Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #7851
ape descendant

Fuck, not having an income sucks so much ass, especially over the holidays. *hugs*

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #7852
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Fuck, not having an income sucks so much ass, especially over the holidays. *hugs*
Indeed. I hope you realise that I am keeping track of all the hugs you offer and when I eventually make it over to your hemisphere, I'll be all "Hi Ape, right, you owe me 152 hugs and I'm here to collect."

Mind you I will be 80 years old and one hug will probably break every bone in my body, unless I become a vampire, and I'd still like to think anything is possible.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #7853
BourbonBoy

That's really shitty Fruitbat, hope you guys can figure something out for that.

My rant:

I cannot wait to relocate after graduation because seriously, the people in the city I live in fucking suck! Willfully ignorant and judgmental religious morons, the lot of them. Two examples from today alone.

While riding the express bus to downtown today a woman asked: "Why would you read a book called 'Not in Front of the Children' for?" When I replied that censorship in the media was important to keep up with given the Patriot Act, the Janet Jackson incident and a slew of other situations in the media she looked at me as if I had two heads.

And this followed the discussion after I stepped off the bus downtown today when I was pricing gifts for Christmas.

The multiple confused looks on people's faces when they want me to agree with some religious tripe or accept their propaganda flyers and I politely tell them no, not interested. The fun part happens when they still try to put it in my hands and even after I try to hand it back they think my polite refusal still means yes, I'll tear it up and say to Wannabe Missionary "Here you go! I said I didn't want it. Get the picture now?"

Newsflash assholes: If someone's reading a book on a bus or walking the street, in both cases minding their own business, leave them the fuck alone!
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #7854
Saya

He's been gone for less than a day and already I feel lost without Versus.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #7855
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
He's been gone for less than a day and already I feel lost without Versus.
What happened to you? XD
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #7856
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
What happened to you? XD
I know, right? I'm usually fine by myself. UNTIL I MET YOU.

Maybe that was the problem, it feels like you were here so long and now I don't remember how I passed the time without you. And its hard to work on my paper without someone picking at me.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #7857
MissCheyenne

Ahem....... ' Til noooooooooooow, I alllllways got by on my owwwwwn, I never really cared until I metttttt you.............'

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:11 AM   #7858
pothead

no one ever talks to me anymore on here
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #7859
ape descendant

You guys are so cute and sweet. I believe in love again.

FB hugs are good

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:35 AM   #7860
Jaye Jang

Kinda bummed. Got a shipload of stats to type and cannot do zippetygoop until they get the word processing software back up and running...which means I'm going to have to work an extra 3-4 hours today post shift playing catch up. (I'm going to be one tired puppy). Had to spend my lunch break doing my time card. Yay. Now, I'm going back to work -- that is, if I can. Maybe with luck IT will have it back up and running by now.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #7861
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
no one ever talks to me anymore on here
It's okay pothead. No one talks to me either, but that doesn't stop me from talking to myself.

So I just heard the latest news that by the end of the century global warming will be up 4 to 6 degrees - doesn't really matter if it's F or C, because the icecaps will melt and we will be screwed. I know it's worse case numbers but I knew we were screwed a few years back when I saw the figures coming out and the fact that no one was really trying to do anything about it.

So i've decided to do more in my life to reduce C02 emissions. I'm planting more trees, taking fewer trips in the car, staying at home, making my own clothes, consuming less AND heading back into my line of work to go and beat a few more people around the heads with my cricket bat, and a lovely smile on my face.

Plus the money is needed, but I won't have any time for writing, because I have to run a house, care for Babybat and Mr Bat (who can't do much around the place) and by the time I've met everyone else's expectations, there's going to be little time for my own.

I think there's enough anger in this world without me contributing more to it, so I'll just get on with things the best I can, and no I'm not being a doormat, I'm just refusing to get angry about shit I can't change, and seeing it as another challenge in life - because my energy is better spent in positive pursuits than in hurting myself, which is all the anger will do.

BB I am sorry to hear of people pushing their beliefs onto you. That sucks!

As for my situation, I am reminded of a worse time in my life. When I was working part time, trying to study, having to support my friend and my boyfriend (neither of whom were in any state to work - one due to mental stress the other with physical problems) and my wage barely covered the rent (and I had their bills to pay). I did that for three months, before I threw in the studies, and got myself a full time job with a previous employer who was desperate to have me back.

It's funny however, how people forget what you do for them, and only see what they want to see. Both of these people seemed to forget this time in our lives. Little fuckers *wink*

Old 12-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #7862
BourbonBoy

Thanks Fruitbat, what can you do? It's strange you mention what you do for others and how forgetful people can be as I have a friend who's the little sister I never had act like that. Imagine my surprise when she showed up at my place and paid me back $110 I loaned her the other day, since she's normally forgetful about stuff like that.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #7863
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
Thanks Fruitbat, what can you do? It's strange you mention what you do for others and how forgetful people can be as I have a friend who's the little sister I never had act like that. Imagine my surprise when she showed up at my place and paid me back $110 I loaned her the other day, since she's normally forgetful about stuff like that.

