Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 07-26-2007, 07:09 AM   #26
ArtificialOne

Yeah.... you see I was expressing an opinion. You know?, something you try to squash if you don't like it stern.

Media Bias!? How about the falsified Bush national guard papers? Who was that anyways? NBC, ABC? Oh, I do think it was Dan Rather..

Nevermind that at all huh stern?

FYI, I listen to all networks and such even on the web. Though, I have many friends abroad and try to form my opinions around some of the first hand info they give me.

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:42 AM   #27
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

I think one of my favorite O'Reilly moments was when he was a guest on David Letterman's program. Letterman, of all people, ripped him a new asshole. It was great.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #28
Lapin

I don't watch the news at all anymore. Its all rather depressing.

I read the newspaper instead, the Washington Post. At least with a newspaper, once I read the real things, I can read the Style section to cheer myself up a tad.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:02 AM   #29
CptSternn

To further demonstrate my point on fox news...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNO6G4ApJQY

Why offer commentary when you can post a real fox news clip and show people exact what they are selling.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:16 AM   #30
Drake Dun

"Epic lulz."

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:54 PM   #31
Jonathan Strange

Ein volk. Ein reich. Ein Führer. Ein news station.
Jonathan Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #32
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Please, let us not degrade Hitler by comparing president Bush to him. Hitler did a lot of good for the German economy before he plunged his nation headfirst into a cauldron of genocide, madness and war. Bush skipped the "do some minor good" part and went right to, 'Act II: "Kicking the Legs Out From Under Our Society." '
Old 07-29-2007, 08:10 PM   #33
Jonathan Strange

I wasn't comparing Hitler to Bush, but Fox News is our Leader's glorious official Republican Government news network.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #34
Drake Dun

http://www.*********************.com...da_foxnews.jpg
http://www.*********************.com/Fox_News

Fucking hysterical.

Also nice to see someone do a takedown on the whole "homeland" thing. I remember I got chills the first time I heard that. I guess the boys running the show figured that "fatherland" would be impolitic.

Drake
Old 07-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #35
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Agreed. I'm sure the Homeland Security Service will be knockin' on our doors shortly. I plan to go out in a blaze of glory, throwing piss filled coke bottles and blasting the Ramones' version of "I Don't Wanna Grow Up."
Old 07-30-2007, 02:33 AM   #36
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
Agreed. I'm sure the Homeland Security Service will be knockin' on our doors shortly. I plan to go out in a blaze of glory, throwing piss filled coke bottles and blasting the Ramones' version of "I Don't Wanna Grow Up."
Don't laugh, this kinda thing happens. I was pulled off a plane in Dublin a few months ago and thrown in prison at the behest of the Department Of Homeland Security. I am still awaiting trial in Dublin, and have since filed a complaint against the agents involved in Ireland and with the State Department.

We were on our way to leaving on holiday when the plane made an unexpected stop in Dublin, where the plane was cleared and I was taken into custody by six men in black. They literally separated myself from my pregnate wife and attempted to put me on a small jet and take me to God knows where.

I have a bit more in the RENDITION thread about my personal account (as much as I can talk about, my solicitor has limited some of the material I can talk about outside a courtroom).

I am current a refugee. That is not a joke. My solicitor filed to make me a refugee so that the American's can't whisk me away in the middle of the night, as now I have protection from the UN. I'm dead serious about this.

...but if they do come knockin' in the middle of the night anyway, it's not piss filled bottles I'll be throwin' at em'

o/~ Bah, bah, bah bah, I Wanna Be Sedated! o/~
Old 07-30-2007, 05:28 PM   #37
ArtificialOne

What a load of BS stern.. where's the doc's to prove that one...
Please oh, please post them so we can see!!!! You can even copy and black marker out all the personal info for us to see!!!

Oh, how sooo convenient to tell a story like that, then not be able to prove it because of "court imposed rules" or by your barrister.

Got a news article you can post or anything to back up a big fish story like that one?

