Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Ryukil

So my suicide attempt failed...I think.

On Wednesday I ingested 7800mg of Tylenol. Pretty much felt fine, besides irregular heartbeat and a little drowsiness.
Thursday (around 24 hours later) I ingested another 7800mg. Got to Saturday, still feeling kind of woozy and shit, and ingested 15,600mg of Tylenol. So now it's almost 24 hours after that, and I still feel pretty fine. I feel a little drowsy and have a slightly irregular heartbeat...
Anyone know what's going on? I never even vomited once. Some people on the Internet seem to think that Tylenol can kill a person very easily, due to liver failure, and some people seem to think it sucks at getting the job done.
Ryukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
Acharis

It could still be doing your liver delayed damage. I would urge you to stop taking the Tylenol and get your ass to a doctor or hospital right now.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
Miss Absynthe

Hi. My name is Aby.

I don't know where you are, so I can't really give you any useful information. But, if you want to talk to someone, please feel to email me - delicate.torture [at] gmail [dot] com

If you are having thoughts about hurting yourself, please go to google and type in "suicide help" - this will bring up a list of contacts in your area.

Alternatively, you could talk to your doctor about it, or call your local hospital and ask for someone to talk with you.

Acharis is right - you really should contact your doctor or go to the hospital after large doses of paracetamol because it will damage your liver and there is a danger of liver toxicity.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
Ryukil

I guess we'll see what happens. It's been 48 hours since the last OD...I feel okay. But I feel like something is happening inside my body. I feel gassy and occasionally feel a tiny bit of pain/discomfort.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
Solumina

Please, please get medical attention. It very well could cause serious damage. If you get help now they could still help but the longer you wait (especially if you take more pills) the less they will be able to do for you and the more likely you are to have long term consequences.

Also please call a suicide hotline and talk to someone, they really can help. I know it is cliche to say this but suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, things can and do get better.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
Ryukil

I'm not going to take anything else.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #7
Acharis

I think I speak for a few people when I say please seek medical attention.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
Catch

Maybe in a few years he'll fall over from liver poisoning. I always try to be optimistic.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #9
Xombie

I have heard that Tylenol could actually take about 2-5 days to effectively cause liver damage. There have been cases where people have overdosed, gotten their stomachs pumped, and died a few days after medical treatment. I would seriously hope that treatment methods have been improved since those cases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol_toxicity
I would pay close attention to the "signs and symptoms" section. This doesn't sound like the most pleasant way to off yourself.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
MissCheyenne

Xombie, you are right, paracetamol overdoses can and DO cause fatal outcomes up to 5 days after ingestion. It causes irreparable liver damage. GET YOUR ASS TO A DOCTOR NOW OP

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #11
Ryukil

It didn't work. I'm still here.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
Catch

I sent a friend request. Maybe that will make you feel better.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #13
TheLonelyGhost

How are you feeling? Any better?
TheLonelyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #14
Ryukil

Shit, this was a month ago? Time flies..when you're having fun!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #15
Catch

Glad to hear you are feeling so much better. ~ mood swings
Old 01-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #16
Lady Ruthven

Hi,

I've just read your latest post and I'm glad you're feeling better. So glad that you're still, well, here. Just so you know, I sympathise with you completely. I'm bipolar and have had several episodes like yours (one where I actually did nearly die, which I don't want to think about).

I know it's hard to admit how you feel, but talking to someone can really help. I told my friend the other day and it felt so good. If you don't have anyone you feel comfortable talking to, you can always write to me. My name is Sylvia, so if you're having problems, tell me.

The world is too beautiful to miss.
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote