Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:16 PM   #151
Salmiakki

As I said in my introduction, I found the Wallace and Gromit films really, really frightening. The moon robot and Feathers McGraw (the penguin) are some of the scariest characters ever created. I got over the moon robot alright because it only wanted to go skiing, but the penguin is just pure evil...
Salmiakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #152
Nicola

The Howling scared me silly when I was a child.Even now I watch the werewolf transformation scene and get the creeps.

Candyman had me scared to look in a mirror for weeks. It didn't help that my grandma told me about Petey Wheatstraw!

I cannot stand rabbits. I watched some old movie on TV one night,I think it was Lup-something, and I stared at my neighbors rabbit hutch for weeks. I was convinced the quivering and furry wet nosed pets of hell were going to rise up and eat us all.

I find Scooby-Doo(CGI version) to be frightful. Something about that dog unnerves me.

I was horribly afraid of Jason Voorhees. Me and my cousin used to sneak and watch the Friday 13th movies,even though my mother told us not to. My mother sent me and my cousin to a Fresh Air Camp when we were kids and it was up in the Georgia mountains.With a lovely lake nearby and wooden cabins.I am an imaginative person and worked myself into a complete fit of hysteria. My cousin gave new meaning to the term "wet blanket" as I swore that Jason was lurking about!

Hostel

Those freaks scared me silly!
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #153
LegendGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola
I cannot stand rabbits. I watched some old movie on TV one night,I think it was Lup-something, and I stared at my neighbors rabbit hutch for weeks. I was convinced the quivering and furry wet nosed pets of hell were going to rise up and eat us all.
I think you mean "Night of the Lepus". I laughed through most of it; the thought of "killer bunnies" was just too funny.

I was terrified when I watched "Poltergeist" for the first time. It was more creepy than anything else.
LegendGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #154
Encaitare

"Tommy" totally freaked me out when I was a kid... the Acid Queen and Cousin Kevin, especially. Now I love it, but back when I was about nine... scary stuff!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:03 AM   #155
Midnight_Fantasy

A couple of years ago I watched Freddy Vs Jason and it pretty much screwed me up.
Midnight_Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:37 PM   #156
alshio

The Pet Semitary with the zombie dog. Aside from the scene with the stepfather skinning the rabbits, the dog's eyes really freaked me out. This was because just after the movie ended my dog decided to kick our glass sliding door trying to get our attention. The only problem was the light from inside glinted off his eyes just like the zombie dog's.
In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo, Brunelleschi, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
- Orson Wells
alshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:15 PM   #157
BlackDahlia

Poltergeist was pretty damn scary, what with that big skull-like thing standing in front of the door and the corpses oozing out of the unfinished pool. I watched a lot of horror as a kid, so that probably accounts for why scary movies don't really affect me anymore, lol. >.>;
BlackDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #158
L1feOnM4rs

I remember seeing a part of The Empire Strikes Back as a really little kid. It was playing on a TV in a department store in the mall, and I had no idea what it was (or even what Star Wars was.) It was the scene where Luke goes into the cave on Dagobah and has the imaginary confrontation with Darth Vader. I must have been 7, and seeing this scary robot guy get his head chopped off with a blue laser sword scared the crap out of me (not to mention the way his face mask explodes to reveal Luke's cold, dead face.) I still get chills when I watch that part.
L1feOnM4rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:12 AM   #159
Momerath

Pinnochio.

Demonic Whales, pretty much.
Momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:45 AM   #160
Lucretia_my_Reflection

signs you know the one with a aliens on the farm...didn't look outside at night for like a week
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:56 AM   #161
MollyMac

Poltergeist. Hands down. And why? Because when I was five, I was a Doppleganger for Heather O'Rourke. And my ma cut my hair just like hers. Evil little woman. She also collected dolls and clowns.

Then again, Ma raised me on horror films. She said they were simply end products of a wild imagination, a cheap thrill, cheaper than therapy and you don't have to do the dirty work to see someone get theirs.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:13 PM   #162
waxwolf

The evil dog puppet from The Neverending Story scared the bejesus out of me when I was a little kid. A lot of movies scared me when I was a little kid. Dumbo scared the crap out of me, too. Hell, Dumbo still scares the crap out of me, but now it's mostly because of the blatant racism...

The last time I got kind of creeped out from a film was that scene in The Machinist where Christian Bale and the kid go through the Tunnel Of Horrors thing, and they have the dead and hanging man that had (I think) "Guilty" written underneath it. The lack of context and the psychology of it kind of freaked me out a little bit, but then again I did watch it at 3 AM, which never helps the emotional structure...
waxwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:11 PM   #163
erotomaniac87

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshio
The Pet Semitary with the zombie dog. Aside from the scene with the stepfather skinning the rabbits, the dog's eyes really freaked me out. This was because just after the movie ended my dog decided to kick our glass sliding door trying to get our attention. The only problem was the light from inside glinted off his eyes just like the zombie dog's.

I believe you're confusing "Pet Sematary" with "Cujo."

Anyway, back on topic. My dad was a horror movie junkie, so I got to watch a lot of horror flicks while growing up. If I can clearly recall, the one that scared me senselessly was "The Night Flyer," based on Stephen King's short story. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies also used to scare the living hell out of me.
erotomaniac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #164
gulfcoastanthem

Nightmare on Elm Street and IT scared me the most.

My older half brother and half sister were convinced that I needed to see every horror movie ever before the age of ten. (Which probably says a lot about me...) They would rent dozens of movies and we'd stay up all night watching them (by then I was usually too scared to fall asleep, anyway).
gulfcoastanthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #165
DarkGentleman

This might sound a little odd. When I saw Raiders of the lost ark in theaters, I was enjoying it till they opened that damn ark. WHOA CRAP!!!!, seeing those Nazis melt so fast like candles in a microwave cranked on nuke high, that scared the hell outta me. I didn't sleep for 2 days after that and my parents said it wasn't a horror movie, maybe not all of it!
I've watched other horror movies and I would laugh my a** off. It's just the "melting part" from ROTLA just freaked me out. Now I can sit back and laugh at it too.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #166
MollyMac

I just re-watched one that I have not seen in forever, but it always give me the willies---

The Original "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane".. Holy hell.... Make it a Two-fer with "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte" and you have a heebie jeebie night...

that's cooler than my "All Day-Lewis-All-Night-a-thon" or the "Monthy Python-a-thon... a thon" that i used to host.

HeebieJeebieFest... I like it.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #167
Subphonic

Anything with clowns or old ladies (they still freak me out)

The scariest were the clown doll with the big long arms in one of the Poltergiest films and 'Granny Long-arms' in Ghostbusters 2.

Maybe it's actually a long-arm phobia I have?
Subphonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #168
the-broken-harlequin

"House on haunted hill" I was six years old when i watchd that, afterwards I was actually shaking from fear and for six more years I was terrified of the dark and hospitals. The bit where the guy's face has been eaton off is so scary.
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #169
rockitmarty

Hell Raiser scared the crap out of me when I was little. I was so scared of needles because of that movie!
rockitmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #170
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subphonic
Anything with clowns or old ladies (they still freak me out)

The scariest were the clown doll with the big long arms in one of the Poltergiest films and 'Granny Long-arms' in Ghostbusters 2.

Maybe it's actually a long-arm phobia I have?
There's one called "Fear of Clowns". It's horrid. It's just bad.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #171
Subphonic

I won't be rushing out to buy that then!
Subphonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:54 PM   #172
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-broken-harlequin
"House on haunted hill" I was six years old when i watchd that, afterwards I was actually shaking from fear and for six more years I was terrified of the dark and hospitals. The bit where the guy's face has been eaton off is so scary.
This makes me feel old.

(Little Orphan) Annie scared me half to death.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #173
grace.of.homopsychotica

The movie that scared me the most as a child was probably Who Framed Roger Rabbit....I don't even know why, but it was certainly bone chilling at the time. But the tv show I was most afraid of was Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. The sweater, the shoes....the PUPPETS!!!!!
grace.of.homopsychotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:56 AM   #174
Linen

The Hobbit (the cartoon thing)... the music was creepy

It
The Candy Man
Child's Play
Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th

^^yes, I watched these at a friend's house when I was FIVE though my mom wouldn't have let me watch them.

Tales from the Crypt
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #175
prophecyofdoom

"The Gate"........

I'd seen it as a wee tot, but was taken away without seeing how it ended, so I was haunted by it pretty much continually....
Demons coming out of the walls, from under the floorboards...the thought still creeps me out.....
This movie gave me nightmares into my early teens, when I finally saw it again, in it's entirety this time, and I realized how corny it was. Even so......he thinks he's hugging his MOM and she turns into his DEAD DOG.... *shivers in horror*

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote