Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #551
Solumina

Shannon insisted that she wasn't sick and that it was just allergies but now I have the same symptoms, bitch lied to me : (
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #552
Lolly PopMuzik

Fucking sinuses...
Old 05-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #553
korinna5555

Get a Neti pot. Actually, buy these: http://www.johnmuellerartwork.com/up...les-715504.JPG , cut the tip to fit yr nose, and flush those sinuses!
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #554
Underwater Ophelia

I made a bad mixed drink and wasted a splash of peach schnapps.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #555
Delkaetre

I am in serious danger of buying another fur coat.
There is a second hand one, nearly forty years old, going on offers. It's timberwolf, nine pelt, and not from any farmed animals. I love old furs. Very warm, very beautiful, and better to reuse the things than to bury or burn them as some animal rights groups seem to wish. It's from Northern Canada, originally, where such an item would have been practal rather than purely luxurious.

And I will freely and openly admit- it's beautiful. I like beautiful things, I like wearing and being seen to wear beautiful things. I won't buy new furs, I don't support fur farming. But this thing is beautiful, not farmed, and rather older than me. I want it. I dread to think how much it could end up costing.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #556
Underwater Ophelia

Go for it.
Why was that a rant, haha?
Old 05-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #557
korinna5555

You would have LOVED this old coat of my grandmother's. It was probably a good fifty years old, and it was.. fur seal? This lovely, rich, velvety brown. It was a beautiful coat. Very flapper-esque.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #558
Delkaetre

Ophie- it was a rant because I need to be saving money and have no willpower when faced with things that I want. I really want it, but I also want to have internet and food for the next month. Should have made that clearer.

Oooohh.... damn it, I just want to be swathed in the skins of powerful predators.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #559
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
Ophie- it was a rant because I need to be saving money and have no willpower when faced with things that I want. I really want it, but I also want to have internet and food for the next month. Should have made that clearer.

Oooohh.... damn it, I just want to be swathed in the skins of powerful predators.
I WILL FUCK YOU WITH A GUN IN MY HAND!
Is that what you want, Delk?!
TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME!!!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #560
LaBelleDameSansMerci

My boyfriend's Mom has cancer, and I've no idea what to say for fear of saying the wrong thing, and it makes me feel like a stupid and useless twat.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #561
Solumina

Its pretty hard to say the wrong thing. Back when I was going through everything with my dad there were quite a few times when Jake said things that were a bit upsetting but to be honest it was far better that he say those things than constantly worry about what was okay for him to say. It is really hard to get through the day when everyone around you is walking on eggshells and it really made it hard for me to talk to people about what was going on but I knew that I could always take to Jake.

I hope the best for his mother.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #562
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Thank you, Solumina. I just hate making people feel worse... and I *know* it's usually worse to say nothing, but... I find it difficult.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:38 PM   #563
Saya

Do they know if she's going to be okay?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #564
LaBelleDameSansMerci

She has to start treatment within a month (so on top of that, they had to cancel a fairly costly Mediterranean cruise), but I don't know what kind she has...

Old 05-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #565
Solumina

Well you can never quite tell how these things will go but they wouldn't have recommended canceling the trip if she didn't have a fighting chance.

Also since you mentioned that you want to talk to him but don't really know what to say I really want to encourage you to tell him just that so he knows that your not talking about it isn't because you are avoiding talking about it, this way he knows that if he wants to talk he knows that he can go to you. Sometimes people think that just because they are your best friend or significant other that it goes without saying that you can always talk to them but when you are going through something like this it really turns your world upside down and all of those unspoken things just go right out the window and you need to hear them said.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #566
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I am planning on telling him that next time I talk to him. It's another thing that's been torturing me, is that I'm afraid he'll think I'm avoiding the issue.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #567
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
I am in serious danger of buying another fur coat.
There is a second hand one, nearly forty years old, going on offers. It's timberwolf, nine pelt, and not from any farmed animals. I love old furs. Very warm, very beautiful, and better to reuse the things than to bury or burn them as some animal rights groups seem to wish. It's from Northern Canada, originally, where such an item would have been practal rather than purely luxurious.

And I will freely and openly admit- it's beautiful. I like beautiful things, I like wearing and being seen to wear beautiful things. I won't buy new furs, I don't support fur farming. But this thing is beautiful, not farmed, and rather older than me. I want it. I dread to think how much it could end up costing.
Without wanting to be "that" guy........ isn't wearing it in itself a statement that it's beautiful and desirable, whether it affects current farming or not? I can't help but feel that that's to the detriment of the cause you seem to be generally against.

La BelleDame - you can't really "do" anything. Just be there, let him be cranky, and let him have his way over the little things. And Solumina's right - it's better to say the wrong thing than nothing at all and just sit there making sad eyes and sympathetic head-tilts when he talks about it. People often aren't as fragile as we expect them to be when the shit hits the fan. Good luck to all of you - let us know if it turns out okay.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #568
HellforgedX

Life is hell right now. I hate Arizona.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #569
DRM

Why could she just not count the stupid pre-tests, instead of giving me a day and a half to do 19 of them!?
And I also have science to make up.
If I don't I will flunk, or pass with a "D" which, would still get me grounded...maybe.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #570
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci View Post
My boyfriend's Mom has cancer, and I've no idea what to say for fear of saying the wrong thing, and it makes me feel like a stupid and useless twat.
Don't say anything.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #571
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Ophelia, do you say that in jest? Or to give me bad advice? If neither, why? I ask because internet isn't the best at conveying sarcasm and body language and tone...

Old 05-20-2009, 11:20 PM   #572
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci View Post
Ophelia, do you say that in jest? Or to give me bad advice? If neither, why? I ask because internet isn't the best at conveying sarcasm and body language and tone...
I'm not joking and I don't care enough about you to give you bad advice.
There is nothing you can say to make the situation any better or less terrifying. Someone dealing with this doesn't need words.
Just be there.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #573
Solumina

Have you gone through that Ophie? Being there for someone is all well and good but for most people the words do make quite a difference.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-21-2009, 02:25 AM   #574
Solumina

Gah my sinuses are pissing me off, a good saline rinse seemed to help a bit but I'm still a long way from being clear and pain free
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #575
Black Inferno

La Belledame - I have a friend's mum passed away due to cancer and i understand a bit of your situation..I agree with Ophie though...Sometime you don't need a word but your presence will make a different...
Black Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote