Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Jaye Jang

Unhappy Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood

This is hard to process. My dad was stationed there, and I've been there to visit. My heart goes out to these people and their families.

http://news.**********/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
vindicatedxjin

D: My friends relative was one of the men shot. My heart goes out to these guy's families.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
carakitty

Oh, fuck,. My sister and her husband were stationed there for quite a while. Dear God, I hope none of G's friends were in that. He's lost too many already =(

Which site hosted the story? stupid asteriks =p

Many prayers to the service members and their families!!!
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
Oh, fuck,. My sister and her husband were stationed there for quite a while. Dear God, I hope none of G's friends were in that. He's lost too many already =(

Which site hosted the story? stupid asteriks =p

Many prayers to the service members and their families!!!
It was Ya***. I was stationed for awhile up at Ft. Sam. I'm feeling the same way.

http://m.www.**********/ See if this works.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #5
Jaye Jang

Sorry for the double-post. Tried to post the site, but it won't post. This was all I could get.

FORT HOOD, Texas – An Army psychiatrist set to be shipped overseas opened fire at the Fort Hood Army post Thursday, authorities said, a rampage that killed 12 people and left 31 wounded in the worst mass shooting ever at a military base in the United States.

The gunman, first said to have been killed, was wounded but alive in a hospital under military guard, said Lt. Gen. Bob Cone at Fort Hood. He was shot four times, and was on a ventilator and unconscious, according to military officials. "I would say his death is not imminent," Cone said.

The man was identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, a 39-year-old from Virginia.

President Barack Obama called the shooting at the Soldier Readiness Center, where soldiers who are about to be deployed or who are returning undergo medical screening, "a horrific outburst of violence." Some rushed to treat their injured colleagues by ripping their uniforms into makeshift bandages to treat their wounds.

"It's difficult enough when we lose these brave Americans in battles overseas," the commander in chief said. "It is horrifying that they should come under fire at an Army base on American soil."

Hasan had transferred to Fort Hood in July from Walter Reed Medical Center, where he received a poor performance evaluation, according to an official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case publicly.

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said generals at Fort Hood told her that Hasan was about to deploy overseas. Retired Col. Terry Lee, who said he had worked with Hasan, told Fox News he was being sent to Afghanistan.

Lee said Hasan had hoped Obama would pull troops out of Afghanistan
Old 11-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #6
carakitty

wow.
Seriously, just wow.
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
We had a lot of Wisconsinites involved including one who got shot, a medical unit from up here was being processed at the time. One guy who was originally going to be there at the time had his appointment rescheduled to another day, lucky guy.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:22 AM   #8
Razeal18

what a douche, what muslim in any mind joins the us army?? seriously? and with two hand guns nstead of a bomb? wtf
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #9
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
And the residual suffering from the Bush administration continues...

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #10
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeal18 View Post
what a douche, what muslim in any mind joins the us army??
One who wants to serve his country...?

Quote:
seriously?
Yes.

Quote:
and with two hand guns nstead of a bomb? wtf
Got to upgrade sometime, eh?

*blatantly ignores if what he quotes was a miserable try of a joke or not*

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
Razeal18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine View Post
Got to upgrade sometime, eh?
i suppose, but if hes gonna upgrade why not something with a little more umph? why not a couple of uzis or something other than that walker texas ranger bullshit?
we may find out scince he didnt die, just shot into a coma
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #12
Sinjob

My stepdad was there not too long ago, that got me by surprise. My heart goes out to those who died today.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #13
Jaye Jang

Don't know if this will work or not, but this is the memorial service.

http://cosmos.bcst.**********/up/pla...26736&src=news

(If this does not post, it's on Yah**).
Old 11-12-2009, 07:57 AM   #14
CptSternn

Over 200,000 innocent men, women, and children have died in Iraq due to this war. A few soldiers die at home and people start pouring their hearts out.

Those feelings people now feel are the same the people of Iraq have felt for almost a decade, thanks to America. Well, except you need to multiply the number of affected by 200,000.

