Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 01:50 PM   #76
MrMaelstrom

My apologies for letting my feelings interfere with my reasoning. My posts can be perceived as offending and I apologize for that.

It was a very bad day. Again, sorry.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:57 PM   #77
Empty_Purple_Stars

I was instructed to change the title of this thread..

*Thread Title Edited by Moderator*
Old 10-13-2005, 01:59 PM   #78
sartain

first off, disfunction: respect. I doff my hat, or would if I was wearing one...<goes to find hat. puts it on. doffs it>. nation states are entirely fictional (drawing a line on a map and whacking a flag in the ground does not a coherent entity make. trust me. the uk tried it and now look where we are, devolved to buggery. oh that's an idiom by the way, I'm not talking literal sodomy).

and also, woah. hated the thread title, by the way. am perverse so looked on it anyway. Quick question - where did the french=cowardly thing actually come from? please tell me it's not the second world war. cos if you're calling all the countries that fell under the nazi yoke you're gonna be here a while (Czechoslovakia, poland, allsace, italy was in cahoots, etcetc and that's just europe). It's not that cowardly to kill your king and form a terror-crazed republic. that takes some serious attitude. and just look at napoleon.

It makes me really uncomfortable when people are really proud of being from somewhere. Be proud of your country's acheivements, sure, so I'm proud that the UK has the NHS. I know it's not perfect but the concept is FANTASTIC. free health care for all? yay! but I'm not proud of colonialism, our football hooligans, our tabloid newspapers or the fact that we have been known to deep fry mars bars. Perspective and not just sticking up for something cos "gee we did it it must be right" is important.

and generalisations about people who live in a particular area are a load of crap. it just leads to the mentality of "you have an indie haircut, i'll beet you up" on a massive scale.

and who needs that. besides, i like my hair.

there. all sorted?

hardly. but
Old 10-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #79
AlKilyu

Wow. I make a blanketed statement, in a joking manner, an old joke at that, on a site where anti-American views are not only accepted, they are encouraged...all that and one joke about cheese eating surrender monkeys and all of this. Mael even got a pot shot in how wonderful!

I am dead-serious when I say that sense of humor or not, if a lot of you people know the term "double-standard" you either choose to ignore it or believe it does not apply to you.

I am glad the topic header got changed, from here on out if people cry it won't be any sweat off my balls.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:01 PM   #80
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
My apologies for letting my feelings interfere with my reasoning. My posts can be perceived as offending and I apologize for that.

And don't apologize for speaking your feelings, everyone else is free to do the same, why shouldn't you be afforded the same courtesy..

It's really no big deal..

Now Hit This and Hush...

Old 10-13-2005, 02:03 PM   #81
Empty_Purple_Stars

GAR @ Simulposts !!
Old 10-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #82
sartain

god i'm too slow at typing - edible eye, why does your president deserve respect for being a president? why? because he's rich enough to run an election campaign against a weak candidate? where's the sense?

edible eye: "america has a duty to our sense of morality,"

eh?? what?? what bloody sense of morality? what the hell is morality? Bloody selective and should be barred from politics. everyone makes their own and it's way subjective. ETHICS if you will (calm and considered and written on and discussed by philosophers and not preachers, see UN human rights etc) but morality is imposing your own belief structure on someone else. definitely a no go. personal, fine, international policy...yikes.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:21 PM   #83
AlKilyu

There IS a Politics Thread that this can gladly be moved to. That way, when the cerimonial kicking of Uncle Sam's balls continues, it will be under the guise of politics, and not bashing, as was everyone's original problem with the title of this thread.

"Bashing ze French? Zis is wrong! Shame on you! Now let me tell you everything wrong with you damn Americans..."
Old 10-13-2005, 02:24 PM   #84
sartain

i'm sorry- at what point have i bashed americans? I have disagreed with the views of 2 of you - have you taken it upon yourselves to represent everyone else on your continent?
Old 10-13-2005, 02:32 PM   #85
MrMaelstrom

Of course I got contradictions. I apologized, after all. How contradictory is that?

