Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:11 AM   #176
Jaye Jang

Obviously the skinheads where you are and where I am are different. The ones in my home state are (or rather were) affiliated with militant white supremacist groups. Fortunately, the main group has since left the state, but the Neo-Nazi wannabes are still extant. We don't see as much outright violence as we did in the past here, but we still get outbreaks periodically of synagogues, etc. being spray painted with swastikas or set fire to, and we have seen hate crimes perpetrated against minority groups. Now they usually sneak in at night and take off before they can be caught, however. If your friends are skinheads and they are nonviolent, you are fortunate.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #177
chelseagirl

Well, I wouldn't say they are NON-violent, but no more violent than any of the punks or hardcore kids.

If these people you are talking about "take off before they can be caught", how do you know they are even skins? A lot of people just see some dudes with shaved heads,and call them "skinheads".

I've hung out with many, many skinheads in the past 15 years...heck, I've even had my picture published in a picture book about skinheads, but I've never hung out with any where were racist. Over the years, I'd say I've probably known more black and Hispanic skins than white. Now, I'm not saying racist/nazi skins don't exist, because they absolutely do (which is the basis for the "crucified skin" tattoo), but at least in all of the areas I've ever lived in racist skins have not been plentiful at all. I guess I am fortunate.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #178
Jaye Jang

Dear CG,

Sorry for the offense. I did not know there were 'skins' who weren't violent. Unfortunately, here they are. (That is because of a certain group of white supremacists that moved into, and in on, a small town here over 20 years ago and basically took over. Unfortunately, we did not want them here, but the town did not have the resources to make them leave. Fortunately, they have since left. Unfortunately, they still have sympathizers here who still hate and harrass Blacks, Jews, Christians, etc. -- and also Goths and Punks. I know. I have had a few run-ins with them myself and so have some of my friends, who are Punks and Rivetheads). We know the people who paint the swastikas are sympathizers for the same reason we know about the shooters at Columbine being sympathizers. They draw a very distinctive symbol to 'mark' their work, which just happens to be the symbol if this particular white supremacist group. (Didn't raise any eyebrows in their home state, unfortunately, but it did here, which is why they made more of a big deal about it.)

The symbol also raised a few hackles, which is why the folks in that little town finally drove that lot out. They built quite a compound up there, covered it with razorwire, armed themselves to the teeth, and kept armed guards outside it 24/7. Made life very difficult for the folks in town, and basically gave our state a really bad name because they were very vocal and vociferous in their hatemongering philosophy. Unfortunately, they also negatively influenced a lot of the 'skins' here, and that is probably where the stigma comes from. (Believe me, I can relate. That is why I am reluctant to tell people where I am from, as most people outside of my home state still think we are all white supremacists and hatemongers here, since they were here for over 20 years. Unfortunately, few people believe that they are no longer here, so the stigma is still there and it smarts).

The reason I thought these were the kind of people who attacked Sophie and Rob is because this group was very angry when they were forced out of their compound and very loudly threatened retaliation -- and we don't know where they eventually wound up. What concerned me when I first learned of the attack on Rob and Sophie was that when the people in that little town ran this white supremacist group off, they tore down the compound and made a point of stating publicly that nothing like that would ever be allowed to be built there again. They then put a park there with a playground -- and a skate park. Sophie and Rob were attacked in a skate park. That is why the first thing that went through my head when I saw the pictures of sweet little Sophie is how much she looks like my favorite person on earth (my daughter), and the second thing was OMG, that's where those jerks wound up. Needless to say, I was horrified.

If I offended you, you have my apologies. I apparently put 2 and 2 together, and came up with 14.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:53 PM   #179
chelseagirl

Jaye Jang - hey, no worries hun (or dude)! You didn't offend me. It's just that I know a lot of people think all skinheads are racist pricks, when in reality most of them are not like that at all. I know the racist skins sort of have a "beef" against goths and punks and I have heard stories of the nazi skins (non-racist skins don't like to call racist skins skinheads, they call them "boneheads" instead) beating up kids just for being punks or goths, but true traditional skins aren't like that.

I just wanted to give you a different perspective, and let you know that the skinheads portrayed in the media really isn't the whole story. It's kind of like stereotyping all "goths" as depressed, suicidal cutters, you know?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:52 PM   #180
ZombiesNTea

I just looked it up and found out the girl died.

Thats fucking horrible. It seriously disturbs me just thinking of it. Things like this make it hard to have any hope in humanity.
ZombiesNTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:34 PM   #181
Scotty_Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
now thats a sterling example of why i allways carry my knife with me whenever i go out.
My girlfriend does the exact same thing, and that's why we usualy go out together, as a strength in numbers. I've already been jumped on and beaten by two ignorant asses, egged, and recieved abuse. Guess that's just a testament to how closed minded people can be, and how retarded they can get with alcohol.
Scotty_Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #182
Edward Strange

Maybe, in the interests of future crime prevention, why not take a mini-digital camera (or use your phone) to take a photograph of your (or indeed anyone else's) assailants that you can later show the police?

Breathing heard just below the floorboards.
The sense of something terrible rousing itself from
from its torpor.
Edward Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #183
DeathToLems

how quickly are you going to get your phone out and take a picture of the criminal all the while with him probably seeing you do that and theres you hoping that he dont turn on you and nick your phone and beat you up.
no?
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #184
Edward Strange

I'm that quick. *Sly wink*

You could always use it as they flee in blind terror perhaps?
I recall one person telling me how a friend of theirs used it to capture the registration number of a fleeing getaway car.

Of course, you could always use it in the prevention of crime that doesn't involve you getting beaten up.
Like, say, someone *else* getting beaten up?

Breathing heard just below the floorboards.
The sense of something terrible rousing itself from
from its torpor.
Edward Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #185
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Strange
I'm that quick. *Sly wink*

You could always use it as they flee in blind terror perhaps?
I recall one person telling me how a friend of theirs used it to capture the registration number of a fleeing getaway car.

Of course, you could always use it in the prevention of crime that doesn't involve you getting beaten up.
Like, say, someone *else* getting beaten up?
But like I said. They could turn on you and beat you up (after they are done with the other victim)
Anyways I found a relevent t-shirt
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/prod...?productid=546
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote