Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-12-2005, 05:53 PM   #26
WolfMoon

That guy's bogartin'!

Come on! Pass the toochie on the left hand side!

8)
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:08 PM   #27
Spazik

It's like something out of a movie. One of my little brothers drives a BMW and goes to Cal Poly, the other plays football and get's straight A's. They're both hardcore preps, and my conservative parents just don't understand how one of their kids turned out to be an eyeliner wearing, drug dealing sexual deviant.
Spazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 06:35 PM   #28
Jane13

I'm like... at least tenth in line to be black sheep of my family. Well, my mom's side anyway. My dad's side just doesn't like us for some reason, and we don't know them... except for my grandmother, who called me a goul with no maternal instinct. My brother's probably the black sheep. He's a succesful scientist that doesn't have any mental disorders besides dyslexia. My family is one big chemical imbalance, but at least we can laugh about it.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:55 PM   #29
ElendarSilvermoon

I'm definitely the black sheep in my family. All of my younger siblings play some sort of sport, but I'm heavily involved in music. Singing, composing, playing instruments. The whole nine yards. I was just never very athletic. I also tend to be the quieter one in the family. I don't ask for much. I just sit at the computer or at my keyboard and work on my music. I've got a job so I don't really need to ask for money there either. As far as things go with my parents. My dad (being a pastor of a church) hates many of the things I wear and alot of the music I listen to. I told him off on the music part, basically told him to either give up preaching and compose music, or respect musicians for their art. As far as the clothing goes, he hasn't confronted me directly about it, but has been badgering my mom about it. My mom, she's a sunday school teacher, but she doesn't really mind the music I listen to or the clothes I wear as long as I'm not out smoking weed and drinking. Though she did have a little annoying moment where she thought faeries and elves were satanic. I was like "Okay, just because this is a new age store doesn't mean it's satanic". My mom is cool about stuff like that though, it's just my dad that I have to worry about, on the odd occasion that he's actually gotten off his ass and done something other than sleep on the couch, flip through the five television channels we get or sticking his nose into various bible texts. Those are my ramblings for today.
ElendarSilvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #30
Kali Maxwell

I was labeled as such during three different events:

#1) I became Wiccan. They thought I was worshipping Satan. The folks got over it.

#2) I became Gothic. They once again thought I was worshipping Satan. The folks got over it.

#3) I became engaged to my boyfriend at age 18 and moved in with him two weeks after doing so. They began to believe my boyfriend was Satan. They still have yet to get over this one, but they're learning to cope.

I don't really give a hell what they say about me or how I live, so it's not like I was "hurt" by their disapproval.
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:41 PM   #31
Sxalene_89

I think that I THINK I'm the black sheep of the family.(Probably doesn't make sense when you read it does it?) I'm pretty much diffrent from everyone else in my family. They're all devout catholics and I'm pretty much an atheist haven't stepped foot in a churcxh for over six years. Although my opinions may differ from my family's from time to time (most of the time) They still accept me for who I am and all my weird and eccentric ways.
Sxalene_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:34 AM   #32
bitter_beauty

im the black sheep because my mother is catholic and im a satanist she doesnt treats me very nicely (if u get my drift) shes a shit under my shoe and i am the new rock that crushes her...sorry about that...anywAY MY DAD IS DEAD AND MY STEPDAD IS A CUNT end of
bitter_beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:23 AM   #33
PerhapsToast

I probably would consider myself more a black sheep than my family would consider me as such. I always get the discrimination in my family as being the "good" one because I always got halfway decent grades in school and have never done drugs and all that sort of things. Yet I feel a very real disconnect from most of my family, and in fact I don't really like most of my family to begin with. Not just parents, but siblings and other relatives too. I've always felt a bit isolated from the rest of the world.
PerhapsToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 07:59 AM   #34
EpItApH

