Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #1776
ghostposts

Gawd, I've had a suck ass year.

Round one: Mom and sister stupid crossed the line once too often. I'm moving out.

Round two: Pain is elevating to the point it was at 3 weeks ago. Meds aren't working.

Round three:
I'm in the process of pulling my novel from the publisher. She started out gung ho, then just stopped working, then went from a small, new but seemingly legitimate publishing house to little more than a vanity press.

Typos she let into my manuscript after I sent in a detailed line crit on the arc,

No report on the sales as per the contract, and then a confusing, wierd report by phone, (sold a handful of copies, but they were the non-royalty kind? What kind is that?)

Hard to get a response from even after e mails, pms, ims and a phone call,

Excuses and more excuses,

Says she never got the line crit yet material only found on that document (and not on the original submission) is included in the printed book,

New web site that screams vanity press, filled with typos, and mentions a $60 dollar cost to the author before submission requirements are even listed. Hello, money flows TO the author.

Promises to fix the typos that are never acted on...

Grr. Well, live and learn. Avoid Ore Mountain Publishing House. I don't care if she slams me or sues me for posting this. I don't want to let other authors in for this kind of nonsense. Most of all, I don't want Evas' Son used to sucker new authors into working with her. Consider it out of print. As soon as it's clear, I'll be subbing it to other publishers.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:04 PM   #1777
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
Quote:
winged_dreams
Ok, I don't have much money to spare. And my sister always seems to call up when she needed money. She said it was her ride money. I asked her why she needed money for that and she said her ride didn't have any gas money. I said that's not my problem (because it's not) and then she said she was done with this family. Wow, bad case of overeacting. Get a reality check.
I know how you feel about mooching relatives always hitting someone up for cash. When my husband had oodles of money, my mother-in-law (his biological mother, he was adopted) would call almost daily just to sucker some cash from him. When she learned that he didn't have anymore cash to give her, the calls slowed down to almost a screeching halt!
She's been promising her son for a year that she would come up and see him, and the last time she called up and told him about her idea, she flat out asked him if he would flip the fucking bill! She wanted a first class coach, with all the goodies, and then told him that any hotel room that she had would have to have a kitchenette, couch, television, microwave, etc. etc. When he said no, she threw a one big lousy fucking fit! Talk a about a bitch!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:37 AM   #1778
Cruel Intentions

I may annoy (or blatantly piss off would be more accurate) a lot of people with this but it is a rant none the less.

God. Yeah, him. After much looking into the Christian Bible, I have concluded that God is a selfish, power crazed, sybarite (someone who delights in excessive luxury).

My argument is as follows:

When Adam and Eve were commanded not to eat from the tree of knowledge, it was to stop them from threatening God's position. When they did God kicked them out. His words were "They are like us". Now, "us" suggests that there is more than one super-being out there and the later comand to Moses and the Israelites "worship no God other than me" shows his power craze.

When mankind later began construction of the tower of Babel, God's supreme authority was threatened so he knocked it down and confused the languages. Thanks, we now have racism as a result of that.

Lucifer. Oh Lucifer, I'm not denying that Lucifer was a bad egg but he threatened God's power and was banished. Does God not preach love and forgiveness? Slight cock-up when you throw your best mate out into hell isn't it? Before anyone argues against that, Lucifer was God's brightest anger so more or less his best mate. Again, he felt thrreatened and went nuts about it. The only thing that would have been better had Lucifer won is that we wouldn't have a hyppocritical God. Lucifer was openly honest about his dark side right from the beginning.

If God lives in heaven then he's certainly got the life of luxury. Not much to argue about that point.

Also, after God flooded the world (at the time of Noah), he promised never to destroy the world again. He just did the next best thing instead and started levelling cities such as Midia and Babylon.

Another of God's great lies: he claims that he loves us all and will readily forgive us all (yes, I have touched on this briefly already). Then we must cleary have misunderstood his intentions about Jezebel. Jezebel was a prostitute, plain and simple. God's exact words were, and I quote "I will strike her children dead." Gee, thanks! Your forgiveness was really felt there.

Anyway, like I said, I find it hard to believe that God is the all-loving, all-forgiving goody-too-shoes he claims to be.

Hence my signature. I would rather rule hell than be a slave in heaven.

"I would rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun..." - Billy Joel
Old 01-27-2006, 06:54 AM   #1779
ghostposts

Thanks, T. Moving's probably the best thing for us, but it will take some time to get it all lined up.

Pain meds need adjusting. Will be working this out soon. The book thing? Check your pms.

Thanks for listening, and the hugs were just right.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:40 AM   #1780
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostposts
Thanks, T. Moving's probably the best thing for us, but it will take some time to get it all lined up.

Pain meds need adjusting. Will be working this out soon. The book thing? Check your pms.

Thanks for listening, and the hugs were just right.
*Squeezy Hugs*

Let me know if I can help..

We Love you Lots..

*smooch*
Old 01-27-2006, 09:41 AM   #1781
WolfMoon

Ghostie I was also hoping that the sales were doing good too. There's always someone out there willing to screw you over for their own benefit. I'm sorry the year's sucked so far for you. It hasn't been a great year for me either, it may get alot worse.

*hugz*
Old 01-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #1782
tenet_2012

I only a small, insignificant rant. I dislike ranting and whinning now because life is too short to be depressed/pissed, but I must.

So, here goes:

After years and years of insomnia and recently being able to sleep (thank you Ambien) I hate being awake.

I know it is a very stupid thing to rant about but, I really do hate being awake. Reality is not as cool as my dream world.

I love to sleep. I wish I was sleeping now.

end.

--Geisha
Old 01-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #1783
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostposts
Gawd, I've had a suck ass year.

Round one: Mom and sister stupid crossed the line once too often. I'm moving out.

Round two: Pain is elevating to the point it was at 3 weeks ago. Meds aren't working.

Round three:
I'm in the process of pulling my novel from the publisher. She started out gung ho, then just stopped working, then went from a small, new but seemingly legitimate publishing house to little more than a vanity press.
ghost -

1.) good luck with the move.

2.) is your doc working with you to seek alternative pain relieving measures?

3.) good luck with the book. positioning yourself for publication is so god damn frustrating.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:20 AM   #1784
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
It hasn't been a great year for me either, it may get alot worse.
a hug for you, too...

http://sscorer.co.uk/Gifs/Hugs.gif
Old 01-27-2006, 11:38 AM   #1785
tenet_2012

Awwww...

I always knew that you had a soft side.

--Geisha
Old 01-27-2006, 11:43 AM   #1786
Mr E Nigma

I have to work longer today than I'm supposed to. I only work 2 days a week. I only get enough to pay for gas, car insurance, and World of Warcraft.

Solution: Get a new job.

Thanks rant post I needed that.

-end semi-rant
Old 01-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #1787
Wise Child

I bought these gorgeous jeans in the sale a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately once I got them home and took a proper look in a mirror with good light, they make me look like I've got a dick. Dagnabbit!!

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Old 01-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #1788
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
I bought these gorgeous jeans in the sale a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately once I got them home and took a proper look in a mirror with good light, they make me look like I've got a dick. Dagnabbit!!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10...rs/roflmao.gif
Man, I REALLY needed that laugh..
Gawdamn, you are friggin Fun-Knee!!!
*wipes tears away*
Where did I put those Adoption papers?

Big Spine Crunching Hugs for Tenet & Wolfie & a 2nd Hug for Ghosty..

We love you guys!!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10...rs/big_hug.gif

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 01-27-2006 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Grammar Nazi
Old 01-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #1789
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10...rs/roflmao.gif
Man, I REALLY need that laugh..
Gawdamn, you are friggin Fun-Knee!!!
*wipes tears away*
Where did I put those Adoption papers?http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10...rs/big_hug.gif
Well dig 'em out. Don't check the "female child" box just yet though - I better to make sure it's just the jeans first...

Old 01-27-2006, 01:26 PM   #1790
Manimal

Quote:
Ghostie I was also hoping that the sales were doing good too. There's always someone out there willing to screw you over for their own benefit. I'm sorry the year's sucked so far for you. It hasn't been a great year for me either, it may get alot worse.

*hugz*
If ever you need a break from it all, you've got friends here in the lovely NorthWest
Old 01-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #1791
Needled

Quote:
It's sure nice to know that I'm not the only one with jeans that seem to create dicks.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #1792
Ben Lahnger

See, this is why I never post about my little problems on websites like this (recent situation with my Mom excepted) ... Whenever I did start thinking about it, I'd read things like what Ghostposts, Wolfmoon and Tenet posted here ... and then I'd feel like I'm crying "Ohhh ... I have a blister!"