Double-standards? I always said I hate the US government, and I hope I won't "always will".

And time and time again I repeated I didn't confuse a country's government with the people who inhabit it, although I do consider it somewhat responsible insofar as the inhabitants feel represented by the actions of the people they vote for (I leave this bit up to you to figure out), and even then, you cannot generalize.

Once in a while, someone takes a pot shot at Bush (the man, the statesman, the village idiot turned puppet). But the pot shots at France and french showed up in a quite a few places other than the My/Your Country Sucks thread. These things are not the same by a long shot. Chirac? Fuck him and Bush. France and the US? I try to show a little respect.

Fuck it.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:57 PM   #86
AlKilyu

...and the potshots will continue in many other places besides gnet. Sucks I'm sure, but they are in good company with all the other jokes made about and by the U.S.

Cliche? Well yeah, but holy shit this thread alone has drawn out a shitload of those ASSIDE from the 'France Sucks' jokes. I make an anti-France cliched joke, it brings out all the other anti-U.S. cliched real opnions who have typed enough of their opinion on the subject to where their fingers should be bloody nubs at this point.

Mael, the potshot you made wasn't at Bush, who deflects those off of his magnificant chest like peas thrown at Superman, you compared us (edible myself and the Great Binkie) to Sternn.

Breathe, the lot of you, relax.
Plus, I just called them 'cheese eating surrender monkeys', you wanna hate someone, here I am. Actually I'll be over there, but none the less...
Old 10-13-2005, 02:59 PM   #87
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk Bond Trader
btw - forgive some minor grammar and spelling errors in my above post. I typed it fast during my lunch hour. It's no excuse though, I guess. Just know that bad grammar, especially when it's my own, upsets me more than it upsets you.
oh, i'm no grammar nazi. it irks me when someone writes in net-speak or doesn't pay attention to the way they write and i have to work at reading their words, but other than that - doesn't bother me any.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:06 PM   #88
edible_eye

Quote:

it seems i missed something...
Old 10-13-2005, 03:08 PM   #89
AlKilyu

MY apologies for this fucking thread! I was outraged when I wrote it, over animal abuse. Had it been in New York, "Those Fucking New Yorkers", etc. It's the animals I worry about, people can handle themselves.

SO, with that being said, and this comes from the hothead of the board, everyone relax. Smoke Mael's weed or if you are underage have a glass of milk but relax.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:22 PM   #90
Empty_Purple_Stars

I know I need some:

Beats the Salt Lick in my Dining Room all to Hell..
Old 10-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #91
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
...and the potshots will continue in many other places besides gnet. ...
But this is the place I frequent. I don't care to pre-empt other sites (subtle). I care for this one.

Quote:
...Cliche? Well yeah, but holy shit this thread alone has drawn out a shitload of those ASSIDE from the 'France Sucks' jokes. I make an anti-France cliched joke, it brings out all the other anti-U.S. cliched real opnions who have typed enough of their opinion on the subject to where their fingers should be bloody nubs at this point....
And as long as they're opinions that aren't based on utter generalizations or contain a glimpse of reason should be acceptable, no matter how opposing they may be to our thoughts. Maybe its their rants that are so long (I seldom read them) that I don't notice when they fuck up.

Quote:
...Mael, the potshot you made wasn't at Bush, who deflects those off of his magnificant chest like peas thrown at Superman, you compared us (edible myself and the Great Binkie) to Sternn. ...
I know... Sad, isn't it?

Quote:
...Breathe, the lot of you, relax.
Plus, I just called them 'cheese eating surrender monkeys', you wanna hate someone, here I am. Actually I'll be over there, but none the less...
Not hating you proved to be very difficult at first and an exercise which I believe made me a better person later, as time went by and I made my best to comprehend your point of view and why you might perceive some things the way you do, I grew to like you as a person and not as a great deliverer of witty comebacks no matter how wrong I thought you to be.