Every time the US military kills innocent civilians, people in Iraq feel just as sad. It's ironic to see so many people feeling so bad for a group of people who were heading out to kill other peoples families.

Had those people been deployed, at least a few would have brought the same level of sadness to someone elses family in another country.

The value of life tends to hinge on whose family you care about for some. That in itself is sad.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #15
Methadrine

Well, you know how the saying goes... The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #16
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
Over 200,000 innocent men, women, and children have died in Iraq due to this war. A few soldiers die at home and people start pouring their hearts out.

Those feelings people now feel are the same the people of Iraq have felt for almost a decade, thanks to America. Well, except you need to multiply the number of affected by 200,000.

Every time the US military kills innocent civilians, people in Iraq feel just as sad. It's ironic to see so many people feeling so bad for a group of people who were heading out to kill other peoples families.

Had those people been deployed, at least a few would have brought the same level of sadness to someone elses family in another country.

The value of life tends to hinge on whose family you care about for some. That in itself is sad.

No offense meant, and none taken I hope, but most of the people who died at Ft. Hood were medical personnel, and some were coming back from Iraq to join their families. One of the peole killed here was a civilian PA (Physician's Assistant). How does killing medical personnel help the Iraqis, pray tell? I was a Medic in the Army. Medics don't kill people. We put them back together. The same Medic who treated the police officer who took the gunman down, also treated the shooter. Why don't you chew on that for awhile. I get a little fed up with being accused of being a 'gun-toting killer' by people like you who are so busy spouting off your opinions, you don't even consider the fact that the Military is like any other organization, it's a business. It's not just all shooters. There are business people and medical personnel in it, as well. (I never shot anyone the entire time I was in the Army, but I put a lot of people back together again. Get your facts straight, then we'll talk turkey. Sorry for venting, but I work in a hospital now as a medical typist, and you'd be amazed at how many people do NOT believe we exist! That's because people think everyone who works in a hospital is either a doctor or a nurse, just like they think everyone who works for the Army is a shooter. Baloney. We have business people, cleaning people, cashiers, food service people, etc. who work at the hospital for which I work, and SO DOES THE MILITARY. It's like a small city. Some of the people who go overseas don't go there to kill people, Cpt. They go there to put things back together. They're doctors, nurses, carpenters, etc. They go to try and help. I will give you the 'benefit of the doubt' since you've never been in the military and obviously never been on a military post, but please stop lumping us all into the same basket! It gets old after awhile).
Old 11-13-2009, 12:04 PM   #17
CptSternn

If you're part of an invading army, it doesn't matter what job yer tasked with, your still part of an invading army.

The 'I'm just a medic' or 'I'm just a carpenter' defence didn't work for all the members of the German army working at Auschwitz, it won't work here either.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #18
Jaye Jang

Quote:
If you're part of an invading army, it doesn't matter what job yer tasked with, your still part of an invading army.

The 'I'm just a medic' or 'I'm just a carpenter' defence didn't work for all the members of the German army working at Auschwitz, it won't work here either.
1) The Americans are not part of an 'invading' army. They are part of a muiltinational peacekeeping force, which includes members of your own country.

2) The second allegation is also incorrect. The people who were tried in Nuremburg were the individuals who perpetuated crimes in Auschwitz, etc., not the people who tried to help.

3) Won't work for whom, people who know why they need a peacekeeping group in Iraq right now, or with you.

4) The 200,000 people you mentioned were not killed by us. They were killed in a war. People die in wars. There were many more people killed before the UN Peacekeeping groups got there and there will be people killed when we leave. Who do you diss then. The US, of course. We're a convenient target because we're trying to help. If we did nothing, we'd get the same treatment. (Ironically the same people who frequent Gnet, who dissed the people who watched a girl be gang-***** and did nothing, are the same people who diss people who step in to help).

5) Why don't you look at what the UN Peacekeeping troupes are trying to do FOR the people over there. Your logic does not wash, because it's 'skewed' to the negative.