What's that line from Casablanca ... "the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans?" ...or something like that. Yep, it's reality check time again.

My thoughts, prayers, hugs and hopeful wishes go out to you all. May a better year start for you RIGHT NOW!

And Wise Child, that is definitely the funniest thing I've read today ... and I spent hours today surfing for the funny!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick

Last edited by Ben Lahnger; 01-27-2006 at 01:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #1793
Wise Child

Hey, you think they got problems? HelLO, chick with a dick! It's not okay. I need a hug.

Old 01-27-2006, 01:49 PM   #1794
Wise Child

And I think the situation with your mum was pretty worth a moan, ben. Not exactly a blister-sized problem. I genuinely wish you all the best with it.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:34 PM   #1795
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
See, this is why I never post about my little problems on websites like this (recent situation with my Mom excepted) ... Whenever I did start thinking about it, I'd read things like what Ghostposts, Wolfmoon and Tenet posted here ... and then I'd feel like I'm crying "Ohhh ... I have a blister!"

What's that line from Casablanca ... "the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans?" ...or something like that. Yep, it's reality check time again.
Please allow me to share something with you, Ben..

I have been told by dear friends before " I hate to whine about my problems, because you are so sick and have so much more going on than I do.."

My response is always the same...

Pain is Relative..

Your strife, is NEVER lessened by the severity of someone else's.

What causes you pain is just as valid as what causes someone else pain. Regardless of the reason. Don't let yourself feel like your concerns are insignificant because they aren't on the same level as someone else.

I myself refuse to measure things like that on a scale. It simply is what it is to the Person feeling it.

No less, no more..

When I read your posts about your Mom, I never thought "Gee, he has no clue what pain is all about.." Not for a moment.

Don't let yourself minimize your pain and personal experiences. It is totally valid all by itself..

*climbs down off soapbox*

*Hugs*

Before I forget..

Wise Child & Needles?

Chics with Dicks are HAWT!!

Old 01-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #1796
Ben Lahnger

Hey, it could be worse!

Just think of all those guys out there that want pants that make them look like they have MORE dick.

Ohhh, I just created a new fashion line! Too bad the name Dickies is already taken.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 01-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #1797
WolfMoon

Quote:
Hey, you think they got problems? HelLO, chick with a dick! It's not okay. I need a hug.
Hey, beh-beh.

Come to Wolfie. Wolfie needz boner!

Old 01-27-2006, 10:01 PM   #1798
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Hey, beh-beh.

Come to Wolfie. Wolfie needz boner!

I could buy a strap-on?

*hopeful look*

Like Manimal said, you have friends in the Northwest if you ever need a break Babe..

Or to be broken..

*more hopeful looks*

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10...e_Stars/46.gif
Old 01-27-2006, 11:34 PM   #1799
Disfunction

My friend's father died quite suddenly the other day after having gone through complications during routine surgery. He'd lapsed into a coma, and then by 4:00 am of that morning, the only brain activity involved was that which was being stimulated by the life support. They pulled the plug and that was that. I still don't really know what to say or do. I feel incredibly awkward. I really hope he's alright, especially since I can't do anything from where I stand at the moment.

Other parts of my life are increasingly awkward. I'm embarassed, ashamed, sad, and plain confused about a great many things sparing all other details. Sleeping's been a priviledge over the past few weeks.

...don't smother your kids."
Old 01-28-2006, 02:12 AM   #1800
ghostposts

Gawd, Dis, I'm so sorry. <hug> <hug>

Just keep coming here, and take your mind off it for a while. Please know we pray for you.

Thanks for all the love!!! Sorry for all we're going through. Thanks for the prayers, Ben, and everyone, for the well wishes. I believe in them, and feel honored that you think of me.

Good luck getting a job, hon. <hug>

No, Ben, you needed to talk, and it's not a small thing. <hug>

It's hard to go without sleep, and you sound like you've suffered from this long enough! <hug>

and now for this gem...

Quote:
Well dig 'em out. Don't check the "female child" box just yet though - I better to make sure it's just the jeans first...
Wise Child, You are mah hero.
Closed Thread