I am the BLACK sheep for I wear BALCK; usually and they expect me to do otherwise.
I am the black sheep for I can go without yelling and screaming my freakin head off, for no fucking reason, with the other members of the family for atleast two freaking minutes.
I am the black sheep for I know how sick it is to abuse your children physically and mentally, and will never do so to myself when/if have kids.
I am the black sheep for many other reasons unexplainable in words, and things i cant even remember right now.
I am the black sheep because I hate them, I've always wanted to stab them while they were asleep, right through the chest; and burn the bodies.
YES, I am the black sheep
EpItApH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:07 AM   #35
gothica1189

I am the "black sheep" of my family, in a way. My father's side, along with my father, have completely disowned me and forgotten (are trying to forget) that I exsist in any way, shape, or form. My mother's side is pretty small but the ones that have not seen me in the past couple of years don't know who I am or what I look like for the fact I think school pictures are completely and utterly pointless. (Sorry to get off topic) I am the only person in my family that makes any sense and the only goth. My mom is cool and so is my stepdad but the rest of my family, I just don't know... *grrs*
gothica1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:52 AM   #36
Satan's Spawn

I try to be the black sheep cus I don't get along with my parents at all... but they're just too damn tolerant. fucking hippies >_<

only the time they thought I supported the KKK, they really got angry. I was just doing a school project ^_^

My Mums sister and her branch of the family I really don't get along with though. Fake-sweet fucks :/ but none of us really do, anyway...
Satan's Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:15 AM   #37
Disfunction

I'm not the black sheep. I did stuff that my parents didn't agree with. I accepted atheism as the most logical religious philosophy (I suppose that's appropriate terminology). However, against that, my parents and I both heavily investigated the Buddhist faith despite all of us having been raised under the Christian way (my father is a Protestant turned agnostic and my mother is a Catholic that imbues her faith with much of the Buddhist philosophies). My father has had his struggles with depression, and even with neglectful parents. I count myself very fortunate for having been born into such a wonderful family, regardless of whether or not they've been over-zealous in their concern for me.

I do have some qualities that some might consider as making me the black sheep of the family, but I personally believe that since my parents have done everything in their power to accept me as who and what I am and what I choose to do (as they realize I have a fairly wondrous capacity for doing what is right) I am no more a black sheep than any of they. Hell, it's not like my sister and I are much different, we're just two people with similar world views on seemingly opposite ends of the social spectrum.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 02:50 PM   #38
(-$|N-)

I am one of the black sheeps in my family for the fact I cant stand beinhg around a bunch of people who are fake to one another. They say stuff behind everyone elses backs, its so stupid. So I stoped going to family events for 3 years, however I went to last years thanks giving and it ended for me when my uncle wanting to fist fight me. He wanted to because his kids could not keep their mouth shut, and when I told them of this they got mad at me and cried to the dad. I told him exactly what I told them and smiled he went to punch me while I moved he hit the chair and fell over, I then laughed and walked up stairs and said good bye while laughing and walked out, right as I was walking out I was told to get back in so I just flipped them all off. They did not like that one bit, it was quite funny watching their response.
(-$|N-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:47 PM   #39
mortalitas incomitatus

don't you actually need a family to be the black sheep of one??

i guess i loose this one??

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:36 PM   #40
fallen_angel_of_resentmen

Location: the bottom of infinity next to the second black hole
Black Sheep? more like white sheep in a black family... not being racist it took me 2 years to realize it....
I live in a foster home of all the places and the people i live with are all moari love hip hop and im white as snow love heavy metal/rock.
My foster mum wont let me go completely goth though i buy things behind her back and dress my way when shes not around.
Anyway my real family me and my brother like the same music so im not completely the black sheep there....
And now that i think of it i'm the only one i know whos gothic at my school in my small town....
fallen_angel_of_resentmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:23 PM   #41
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen_angel_of_resentmen
I live in a foster home of all the places and the people i live with are all moari love hip hop and im white as snow love heavy metal/rock.
Muari...............?

Are you a kiwi by any chance??

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:05 AM   #42
AmethystLea

I guess I could call my self the blacksheep of my family although my eldest neice is what 'normal' society would call strange also, I myself have never been one to follow rules, which wasn't any good when I was in school becaue I attended an all girls catholic school, I like to dress like a boy, to the dislike of my boyfriend but he puts up with me, I'm now only starting to along with my mother as she is finally coming around to my lifestyle. We did have a huge falling out when I was 15, because I started to use drugs, and like most controlling parents they put me in rehab and I'm now clean but only on special ocassions I will smoke a little dope. It can be hard sometimes at family gatherings because none of my sisters have really forgiven me for taking drugs and don't really talk to me much, but shit happens I surpose. No one is perfect, except maybe for my four year old who is totally perfect in every way for she is also an individual and knows what she likes and what she wants and it's not barbie dolls thank the goddess.
AmethystLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 04:34 PM   #43
dramaelf

I suppose so. My older cousins have both gone to top colleges, met political icons, and gotten top paying jobs, and all without a single cavity. And my parents never let me forget it. But I'm a dramatic and eccentric nonconformist, and I'm looking for stardom. I like to try anything different, and though I may not be visually gothic(Mom won't let me), I'm dark and different. Still don't know where I got that from...
dramaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 06:51 AM   #44
Mothling

I suppose I am the black sheep in the sense that I am completely different form the rest of my family, who all seem to share roughyl the same ideals, etc. But it doesnt mean that I am outcasted from them. Infact, I get along with all my family now more than I ever have.
Mothling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:46 PM   #45
Jiggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdose
to start; I am the black sheep of my family not because i am a sheep but because i dont fit in. That being said i dont speak like they do, i dont think like they do, and some times i wonder if i am actualy related to them. so to ease the tension i simply stay far far away from them.

now you try.
That sounds like me..
Jiggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 07:54 AM   #46
EpItApH

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Borak
I have always believed that those who have suffered most in life are the ones that turn out to be the nicest. Some might disagree with me but that's ok. It's a shame to be raised by assholes. Abuse is terrible. I'm sure alot of people can sympathize with me on that one. My step father was the biggest Jerk in the world tell he was guned down in a drug raid. I let the Gods take care of it. What comes around goes around. You don't go through this world unpunished for your crimes.
Yes yes, i agree.. there are exceptions though.
Glad to hear you got your justice..
I wonder what punishment could be severe enough for my so called parents..
EpItApH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 03:47 AM   #47
Midnight_Terror

Hmmm, Blacksheep, I dunno. My parents are bot catholics and we do the whole "yay it's sunday CHURCH" Sort of thing but I'm not into God, there is no god. I'm the only one in my entire family and circle of close family friends (not a large family) that likes Cradle of filth and the such except for a cousin on my Dad's side, don't know about her...never had much to do with her. She moved out of my uncles house at 14 and joined the circus...literally. My parents hate the music I listen to and my Mum cried when I said I didn't believe in God. All my teachers think I'm going through a "phase" but I know better. It's been going on longer then they think. I'm also the only one in my family etc that laughs at death and inhumane slughter. They think I'm sick...but I dont care Ah well...I suppose I am the black sheep...well not as black as my cousin, maybe I am just a differnt sort of black. She's the black that wears clown hats and I'm the balck that wears fishnets.
Midnight_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:42 AM   #48
spookypurple

My family's a right old mixed bunch. They don't understand me (puts hand to brow and sighs - LOL). But I don't understand them either, so that's working out nicely. I have at least one aunt who thinks I'm the spawn of Satan, but then she thinks that about everybody.
And the sheep angle is probably something we won't get into, being Welsh. But the Belgian side likes me. Which is nice. So I guess it just depends on which bit of the flock you ask.
I don't like sheep. B*uggers used to wake me up with all the flipping 'baa-ing' out in the fields at night. But they're not as scary as goats.
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:22 AM   #49
death from above

we were spawned from the metal legs of a chrome spider in a pool of television static and warm vokda. only the faint memories of the cocain rivers of sequins on her gown remain, lurking in the back of our mind like a grinning skull.

we have no family.
death from above is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:21 PM   #50
can't_think_now

I suppose i'm sort of a suppressed black sheep. My home is a dictatorship and unfortunately, i'm not the one in charge. My parents do evrything to control my clothes, my religon, what music i listen to, and what i read. It's quite sad. I think i'll go and make a post in the 'whining' section now...
can't_think_now is offline   Reply With Quote