Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #51
wishcat

I didnt watch the video.

I am a big chicken... I can't watch anything that involves ghosts anymore. It completly freaks me out. Growing up me and my family have encountered many freaky situations.
I've had things happen to me that are unexplainable.

If this video if real or not I simply can't watch it... How sad is that?
Old 05-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #52
Virulent Dryad

The video didn't even work for me. But for the most part these things are usually a load of rubbish.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:53 AM   #53
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I couldn't see anything.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #54
the_ink_bleeds_faster

I don't really know...
Old 08-28-2006, 04:11 PM   #55
reversed poem

[sup]WOAH trippy. no seriosuly im going to have a fucking nightmare. well maybe not but it makes me think. i can't get the image out of my head
reversed poem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:58 PM   #56
darkness-creepshow

I cant even see anything on the video...only the guy videotaping it..
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:21 PM   #57
Spectral Despondence

This is a very interesting topic. It is difficult to acknowlegde a viable conlcusion with todays image editing technology. I could animate those very same effects with proper amounts of photoshop and actual footage of the person easily as well as could others. However don't get me worng. My skepticism is rather limited. Parapsychology is one of my favorite subjects - and no one can deny that the claims of supernatural phenomena manifesting through kinetic energy is indeed true. As i read in this topic some events are simply beyond the scope of general rationalization. In this case, the older the photo - the more likely it is to be real due to lack of technology at that time. It is also a viable argument that of course todays technology enbales better 'hunting' for supernatural and psychomagnetheoric phenomena.

One of my favorites is the famous - 'red maiden' picture taken in 1936 by a Cpt. Provand. i'll try and dig up a duplicate of the original copy. It has to this very day never ben prove as a fake and continues to be one of the earliest photographical records of full spiritual manifestation.
Spectral Despondence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:47 PM   #58
Splintered

Am I the only one here, who thinks that good is actually good looking?

I mean. It's not that good of a picture, but she doesn't look half bad...

Anyway. I think it's a fake.

Why:
1. Why would a ghost respond, directly to someone calling them? From what little I've learned of ghosts, they are usually following some kind of pattern. Then again, I'm not an expert.

2. Why would you run away, right after you've taped the ghost? It's not going to hurt you, it's not that scary, and you could really have some awesome footage.

3. Why would the eyes reflect? Now. Usually, most ghosts I've seen/heard about, are transparent to some degree. Why would it reflect light?

4. Filmed. In. A. Graveyard. Now. I'm no film director either. But when I think spooky, I think.... Hmm.... Oh. that's right. DOOM. I mean.. Graveyard... Yeah! That's right. Graveyard. Not to say there's nothing paranormal at your local cemetary, it just seems easily forged.

So. It just seems... Fake to me. Funny though.
Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:39 PM   #59
Spectral Despondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
Am I the only one here, who thinks that good is actually good looking?

I mean. It's not that good of a picture, but she doesn't look half bad...

Anyway. I think it's a fake.

Why:
1. Why would a ghost respond, directly to someone calling them? From what little I've learned of ghosts, they are usually following some kind of pattern. Then again, I'm not an expert.

2. Why would you run away, right after you've taped the ghost? It's not going to hurt you, it's not that scary, and you could really have some awesome footage.

3. Why would the eyes reflect? Now. Usually, most ghosts I've seen/heard about, are transparent to some degree. Why would it reflect light?

4. Filmed. In. A. Graveyard. Now. I'm no film director either. But when I think spooky, I think.... Hmm.... Oh. that's right. DOOM. I mean.. Graveyard... Yeah! That's right. Graveyard. Not to say there's nothing paranormal at your local cemetary, it just seems easily forged.

So. It just seems... Fake to me. Funny though.
Those are excellent observations
Spectral Despondence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:46 PM   #60
darkness-creepshow

What if someone did see ghosts at a cemetary and it scared the shit out of them and they tried to hurt you. You probobly would not even bealive them. You just have to take there word for it or follow along with them to the cemetary and see if it will happen again.

While we are on the topic of the supernatrual...would anybody be crazy eanough to try to get the supernatrual through technology like in pulse...maybe!
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:01 AM   #61
Slap Your Love

Ha. I love ebaumsworld. <3 Lots of videos of people getting hurt, which I think are the best videos ever personally. =]
Old 11-10-2006, 03:42 AM   #62
Broken_Pixy

I agree with grimreaper

I think it was edited.
Broken_Pixy is offline   Reply With Quote