My god... I need a shovel... this bs is getting too deep...and a snorkel..

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:47 AM   #38
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
I have a bit more in the RENDITION thread about my personal account...
I couldn't find that thread. Is it someplace other than Gothic.net?

Drake
Old 07-31-2007, 09:43 AM   #39
Jonathan Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
http://www.*********************.com...da_foxnews.jpg
http://www.*********************.com/Fox_News

Fucking hysterical.

Also nice to see someone do a takedown on the whole "homeland" thing. I remember I got chills the first time I heard that. I guess the boys running the show figured that "fatherland" would be impolitic.

Drake
I think me and you are going to get along quite fine.

INTERNET HATE MACHINE
Old 07-31-2007, 10:30 AM   #40
Lapin

Geez, I thought I was the only one who compared "homeland" to "fatherland" in my head.

However, I don't think Bush is like Hitler. Hitler was a genius and an astounding leader who had a nation in an iron grip, where fierce loyalty was demanded and anyone who spoke out was executed.

Bush couldn't give a rousing speech to save his life, and half the country calls him a damn idiot on a daily basis. Even the Republicans arn't loyal to him anymore, and its actually popular to say that you hate him.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:36 AM   #41
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
Even the Republicans arn't loyal to him anymore, and its actually popular to say that you hate him.
That's because Bush has acted like a Democrat in office. I don't know why the Republicans were so loyal to him at all. Not that I'm a fan of either, but the thought of them getting along terrifies the crap out of me.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:05 AM   #42
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicti
That's because Bush has acted like a Democrat in office. I don't know why the Republicans were so loyal to him at all. Not that I'm a fan of either, but the thought of them getting along terrifies the crap out of me.
How was he acting like a Democrat? (I'm not of either party, I swear)
Old 07-31-2007, 11:21 AM   #43
delicti

Quote:
How was he acting like a Democrat? (I'm not of either party, I swear)
Heh, it's all good, I wouldn't hold it against you if you were.

He's expanded governmental monitoring (the Patriot Act is actually a redux of Clinton's Anti-Terrorism Initiative, which had failed miserably at the time).
http://www.epic.org/privacy/terrorism/

His immigration policies are very left wing, and border on Libertarianism in that matter. It's because of these policies that we now have amnesty on the table of debate; it's something the Democrats can use to mobilize their base, while exposing a weakness with the Bush administration, that the Republican base hates.

He's also passed a plethora of alternative energy programs (which I think don't go far enough, honestly):
http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/energy/

There's really quite the list. He's like a dopey, illiterate, warmongering Clintonian democrat. It's amazing that party politics and the media are so badly entrenched in this country, that none of the major press outlets are willing to report it at face value.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:25 AM   #44
Lapin

Honestly, the politics here in America make me insane. I'm constantly on edge, wondering how in the world so many idiots get elected.

This just makes it loopier. Bush is supposedly a Republican, but he's acting like a Democrat. Despite that, they call him a Republican still.

I'm all for overthrowing the government and putting actual monkeys in charge.

I'm going to become a hermit.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:31 AM   #45
delicti

Quote:
Honestly, the politics here in America make me insane. I'm constantly on edge, wondering how in the world so many idiots get elected.

This just makes it loopier. Bush is supposedly a Republican, but he's acting like a Democrat. Despite that, they call him a Republican still.

I'm all for overthrowing the government and putting actual monkeys in charge.

I'm going to become a hermit.

At least a million monkeys will eventually come up with an encyclopedia. ;-)

Really though, isn't it fun to watch all the media manipulation while the power brokers take turns eliminating our rights for profit? Might as well smile, there's little else we can do.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:33 AM   #46
Lapin

Its like watching a full three-ring circus, complete with animals and fire-breathers.

I'm moving.

