Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #3026
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Yeah, that sounds like cruelty defined. Oh, who knows what candy you may have to suffer on without next?
I fear that soon I shall have no recourse but to choose between Swedish Fish and those freeze dried turds commonly marketed with the fitting name of Milk Duds.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #3027
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears View Post
We found an apartment we could afford and was very nice. Plus it was pet friendly and had heat and hot water included.

I was excited.

But then AFTER we looked at it, my fiance informed me we can't move out of his mother's house until after we pay her back for the car.

It's a reasonable request to want us to stay.

However, all she does is bitch we are here and wants us out, but now she is making us stay and making us miserable. Plus I am pissed he didn't tell me until AFTER we looked at it and I got my hopes up.
No landlord in his right mind will rent to children.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #3028
Solumina

Oh there are plenty of landlords who will rent to anyone who can pay.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #3029
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Oh there are plenty of landlords who will rent to anyone who can pay.
I didn't say they wouldn't find a landlord. I said no landlord in his right mind rents to children. They may find a landlord who will rent to them, but it is absolutely a mistake for both them and the landlord.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #3030
Solumina

Fair enough
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #3031
vindicatedxjin

I found out that the reason why I've been feeling so shitty and having pains in my left leg is because I was fucking calcium deprived. All I did was start taking calcium pills for the past week and I feel perfectly fine. I didn't know it could cause so much pain!?!

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #3032
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
I fear that soon I shall have no recourse but to choose between Swedish Fish and those freeze dried turds commonly marketed with the fitting name of Milk Duds.
Hey, it could be worse. Some candy company could come out with some similarly niche filling taste concoction given the ill-chosen name "Whoppers." Oops, too late!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:19 AM   #3033
Saya

My dog is having seizures, and the vet says she's too old for anyone to do anything for her. If she doesn't get better soon Mom's thinking about putting her down.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:33 AM   #3034
Amunet

all things aside, that's very sad Saya, I'm sorry. My parents just put our wonderful Golden Retriever down due to age related problems the docs couldn't fix. The whole family is very upset. My thoughts go out to you.
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #3035
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
My dog is having seizures, and the vet says she's too old for anyone to do anything for her. If she doesn't get better soon Mom's thinking about putting her down.
It's a sad and tragic fact that dogs become such trusted, loyal and beloved friends and then live too short an existence. At one point before I got my latest dog I considered getting a parrot instead because they live up to 80 years, but that puts the responsibility for being the adult in the relationship on the pet. Plus, I knew it wouldn't be the same kind of relationship.

So I got a dog, knowing what we all know ... that most likely after years of love and affection with all that bonding and unforgettable memories, he will leave me too soon with all the heartache that entails. I made that choice because I know the love is worth the heartache. But that knowledge won't make the heartache easier to bear when it comes.

You, your dog and your family are in my thoughts.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 02-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #3036
MollyMac

Any animal over seven or so years of age is at a mortality high risk for treatment with seizure meds liek phenobarb. The cure is too often worse than the disease. I am sorry to hear it.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #3037
FlowerGirl

Quote:
Oh my. I'm terribly sorry to hear that...2 years ago, my jack-russell terrier was put down because he had some really bad food poisoning. I felt horrible for months. My dog was the one companion who ever listened to what I had to say... it's really sad, but I miss my dog.
FlowerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #3038
Saya

Thanks guys. Its going to be rough, we've had her for 11 years and she's so small and pathetic enough as it is without seizures, we don't want her suffering but it'll be really hard for all of us to let her go. Mom's not going to put her down before giving all three of us time with her (my sister is taking care of her right now), which I really appreciate. She's really old for a dog (17) so I guess its a good thing that we'll at least be prepared and have an idea of how much time we have. Previously the vet said she was in great shape and would see 20 years.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #3039
DRM

At first I liked him, now I want him to just be my friend.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #3040
Ben Lahnger

Damn, I hate it when that happens. Well, there's no good way to tell him that, so rip the band-aid off fast.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 02-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #3041
FlowerGirl

I was watching the tv show F.R.I.E.N.D.S with my sister today. In the episode, a lame chandler moment got stuck in my head...

Quote:
Chandler: How can I dump this woman on Valentine's Day?
Joey: I don't know. You dumped her on New Year's.
Chandler: Oh man, in my next life I'm coming back as a toilet brush.
Haa. I was actually lame enough to laugh along with my 11 year old sister...
FlowerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #3042
sibyl vane.

I don't know what I want to do with my life anymore.
sibyl vane. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #3043
Apathy's_Child

Sorry, Saya. It's horrible but at least you have a few years to spoil the living fuck out of her.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #3044
Pineapple_Juice

Saya's dog is ill. This makes me sad.

I am developing blackheads. This also makes me sad, but not as sad as the former.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #3045
Solumina

I'm really starting to hate this job, mostly because my team lead is a self serving bitch, so I have been applying at various places. I had an interview today that went really well, the problem is that they only had a part time position available and I really don't like living without health insurance and it is way too expensive for me to afford on part time wages. I would like the job though, attendant at the fine jewelry counter in Macy's could be lots of fun.

The manager did really like me and is seeing if one of the other departments (I think housewares) has a full time position open and I should get a yes or no about that tomorrow.

On the plus side I just started applying for jobs on Monday and I already have some positive feedback so I know I'm at least somewhat attractive to employers.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #3046
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Sorry, Saya. It's horrible but at least you have a few years to spoil the living fuck out of her.
Oh, what I mean was that her in check up before the seizures the vet was optimistic about her living to be twenty. Now we don't know. Thanks though.

Good news is that I called my sister today and she says she's been as good as gold for the last few days, no seizures and she seems to have a lot of energy, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #3047
Ophelia's Snorkel

I'm really sorry about your dog, Saya. My mother's doberman mix had seizures, and it was not too bad to feel frightened (in the beginning) but almost unbearable to feel so helpless to do anything for her. She was a good dog, and anytime I hear a good dog is suffering, I begin to really think karma is a lie. Hope your dog gets all the love she can take.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #3048
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Oh, what I mean was that her in check up before the seizures the vet was optimistic about her living to be twenty. Now we don't know. Thanks though.

Good news is that I called my sister today and she says she's been as good as gold for the last few days, no seizures and she seems to have a lot of energy, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Oh, sorry - I misunderstood. Here's hoping she carries on okay for a while, at least.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #3049
RedDollShoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
I found out that the reason why I've been feeling so shitty and having pains in my left leg is because I was fucking calcium deprived. All I did was start taking calcium pills for the past week and I feel perfectly fine. I didn't know it could cause so much pain!?!
Animal protein and caffeine can leech calcium from your bones. Try drinking soy milk (the vanilla one is especially delicious).
RedDollShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #3050
Geoluhread

There's a guy in my Uni who I don`t know and never spoken to, he`s really hot and I see him everyday ... quiet unusual given such large campus.

I`m afraid that he might be too shy and I might shock him if I just go and talk to him so I`m giving him space to come and talk whenever he`s ready but god damn it it`s taking too long =(

Fuck!!! I`m 100% sure that he`s interested =( fuck shyness :@
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote