Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:25 AM   #1
DarkChildOne

Question Runaways

I'm not sure where to post this. but i hope it gets to someone who would know.

My best friend in the world ran away friday night. She is with a truck driver and is travelling, but we can only talk very seldomly, and i wasnt sure if anyone has ever been through this before. We offered her solutions to her problems, but i have seen why she would run. Her mother is evil. The poor girl has a baseball bat to defend herself when her mother starts her crap. She is 16 almost seventeen, and if the girl even got mad the mother would send her back to Shadow Mountain (an institute for crazies). The girl isnt crazy. She just has it hard.
What do i do? I feel like she has abandoned me, but i know she had to get out of there.
Has anyone ever been here?
DarkChildOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #2
Minyaliel

This should be in the whining section, I think.

Actually, I ran away once. It wasn't very far, I only started to walk home from my family's lodge which is some three hours' away (by car) when I couldn't stand my psychopathic ex- stepfather any longer. I then hiked some way with the milkman, who happened to pass by me just when I was starting to get tired. (The terrain was very hilly).

Anyway, I do understand your friend, and I understand you aswell for feeling betrayed. Maybe, though, it was for the best that she got away for a while. Let's just hope she returns - it's a hard and cruel world, after all. When you're that young, it's very nice to have someone who will watch over her.

The only thing you can do, is being honest with her, if you talk to her. Tell her that you miss her. Perhaps you should suggest to her that she go live with some other relatives than her mother for some time. The distance might help her get a perspective on things.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
DarkChildOne

Allow me to clarify. This isnt so much a whine/rant/boo-hooey. Its i dont know what to do. I am scared for her. I have never had a friend run away and i would like some imput on what to do. Ideas, yanno?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
DarkHeartedDemoness

I know here in Minneapolis there's this place called The Bridge. It's a center for Runaway Youth. I wonder if there's anything similar near where you live?
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
DarkChildOne

Well, she has been in shelters before and she was almost killed in one. So, for her running with the trucker was a better solution. I'm just so afraid they'd get into an argument and he'd dump her off somewhere and she would be stranded.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:07 AM   #6
DarkHeartedDemoness

I'm sorry, I have to disagree. I don't feel that her leaving town, away from everyone she knows, with a truck driver that could potentially dump her, is safer than going to a shelter. She had a bad experience. Maybe she needs to find a different shelter, in a nearby town. Maybe she needs to give it another chance, because there will be different people there. Leaving with a truck driver (who I'm assuming is a relative stranger) that could leave her stranded in the middle of nowhere at any given time is just not the safest solution.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
bleedingheart344

Yeah, I'd say try another shelter. Too bad you aren't in Europe. *sigh* youth hostels would be a lot better. Just to clarify, I'm in America.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:23 PM   #8
DarkChildOne

Well, turns out she was found. In New York. So after that i had to go down to the Police Station ad file a report on what i new about the situation. I feel like i betrayed her, but in return she squealed on me, so.. i feel really confused.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #9
PersephoneX

I kinda feel like i'm running away from home...but i'm also kind of eloping...Shit! I don't really know WHAT i'm doing anymore...
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote