Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:14 AM   #1
CptSternn

Best Movie Deaths EVER

MAXIM Online posted the 10 best movie deaths ever this week in honor of halloween - with video clip goodness...

http://www.maximonline.com/slideshow...or.aspx?film=8

I think personally that the chainsaw to the head in Evil Dead 2 should have been #1, but their pick is also quite good.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #2
cradle

Hmm...I always liked the death in silent hill where that one girl gets her skin ripped off by pyramid head.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:29 AM   #3
Slap Your Love

^ Ah! that's a great death!
Old 11-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #4
chelseagirl

Even though the movie wasn't that great as a whole, I really loved the mass decapitation scene in the beginning of Ghost Ship. It was brilliant!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-XgRWH4f7...F7B027&index=8

Also, the death scene in the Masters of Horror episode 'The Damned Thing' where the guy kills himself by repeatedly hitting himself in the head and face with a hammer was incredible...it actually made me flinch.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl
Even though the movie wasn't that great as a whole, I really loved the mass decapitation scene in the beginning of Ghost Ship. It was brilliant!
Oh yes. I am not a fan of movies that make it their soul goal to disgust and shock the watcher, but this scene really was chilling....and, well, beautiful in its own way. It kind of brought you back to reality, very ubruptly and making you think....or me at least.

But, indeed, the rest of the film was bullshit. Really.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
cradle

Did they really have to go and kill everyone? Couldn't they just take the cash or whatever it was?
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #7
Alaizabel Cray

{sarcasm} Cradle, of course they had to kill everyone. Mass murder scenes are what horror films are all about. Gosh. {/sarcasm} Seriously though, I don't know why they had to kill everyone to steal the gold, but it did make for a pretty awesome scene.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #8
insertwittyname

Um...I'm quite squeamish. It took me two tries to watch The Mummy when I was 13-14. I cried during Gothika, Darkness Falls, Ring, Ring Two, Cabin Fever. I was just sitting there, shaking, eyes wide, during all of those. -.- I hate my imagination. I still have trouble with the dark left over when I was little. A punishment was if I was bad, my door would be closed with the lights off at which I would go hysterical, screaming for a light or my door open, begging. But, for scariest movie death ever, I would say from Saw, *graphic bf who wants to torment me told me of these* the guy who cheats on his wife and has to cut off a limb to save his family. Emotional issues, plus the pain=more scary.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #9
Alaizabel Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
A punishment was if I was bad, my door would be closed with the lights off at which I would go hysterical, screaming for a light or my door open, begging.
Jeez, how traumatic. I would have died, I've always had issues with the dark. If i'm outside and it's dark out, I don't mind, it's natural. But if I'm inside, it scares the crap out of me. Oddly enough, I love horror films, but I just love the thrill of it all. The blood doesn't worry me, in fact I want to be a medical examiner when I grow up. And I know it's all fake; I'm pretty good at reading facial expressions, so I can tell easily enough that it's completely an act, although the concept of some things still freaks me out a bit, just like it would scare anyone else. I don't know why I can stand horror films but not the dark, I don't get it.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #10
insertwittyname

Horror films kill me, because I don't know. >.< I'm personally fine with with blood and horror in books along with the little blood in real life I've seen, but horror just scares the SHIT out of me. And night time dark isn't so bad, until your boyfriend brings up on halloween night when you're in a dark part of the street by the park where everything is open and says "Darkness Falls"
Old 11-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #11
Alaizabel Cray

Haha, nice boyfriend right there. Although I'm sure he wasn't intending on being mean. Reminds me of myself a bit... I was at the mall with my friends who were shopping for homecoming dresses (even though none of them would ever dress like I do, they all come to be for fashion advice. I guess they figure that if the weird kid says your outfit sucks then it really must be true?), and we all went in the ginormous handicapped stall in the dressing room (seriously, it was twice as big as the normal handicapped ones are) and there was a large ceiling tile missing. You could see some electrical wires, and it was dark up there, and one of my friends was a bit afraid of it after the rest of us were joking about dead people falling out on top of us. So I used what I like to call my "die voice" (really raspy, kind of guttural, sounds ike something you'd hear in a horror film) to say "There's a dead man in the ceiling, and he's coming to get you!" I thought it was funny, but she didn't agree so much. Heh.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:38 PM   #12
insertwittyname

Nice, now we must go back to topic before Godslayer Julian complains about me and blah blah blah again, shhhhhhh *shifty eyes*
Old 11-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #13
Alaizabel Cray

Jillian complained about you going off-topic? Hm. Well, ok, I guess going off on a random tangent is pretty annoying in a public thread, when no one else is posting at the moment.

So, on topic! I think they should have included the part from Friday the 13th Part II at the very end. When they hear a noise a tthe door and they're like "Oh-em-eff-gee it must be Jason coming back to kill us after-all!" and it turns out to be the dog, Muffin. "Oh, Muffin! You've come home, Muffin!" At which point Jason bursts through the window behind them and slaughters 'em.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #14
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaizabel Cray
(even though none of them would ever dress like I do, they all come to be for fashion advice. I guess they figure that if the weird kid says your outfit sucks then it really must be true?)
I'll contribute a bit more to the off-topicness...

That is exactly the case with me and my friends...they never agree with me but still need my advice every time...in everything, not only fashion.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #15
Alaizabel Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Look Behind You
I'll contribute a bit more to the off-topicness...

That is exactly the case with me and my friends...they never agree with me but still need my advice every time...in everything, not only fashion.

Yeah, I've always been the one they go to for any sort of advice. I'm always thinking, "You never care about my opinion, but now you're asking for it?"
Old 11-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #16
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
Nice, now we must go back to topic before Godslayer Julian complains about me and blah blah blah again, shhhhhhh *shifty eyes*
Blah Blah Blah?
Let me remind you just how annoying you were:
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=3422
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=3266

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #17
insertwittyname

It was fun while it lasted, and hey, I've been better! And now you have a taste of why people say I need drugs. Puppy puppy fritter.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #18
Alaizabel Cray

Ah, so it wasn't for going off topic so much as for having a private conversation on a public board. I got it, I was thinking "I never knew Jillian to yell about straying off topic a bit..."
Old 11-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #19
Delicate_Torture

-dragging the thread back on topic-

The best movie death ever as far as I'm concerned was Paris Hilton's death in House Of Wax. For the simple reason that it was Paris Hilton's death.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:09 PM   #20
Alaizabel Cray

Haha, I thought of that one myself. I kind of liked the whole video-taping the pole through the head deal. And as much as I hate to say that I dislike someone without having personally met them or talked to them, you're right that the fact that she died was what made it great. Not because she's Paris Hilton though, that's not my reasoning. My reasoning is because she can't act and it was stinking up the film so freaking much.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:06 PM   #21
Dark Wolf

Did anyone ever see Nurse Betty? There's a guy that gets completely scalped by one of the main bad guys at the beginning of the movie...pretty gruesome, but he totally deserved it.
Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:26 PM   #22
Born Again

Best movie death.....

I would have to say when the guy in the film "High Tension" was sawed from the face down in his car by a giant circular saw..

http://morfablog.com/pictiwrs/archif/switchblade.jpg

Also, in the same movie:

When a guy got his head stuck in a stairway, then the killer pushed a table into it until he was completely decapitated.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #23
Godslayer Jillian

Wrong!
These are the best movie deaths:
1) The beginning of citizen Kane
2) The knowledge that Christine died in the Phantom of the Opera
3) Vincent Price's death on Edward Scissorhands
4) Satine in Moulin Rouge
5) Peter's ironic death by a cop in Crash

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #24
Born Again

I mustn't forget the emotional deaths, they tend to hang around longer.
I have to agree with you, Satine's death in Moulin Rouge was pretty heart wrenching.

Another great death was William Wallace's death in Braveheart.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:05 PM   #25
crimsonjoy

The death scene I remember most is from Fright Night, where that werewolf gets impaled, and he slowly transforms back into a kid...it's such a long and gruesome scene...
crimsonjoy is offline   Reply With Quote