Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
RedxVelvet

Exclamation Hair dread fall inspiration ideas?

My hair is dyed cherry red. However, I'm planning on bleaching it platinum blonde, perhaps even putting toner in it to make it pure white, and I have been getting interested in dread falls. I also tease my hair quite a bit, but am honestly getting tired of the constant damage I am doing to my hair.

I want to know if can combine the idea of the dread fall with teased hair. I know that the first step to MAKING a dread fall is first teasing it, so it's probably possible. I just want to if it will work well.

If this question is too vague, please tell me exactly what you want to know to help. Please. I would love some insight on styling synthetic hair without having to tease an entire wig, just having pieces to wrap into my hair just as dread falls are.
RedxVelvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
Grausamkeit

Youtube is your friend.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
Zeestella

Are you saying that you want to combine sealed hair and a tease on one single dread fall? If you are saying so, then no. As a maker of synthetic dreads, it is quite literally impossible without it looking like crap.

My advice is make up a few single ended or double ended dread , install them in the back of the head, at the lower base by your neck and tease the rest of your hair. That's what the closet you are going to get to your desired look, I do believe.

By the way, you knew that teasing your hair would damage it. If you are really concerned with the damage it does then conditioner is your friend. Bleaching it blonde and putting a toner in it certainly will not help with "less damage" either. My advice, lay off the dye. If you cannot live with dye, then go with henna.
Zeestella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
RedxVelvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Youtube is your friend.

I've searched quite a bit on YouTube, and I've learned the basics of making dread falls, but it still doesn't help with what I wish to do. I'm fairly new to dreads, so I don't know if it would even be possible. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeestella View Post
Are you saying that you want to combine sealed hair and a tease on one single dread fall? If you are saying so, then no. As a maker of synthetic dreads, it is quite literally impossible without it looking like crap.

I am probably going to have to make it double ended to get the results I want. I was thinking I could make a couple of double ended dreads and wrap them in hair and tease the outer layer, but I don't know how that would work either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeestella View Post
By the way, you knew that teasing your hair would damage it. If you are really concerned with the damage it does then conditioner is your friend. Bleaching it blonde and putting a toner in it certainly will not help with "less damage" either. My advice, lay off the dye. If you cannot live with dye, then go with henna.

Yeah. It makes me sound a bit hypocritical, but I figure since I'm GOING to bleach it platinum, I could at least cease damaging it too with teasing and create a fake alternative to still get the affect without causing anymore strain on my hair than it can take.

And Conditioner is always a good friend. ^_^
RedxVelvet is offline   Reply With Quote