6) What does a UN Peacekeeping force have to do with Auschwitz in the first place? Maybe if there had been one at the time, there wouldn't have been an
Auschwitz.

7) If you're so concerned about what is happening in Iraq, why don't you volunteer to go over and help. In short, put your money where your mouth is. It's easy to be an 'armchair' commentator on a war you are not involved in. Get off your brain and go help out if you're capable of doing so.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #19
Equivalence

Quote:
It did not work for the German army working at Auschwitz and other concentration camps.

However, the rest of the German army, which made the majority of the war, were released on that very basis.

So, to draw a modern analogy: While the Coalition forces in Guantanamo Bay might face a trial, the U.S. forces, in general, would not.
Equivalence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #20
Zen Zero

I'm sure I'll get yelled at for this, but . . .
Has anyone wondered at all why he did it? And, does him being Muslim really have anything to do with what he did? Has anyone read his history and what he did for the army?
Zen Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #21
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equivalence View Post
It did not work for the German army working at Auschwitz and other concentration camps.

However, the rest of the German army, which made the majority of the war, were released on that very basis.

So, to draw a modern analogy: While the Coalition forces in Guantanamo Bay might face a trial, the U.S. forces, in general, would not.
You must remember they kept what went on in the camps secret except to those working in the camps, and the camps were run by the SS which was considered a separate, higher up organization compared to the regular German military. The majority of the German military and civilian population had no idea what was going on. The SS did an EXTREMELY good job of hiding what they were doing. They did such a good job that when one high ranking jewish man in one of the invaded countries tried to tell the world what was going on, no one believed him untill after millions were already dead because the rest of the world couldnt believe that such a large scale operation existed without leaving behind more evidence.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 11-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #22
Equivalence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
You must remember they kept what went on in the camps secret except to those working in the camps, and the camps were run by the SS which was considered a separate, higher up organization compared to the regular German military.
I do remember.

'Twas somewhat my point.
Equivalence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:56 AM   #23
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
1) The Americans are not part of an 'invading' army. They are part of a muiltinational peacekeeping force, which includes members of your own country.
So America did not invade Iraq? Is that what your trying to say?

Quote:
2) The second allegation is also incorrect. The people who were tried in Nuremburg were the individuals who perpetuated crimes in Auschwitz, etc., not the people who tried to help.
It's all a matter of perspective. I'm sure those who joined the SS thought they were helping better their country as well.

Quote:
3) Won't work for whom, people who know why they need a peacekeeping group in Iraq right now, or with you.
They wouldn't need any soldiers there if America had not invaded.

Quote:
4) The 200,000 people you mentioned were not killed by us. They were killed in a war. People die in wars. There were many more people killed before the UN Peacekeeping groups got there and there will be people killed when we leave. Who do you diss then. The US, of course. We're a convenient target because we're trying to help. If we did nothing, we'd get the same treatment. (Ironically the same people who frequent Gnet, who dissed the people who watched a girl be gang-***** and did nothing, are the same people who diss people who step in to help).
Really, your going to continue and argue that those people would have died if America did not invade? Thats pretty weak. If you really believe that, then your quite disillusioned.

Quote:
5) Why don't you look at what the UN Peacekeeping troupes are trying to do FOR the people over there. Your logic does not wash, because it's 'skewed' to the negative.
Negative is thinking your way of life is better than someone elses in another country in another culture half a world away, and deciding to drop bombs on them until they decide to let you steal their natural resources.

Quote:
7) If you're so concerned about what is happening in Iraq, why don't you volunteer to go over and help. In short, put your money where your mouth is. It's easy to be an 'armchair' commentator on a war you are not involved in. Get off your brain and go help out if you're capable of doing so.
I prefer not to kill innocent civilians so someone can afford to fill their SUV.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #24
DRM

Oh man.
I used to live there.
:[
How sad for them.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #25
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equivalence View Post
I do remember.

'Twas somewhat my point.
My point is you cant be held responsible for somthing you have no control over, and no knowledge of.