was supposedly this powerful shapeshifting spirit that had different parts (like plant ,animal and human) well they show this thing and it's a GIANT PLASTIC DEER MAN that was as realistic looking as Jaws..

i laughed my ass off...
Old 07-26-2004, 05:42 PM   #164
Loy

Finally got around to seeing "Farenheit"....I liked it, but there wasn't anything too suprising in it. Then again, I actually pay attention to the news.

Also saw a few more-

"Outfoxed"-When other journalists and news groups call Fox a "bastardization of the concept of what news is supposed to be about...nothing more than a cog in the echo chamber that's dumbing down our culture", it might sound a bit overboard. However, when former and current employees say the same thing, it's enough to make you go "hmmmm". From the memos of the day (FOX heads send out memos to all departments telling them HOW to portray the events they "report", and which stories to cut out), to the psychological warfare techniques on everything anti-conservative, to the very fact that viewers that get all their news from FOX have an extremely high chance of not knowing the basic facts of the news they're watching (as shown by surveys done with FOX viewers)....more proof that Rupert Murdoch is the anti-christ. If you shut the film down before the very end (it ends with one of those "call to actions" which always make me cringe. My view is that if you have all the facts in front of you and you don't do shit to change things, then you deserve all the bad shit you're going to get. And if you "protest" just because somebody else tells you, you're just as much of a dumbass as those who don't do shit.), this is a fairly in-depth documentary

"Futurama"-every episode on DVD...who doesn't love Futurama?
Old 07-26-2004, 05:49 PM   #165
sugar_child

hhmmmm, the last movie i saw was 13 ghosts, pretty freaky movie.....not really, but it scared the hell outta my sister's friends :twisted:
sugar_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:39 PM   #166
Loy

Heard they re-released "NP" with an extra scene...means I actually have an excuse to see it again.

Just watched Scorcese's documentary on Italian Neorealism...even though I own most of the films he's talking about, I still love watching Scorcese when he gets all excited about movies....whoa? It's 4 hours long? Didn't even realise it, it went by so fast.

Also watched "Godmonster Of Indian Flats". The film starts off with a country bumkin getting ripped off at Reno, then it leaves this guy behind to show us a town where the townspeople have a problem with their new citizen and his negro-ness. All of a sudden, toxic waste screws up the genes of some of the animals, and we have a gigantic killer sheep going on a rampage (which, strangely enough, looks like a guy in stilts and a long something kind of hobbling around)....god, I love 70's drive-in films.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:50 PM   #167
AlKilyu

Wendigo.

I will never get that hour and a half back, what a horrible horrible piece of crap. What a load. What a corn-filled, steaming pile of Cleavland Steamer fodder.

Shit.

I canceled my digital cable after that. I had gotten it to better my chances of seeing more horror/sci-fi on a regular basis, but that pissed me off. I kept regular cable, but I was not about to pay an extra $30 a month to get pissed like that. I can get pissed for free.

Ever seen a Jackalope? Remember how in the 70's they made little jackalopes that people bought that served no real purpose? I fucking swear they used one of those in a shot. I know some horror movies have slow pacing at the begining to build an atmosphere, but this was just bad.

The family is eating dinner...when...suddenly...they wash the dishes! Now they are tucking the kid into bed...and now...THEY are going to bed! Okay it's nighttime, something's gonna happen, right? WRONG!

One other movie made me want to call the cable company and ask them to credit me for the 1-1/2 hours I lost watching crap, and that was Cut, a shitting Austrailian "Scream". They really copped out in the third reel.

Breathe...

Last movie I saw...well Manimal, EPS and I saw Bourne Supremecy, and that sucked. Apparently there was a guy sitting next to Manimal that kept talking. I told EPS to have him switch seats with me cause I do not let that shit slide; if I pay almost $20 for an evening I better not hear a single voice in the theater. Again money is an issue, and I've been known to demand my money back from the person or persons talking. My ex always pulled me away before they paid, dammit.