I suppose I can still do that...except, oh no! I'm being detained because I might be a terrorist!
Old 07-31-2007, 11:50 AM   #47
delicti

Quote:
Its like watching a full three-ring circus, complete with animals and fire-breathers.
And far too many clowns. ;-)
Old 07-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #48
Lapin

With terrible make-up.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:39 AM   #49
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicti
His immigration policies are very left wing, and border on Libertarianism in that matter. It's because of these policies that we now have amnesty on the table of debate; it's something the Democrats can use to mobilize their base, while exposing a weakness with the Bush administration, that the Republican base hates.

He's also passed a plethora of alternative energy programs (which I think don't go far enough, honestly):
http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/energy/

There's really quite the list. He's like a dopey, illiterate, warmongering Clintonian democrat. It's amazing that party politics and the media are so badly entrenched in this country, that none of the major press outlets are willing to report it at face value.

First off, you come across as a rank-n-file republican spewing the exact stuff seen on every right-wing website. You totally neglect the whole truth in many cases here, and say exactly what the right-wing says on their propaganda websites.

Lets start with your 'alternative energy' programmes which are so 'liberal'.

There was the millions gw put into finding alternative fuels for cars, more specifically, hydrogen. This was a right-wing ploy to crash the alternative fuel industry.

How so you might ask? Well, I would suggest everyone here watch Who Killed The Electric Car. One of the best documentaries out there. A few years back they made an electric car which would do 90MPH, looked like a sports car, and had to emissions. It was given to celebrities and other rich-folk to try out.

It wqorked so well they go orders for thousands. The bush admin took office, and next thing you know, oil companies were getting upset by this 'experiment', so detroit killed the electric car programme, took all the ones in existance, and had them destroyed. They have video of how great these things are. They go for 180 miles without needing a recharge, and can be charged in any home outlet.

So yes, bush gave more money to 'researching alternate fuels', but he also killed all research into the electric car. They have been working on electric cars since the 1950's. Today, they finally have perfected it. So what did bush do? Pulled all federal funding for it and put it into 'hydrogen research'. This is a new area, with no previous data since its new. They are now starting from scratch with hydrogen where as they had years of data, plus a working model, for the electric car.

He in effect killed the alternative fuel market by pushing back the date when they will have something ready for the road to 2030.

Don't get me started on ethanol.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics..._boondoggles/1

When it comes to using corn for fuel, there are a few things they don't tell you...

First, it costs much more to produce it. Second, it costs more to transport it. Third, even if every field in America switched to corn to be harvested for fuel, it would only satisfy 7% of, Americas need for oil, at todays current rate of consumption.

Lets not foget a few others things...

All hydrogen based research centres in America along with the plants which are designed to produce hydrogen fuel are owned by...Halliburton! Guess who owns the most stock in ethanol producing plants? Wanna venture a guess? I'll give you a hint - it rhymes with Falliburton.

So sure, bush pushed 'alternative fuels', but is doing so once again as a lap dog for big oil. He stopped research into real alternatives, and made it appear as he is somehow pro-alternative fuel. He put all R&D into his favourite company who is running the Iraq War, and set the standard for Halliburton to control the alternative fuel market in the future by blocking all other R&D except that which is into products already produced by Halliburton.

So before you try and sell us on the idea bush is a liberal out there doing liberal things, make sure you check your facts and see who he really is doing things for.

Also, your first claim Clinton was building a terrorist database - another lie coming from the right-wing. There has never been any evidence Clinton tried to spy on American citizens.

If your going to come in here making these accusations, your going to need to post proof. Also, constantly falling back in the CIA to back your accusations is at best weak. The CIA didn't know that Sadaam didn't have WMD's. Lets not forget the 'yellow cake from Nige' debacle. They, according to you, think an American family of four can live the American dream on less than $9,000 a year. At best, the CIA are incompetent and couldn't find their arse if you spotted them two hands, and their own arse. At worse, they just regurgitate what the bush admin tells them.

It's also safe to say they of all people have their own agenda, and time and time again prove this.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:20 AM   #50
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
I couldn't find that thread. Is it someplace other than Gothic.net?

Drake
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=4481