How wonderful!

Ah see that's why we do kind things for others, so they will pay it forward, or eventually pay it back.

Someone helped me out once, and when I offered her money, she said "No, just help out someone else when they need help." And I have, more than once, and as often as I can because without her help, I wouldn't be here today.

I went to a kids market the other weekend (to help out a GF), and ended up giving away more of my stuff than I sold. I need the money but other's needed clothes for their kids more. And that seriously tested me, since I'm more introvert than extrovert. Maybe that's why I'm so wiped out today.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #7864
Jonathan

Leg muscles have been bitchy for two days straight, and there is no reason for it. I'm doing my typical routine, eating normally and sleeping my regular sleep.

It just sucks, sore like I'd been hiking or something. Gah.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:03 AM   #7865
Miss Absynthe

Lecithin and magnesium supplements will help.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #7866
Jaye Jang

Jonathan, you might want to get that checked out. That can be a lot of things (i.e. iron deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, RLS-restless legs syndrome, etc.). Hope you get better.

My rant. OH (operator's headspace), as they call it in the Army. In this case I was operating on --- meh. Or rather my looks (such that they are). Decided to try out that lovely tropical eye makeup idea I posted, so I got what was hypoallergenic makeup and blast my allergies, I had a reaction anyway . The good news is, it looks beautiful -- on the model. No so much on me. The bad news is, I woke up tonight to get ready for work and my eyes are swelled out--to there. And I can't take my allergy meds because they make me drowsy and I have to go to work, and type. And I look like I've been in a fight -- and lost. Yowtch. Last time I do that.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #7867
Fruitbat

I'd run away to join a circus but I already live in one. Sheesh.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #7868
Solumina

I fell because of an improperly secured grate on the sidewalk and I managed to skin the hell out of my knee, and it just so happens that the location of the scrape make is really painful to kneel or bend my knee, which is getting in the way of me doing pretty much anything. Plus complaining about a skinned knee makes me feel like a whiny child.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #7869
Solumina

Ewww just removed one of the band-aids to get a look at the scrape and let it air out, the serous fluid had fused to the band-aid.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #7870
Saya

I'm sorry Sol, there's no choice but to amputate.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #7871
Miss Absynthe

I just arrived home to a nice little letter in our mail box to inform us that one of our neighbours is a "prostitute"... and it gave her name, phone number AND ADDRESS.

I am going to fucking spork someone today. I swear.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #7872
Solumina

A letter from the "prostitute" or a letter from someone else who has decided that everyone must be warned about this scandalous woman?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 12-12-2012, 01:08 AM   #7873
Saya

I'm assuming from the anger that it was from some jackass who doesn't respect privacy, or a fucked up registered sex offender thing.

I've been depressed lately since Versus left, and recently we found out a little cousin of mine has a tumor in his head they can't operate on. They don't think its cancer, and he's too young to understand (he's just mad he can't play hockey now), but its scary.

Anyway, as a result I've been unable to study when I've made time for it, so I'm staying up all night trying to dedicate to memory specifics when I know the general ideas. One of the possible questions that will be asked is to write an essay on the life of Albert Schweitzer, who was a professional and very talented organist, theologian and doctor. To get all that shit done, he would not sleep, and stay up all night drinking coffee and putting his feet into a bucket of cold water.

I decided "well, I could try that." Yes, yes it wakes you up. But indeed he was some sort of self flagellating modern St. Francis.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #7874
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
A letter from the "prostitute" or a letter from someone else who has decided that everyone must be warned about this scandalous woman?
A letter from some "Concerned Citizen" type who needs to warn us all about the Scandalous Woman living in our street.

Sex work is legal here, and as long as she isn't operating within x metres of a school (she isn't) or operating a brothel (she isn't) then it's pretty much the same deal as any other small business venture run from a private residence. So.. what she is doing is legal, what the person who wrote the letter is doing isn't legal.

It really worries me that this person's name, address and phone number were given out because it really heightens the risk of personal violence being levelled towards her.. both from people who decide that they don't want a sex worker in their neighbourhood, but also from the types who believe that ****** a sex worker is something akin to shop lifting.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:52 AM   #7875
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I've been depressed lately since Versus left, and recently we found out a little cousin of mine has a tumor in his head they can't operate on. They don't think its cancer, and he's too young to understand (he's just mad he can't play hockey now), but its scary.

I'm sorry that you're going through all of that. And I hope that everything works out for your cousin.