Loy: Your politics are your own, but Moore is infamous for distorting the truth and making falsehoods through editing. That Saudi family? (I've not seen it) did NOT get to leave before September 23rd, and only after the FBI quized them hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJade

it was really slow until the last half hour, then it picked up and the killer was supposedly this powerful shapeshifting spirit that had different parts (like plant ,animal and human) well they show this thing and it's a GIANT PLASTIC DEER MAN that was as realistic looking as Jaws..

i laughed my ass off...
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:15 AM   #168
Loy

Alkilyou-Moore doesn't so much distort the truth as much as he leads the audience to view the facts the way he wants them to view them...think of it as a left-wing version of talk radio. This I'm perfectly aware of. As far as the Saudi family is concerned, there was a FOIA'd Dept. Of Customs and Border protection document that lists 162 Saudi nationals (including 24 members of the Bin Laden family, which was the only Saudi family I remember being mentioned in the film, aside from the royal one) that were allowed to leave the US through it's airspace between Sept 11 and Sept 15 from Kennedy, Dulles, and Fort Worth airports (Judicialwatch.org has the list in their archives). This was while US airspace was shut down to all commercial and private flights. No other aircraft (aside from government and military ones) was allowed to leave the ground. The question Moore was trying to bring up was-what was so special about the Saudi's that they were allowed to fly while nobody else was, especially considering that a number of those leaving were actually related to the number one suspect of the attacks? And this was a question that a number of news organizations (Reuters, National Review, CNN, BBC, and the Guardian, just off the top of my head) have been asking for a few years now. As I said, I wasn't as suprised as everybody else in the audience when it was brought up.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:50 AM   #169
black_fairy

At last Kill Bill vol.2 arrived to Spain!!!!! I saw it last Saturday, and I liked it.

B.B. was so cute... And I really love the wedding dress.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:06 PM   #170
NothingNoOne

The Mothman Prophecies

Hrm.. It had an okay feel to it, just bordering on scary, but the focus shifted so much, it was hard to keep me interested in the supposed plot. The ending had little to do with the beginning, and i felt kind of cheated. There was SO much more they could have done with that plot!
NothingNoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:19 PM   #171
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingNoOne
The Mothman Prophecies

Hrm.. It had an okay feel to it, just bordering on scary, but the focus shifted so much, it was hard to keep me interested in the supposed plot. The ending had little to do with the beginning, and i felt kind of cheated. There was SO much more they could have done with that plot!
I went to that because of my grandfather. Long before they gave a name to the 'Mothman' he was at an outdoor wake (?) where they had chickwire around the coffin with a makeshift roof that him and the others were in for the eveninig. Anyway he said they could see two red lights in the distance, and for awhile they thought it was a car's tailights. But it kept nearing ever so slowly, till they realized it was a pair of eyes. At some point it backed away or left, whatever it was. Maybe bullshit, but I remember him telling it to my dad and others as a kid, and the story never changed. So when I heard about the 'Mothman', and how if fit his description, and the fact it was in the general area he was in at the time, I was very interested.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:43 PM   #172
Loy

Now I can't wait for a film about the Chupacabra (other than that Troma film)....and maybe another Bigfoot film? The world doesn't have enough of those....
Old 07-27-2004, 08:54 PM   #173
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loy
Now I can't wait for a film about the Chupacabra (other than that Troma film)....and maybe another Bigfoot film? The world doesn't have enough of those....
I hear the Bigfoot movie was delayed, Star Jones is getting married so they have to postpone production or something.

The carlights underwater scene in Mothman was pretty cool.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:39 PM   #174
edible_eye

(ptf) t -
are you saying wendigo is a guy's chick-flick?
funky, baby.

- mark
Old 07-27-2004, 10:31 PM   #175
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Wendigo.

I will never get that hour and a half back, what a horrible horrible piece of crap. What a load. What a corn-filled, steaming pile of Cleavland Steamer fodder.

Shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJade

i laughed my ass off...
You know, you people really disappoint me. The movie wasn’t about the Wendigo, foggetaboudit, the movie was about the Father and his Son, their lack of relationship and lack of quality time, and how absurdly fucked-up life is when it strips them of any opportunity of that. If you want to look at the Wendigo as a metaphor for life, of some benign thing with chaotic tendencies, then you’d be on the right path. This movie wasn’t meant to be a creature feature, which is why the creature was so underplayed. What it was meant to be, and this is what I took away from it, was a coming of age film, about an innocent boy losing his virginity to reality.

I love this movie, and as a father who doesn’t get near the time with his kids as he’d like, I could really relate.
A boy losing his virginity? Are you refering to his father or A Father? Cause as sick as that is, it would have been a lot more interesting than that movie. With his 60 year old wife, negro please. Sorry TStone, but tht movie failed to even be what you saw it for, which is a pretty smart way of looking at it. While I disagree about this movie and hate the movie in general, I have a new found respect for the way you think.

It's your taste that sickens me!