Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #26
Knight in Shining Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
I hope you use the metric system too
I'm actually working on that, but math isn't my strongest point.
I'm trying to convince my teachers that we should get rid of feet, inches, yards, and pounds entirely. It isn't like the rest of the world understands it, and it's not them we're crippling by not teaching our youth to use the metric system... erm... I'm going to cut this rant off.
The point is, I'm trying.
Knight in Shining Armour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #27
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight in Shining Armour
I've decided I liked Christian morals to an extent, so you won't catch me lying to everyone I come across, murdering anyone, or having random meaningless sex with strangers, but I'm no longer concerned about saying or doing certain things because of some reward after death or angering some almighty, nonexistent being.
Last I checked, Christianity didn't have a patent on "moral behavior." All major world religions have some form of "moral code," and most of those religions include admonitions against those very things you mentioned. It is nice that you are questioning yourself though. Examine your beliefs and why you believe them, but don't be so quick to jump to any philosophical conclusions on a whim.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #28
JCC

Quote:
As to tekajo. I am quite sure I'm no longer a Christian; I've decided I liked Christian morals to an extent, so you won't catch me lying to everyone I come across, murdering anyone, or having random meaningless sex with strangers, but I'm no longer concerned about saying or doing certain things because of some reward after death or angering some almighty, nonexistent being.
Yeah, fuck off.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:10 AM   #29
Steppenwolf

Quote:
having random meaningless sex with strangers
what a pity ..........
Old 01-16-2009, 07:20 AM   #30
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
I am quite sure I'm no longer a Christian; I've decided I liked Christian morals to an extent, so you won't catch me lying to everyone I come across, murdering anyone, or having random meaningless sex with strangers, but I'm no longer concerned about saying or doing certain things because of some reward after death or angering some almighty, nonexistent being.
I'm pretty decisive when it comes down to it, and once I make I decision, I stick to it until valid proof is given otherwise. (Though I was quite stubborn for quite some time with Christianity and god.)
It's great to question what you believe. However, I've always found God to be far more tolerant than you are describing Him.

Did you have an actual relationship with God, or did you simply go to church because you felt you had to? Were you close to God, or were you simply obeying a bunch of rules?
Old 01-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #31
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
It's great to question what you believe. However, I've always found God to be far more tolerant than you are describing Him.

Did you have an actual relationship with God, or did you simply go to church because you felt you had to? Were you close to God, or were you simply obeying a bunch of rules?
You sound like an old lady on a televangelist show.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #32
exacerbatedpoet

I get Tami is saying. You went from completely believing in God to saying that God is a nonexistent being in a relatively short amount of time. I mean for something that you believed in for so long, you sure were quick to discard it. You should really take the time to stop and think about everything. Just think about everything. Think about your beliefs. Are you agnostic? Just because you think Christianity isn't the way to go doesn't mean that you don't believe in God. After all of your thinking you very well may end up atheist but think about it.
exacerbatedpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #33
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
She's moving to the UK in a few years and is trying to get used to spelling things differently...
That's such bullshit.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #34
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
I hope you use the metric system too
We don't use the metric system. Every country in the world thinks that we do, but everyone I know talks about things being in feet and inches, we haven't changed the name of the quarter pounder etc.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #35
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
She's moving to the UK in a few years and is trying to get used to spelling things differently...
Anyone who sees her spelling is going to hear her talk. Is she going to put on a fake British accent?
I doubt you'll fool anyone, KISA.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #36
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
You sound like an old lady on a televangelist show.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Tam did sound like one.

*wipes tears off the face*
Old 01-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #37
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
British and Canadian spelling is for fags. Drop those unnecessary U's goddammit!

Trying to show the British who's boss by spelling things wrong ?
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:05 AM   #38
dead_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
British and Canadian spelling is for fags. Drop those unnecessary U's goddammit!

Damn straight.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:14 AM   #39
dead_dreams

Where are my manners? I forgot to say welcome back.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #40
Despanan

Quote:
But the OP thinks it annoying that the rest of the world spells a word one way and she is expected to spell it another. It's ridiculous, really. I'm thinking about only using the UK's on every word that we've decided to change in the US.
It would throw my teachers through a loop. ("Should I mark this off, I mean, it's not exactly wrong, but we're in America! Gah, this is so confusing.") Plus, I really am planning on moving to Scotland with Megeara some time after graduation, so I had best get used to it.
I AGREE!

It is annoying for the rest of the world to tell us how to spell and how to speak just because of where we live. It's ridiculous, really. I'm thinking about using Japanese expressions whenever I can.

It would throw my bosses through a loop. ("That freaking wierdo just refer to me as Sensie, then scream "BAKA!" and hit that guy next to him with a mallet? We're in America! Gah, this is so confusing.") Plus I am super cereal going to move to Japan with Kontan after graduation, so I hath best make mineself used to it. FORSOOTH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #41
KontanKarite

Quote:
But the OP thinks it annoying that the rest of the world spells a word one way and she is expected to spell it another. It's ridiculous, really. I'm thinking about only using the UK's on every word that we've decided to change in the US.
It would throw my teachers through a loop. ("Should I mark this off, I mean, it's not exactly wrong, but we're in America! Gah, this is so confusing.") Plus, I really am planning on moving to Scotland with Megeara some time after graduation, so I had best get used to it.

As to tekajo. I am quite sure I'm no longer a Christian; I've decided I liked Christian morals to an extent, so you won't catch me lying to everyone I come across, murdering anyone, or having random meaningless sex with strangers, but I'm no longer concerned about saying or doing certain things because of some reward after death or angering some almighty, nonexistent being.
I'm pretty decisive when it comes down to it, and once I make I decision, I stick to it until valid proof is given otherwise. (Though I was quite stubborn for quite some time with Christianity and god.)

My.God.That's.Dumb.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #42
menus era sota

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
We don't use the metric system. Every country in the world thinks that we do, but everyone I know talks about things being in feet and inches, we haven't changed the name of the quarter pounder etc.

ugh?... excuse me but, fucking bullshit. sure you can keep the whole quarter pounder thing, but where the HELL do you live where it's all in inches and shit? (i can just imagine you saying all that in a linconshire farmer guy accent)
metric FTW. is so much fucking easier.

although many people do say miles.

i moved to the US a few years ago and am only just now saying inches (screw feet, it's easier in meters)
menus era sota is offline   Reply With Quote