But not always, and your last phrase is a perfect example. You're not that thick, I know that, so why? Is it irony and I just don't get it? Are you sort of saying "you wanna step outside, I'm game"?

I'll just leave for a while. I'm goth. You get in my way, I'll walk around you. Later.

Thanks for the advice, I'll go cool my head.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:29 PM   #92
MrMaelstrom

I type too slow. Sorry Al, Binks E_E and Wolf for offending you.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:30 PM   #93
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartain
god i'm too slow at typing - edible eye, why does your president deserve respect for being a president? why? because he's rich enough to run an election campaign against a weak candidate? where's the sense?
because he's the president. that's why. i'm not talking about reverence, i'm talking respect. respect takes many forms - respect for your parents, respect for a loaded gun, respect for the dead, respect for another's rights, respect for an elder, respect for your boss, etc. each of these generates a different degree of respect, but respect it is nonetheless.

i respect the president because he is the leader of my country. i do not revere him. perspective, sartain.

Quote:
edible eye: "america has a duty to our sense of morality,"
eh?? what?? what bloody sense of morality? what the hell is morality?
Bloody selective and should be barred from politics. everyone makes their own and it's way subjective.
america always wants to help when there's a "need". that should be barred from our political structure also but it won't be.

Quote:
ETHICS if you will (calm and considered and written on and discussed by philosophers and not preachers, see UN human rights etc)...
BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! un human rights stuff like this - http://abcnews.go.com/2020/UnitedNat...=489306&page=1 ?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:31 PM   #94
edible_eye

Quote:
I type too slow. Sorry Al, Binks E_E and Wolf for offending you.
you didn't offend me. i don't even know what happened.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:37 PM   #95
Disfunction

Need booze. One month and one week. Booze is calling. Ohhhh it is calling me.

No milk.

...don't smother your kids."
Old 10-13-2005, 03:42 PM   #96
MrMaelstrom

Disgusting, but did you know that if its the presence of NATO forces in the balkan region that ignited the ongoing cycle of women being sold as slaves for brothels from Albania through Moldavia, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia, Latvia, Estonia, Check Republic, etc?

For soldiers who are there to protect locals and refugees. UN and NATO.

Both of these organizations include my country (Just for the record).

But I believe one of them can still be of some use after a good overall. And it ain't NATO.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:02 PM   #97
Empty_Purple_Stars

.[/quote]

Check your E-Mael, Mael..

I sent ya something that might cheer you up..

Err or depress you further...

Either way, it's a win-win situation!!

Wait..

Err..

Is this thing on?
Old 10-13-2005, 06:02 PM   #98
AlKilyu

Quote:
Are you sort of saying "you wanna step outside, I'm game"?
No, I was saying (and not to you "Watch how to not take yourself so seriously!"

I understand in my past that would have looked that way, but I am sorta different now. The love of a good...I mean great woman has eased my mind and spleen.

And besides, with Binkie here, out side will always be representin'...

BTW click HERE if you guys wanna see Paris Hilton screwing.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:51 PM   #99
Ilris

Come on!

I know I'm supposed to intruduce myself first in the introductions area first before I post, but I had to say something. I do graphics design for a living myself, and I know that image is just bullshit. There isn't any dimpling around the entry wound, tearing, or bleeding. Nor is the front of the lip pressed forward to make room for curve in the hook. You don't drag a dog by a hook in it's face, and leave no damage! It's a simple trick. You just put the image of a hook right over the dogs face, and erase some bits. They didn't even bother to add the shadow in that would be there with such a strong light source as the dog was photographed in.

It's ridiculous to even think you could use a dog as bait by putting a fish hook through his muzzle like that. It would rip right out of the dog, and you'd lose perfectly good bait!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:01 PM   #100
edible_eye

and first prize goes to...

ilris! congratulations.