Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 09:02 AM   #251
Maimy

Old 02-06-2004, 09:02 AM   #252
Maimy

Old 02-06-2004, 09:13 AM   #253
Maimy

Old 02-07-2004, 07:44 AM   #254
Perfectly_Flawed

Happy B'day, Maimy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cussedness
Perfect_flawed, some friendships go the distance and others do not. You never know. I have friends with whom I've stayed in constant contact with for nine years even though we have for the last seven lived on opposite coasts.
Yeah. We can always hope, huh. Cross your fingers for me. (I need mine for typing.)

Just had the most bizzare conversation with a friend of mine.

It began with parting words ... (Enough said?)

hang says:
gnite
BBlue says:
g'night
hang says:
hope u have fun with ur bf
BBlue says:
is that your cue to leave?
BBlue says:
huh?
BBlue says:
name, please.
hang says:
well
BBlue says:
I'd like to know the name of my boyfriend
hang says:
id like to know too
BBlue says:
that makes the two of us.
hang says:
yeah
hang says:
gnite
BBlue says:
g'night
hang says:
ROFLMAO

/End conversation

... I thought I might add that the screen names have been changed a bit ... my actual sn was even lamer than "BBlue", if you can believe it.

But yes. No I don't have a boyfriend, and I have no idea why he brought it up. How very random of him.

I'm in a sarcastic mood. I need more biscuits...
Old 02-07-2004, 09:06 PM   #255
khabtih

I was looking up "hamster dance" on google, for my boyfriend, as I recently found out he had never seen this internet craze before. I came upon a cute little parody.

http://www.greymatter.org/satanichamsterdance/
Old 02-07-2004, 09:09 PM   #256
ice

There are twelve men sitting at a bar, which one is dead?

<Hint: Someone guess, I don't like giving answers away free>
:oops:

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
Old 02-07-2004, 11:13 PM   #257
Daz

the one wearing pink socks?

yesterday was an odd day, actually it's been an odd week, but yesterday just topped it off. i spent most of the day in biocontainment getting everything ready for the girl who usually works in there so she wont have much to do on monday. had a stupid argument with the manager of the area because she is a flighty retard who couldnt think for herself if her life depended on it. when the TB load was run and i was finished in there i headed upstairs to do the paperwork that no one had had time to do all week. i get it finished, go down to play with the cats when i run into a girl i usualy work with. for some reason that i can only blame on stress (since i havent seen her all week) she totally blew me off and when i told her i had finished the paperwork she actually got mad. then i left work and headed out to find something to put the ashes of my cat in. one of the advantages to working in research is the availability of vets to do post mortums on your pets and an incinerater to reduce them to 10g of ashes and bone fragments. four stores later i find an ornate royal blue glass jar that fits her personality, as well as my bugget, perfectly.
before actually heading home i went with a friend to one of the oldest theaters in the city to see monster. turns out my friend used to work with the guy at the ticket counter, they hadn't seen each other in five years, and he lets us in for free. go up to the refreshment counter to get a drink and the guy behind there spend a good ten minutes flirting before handing over our drinks. now, the great thing about this theater is the balcony, it extends out beside the entrance so you can watch everyone coming in. unfortunately we didnt make the first showing so when the doors opened before the second there was a waft of stale air and the smell of bodies, but that went away pretty quick. sitting there watching the ending credits for the movie my friend spots a guy over in the corner singing to the music. not that usual sorta half absent-minded singing, but actually singing and almost rocking to the music. he was rather amusing.
anyways the movie was great, if you are into serial killers that is, and we walked out into the chill air happy with our eveing. i gave my friend a ride home and then headed home myself, i hadnt been in my house since 7 that morning and it was midninght by the time i got home. i sat on my floor transfering ashes from the coffee tin i was given (big labouski fans anyone??) into the glass jar with Sabbeth watching and only half comprehending what was going on. after that i crawled into bed after popping daylight into the vcr and tried to drift off to sleep. one thing i've noticed, bad movies keep me awake, if only to see how bad the movie can actually get.
well that was my day yesterday, today was rather dull... i spent the morning making deadfalls and went to see big fish for the second time.
this coming week should be interesting. ~_^
Old 02-08-2004, 06:09 PM   #258
Perfectly_Flawed

I bought a bird yesterday. It's a white cockatiel (weiro). I'm rather anxious at the moment, because the cage it's in isn't quite right for it. It's partly to do with the placement of the perches, though I've tried to find the optimum respective positions for each.

It's just that this weiro is a little larger than my previous bird, which inhabited the cage ... and that makes all the difference. The weiro's tail is a little longer, and it just doesn't move the way my Fischer Lovebird did. It's less 'flexible', for lack of a better term.

I really want to get back home, to re-adjust the inside of the cage ... I've been looking at cages for cockatiels and medium-sized birds this morning, so I have a few ideas. I fear for my poor bird ... awkward in its new home ... and I don't think it recognizes its food bowl. ... I did put some seed on the floor of the cage, so I hope it eats that...

Err... yes I have been saying "it" and "this weiro" ... I haven't named him/her yet.

Arrgh, I hope 7 hours passes quickly.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:01 PM   #259
Phantasm

I spent my Sunday well. I went thrift shopping with a friend. I hadn't done that in a while. I found a skirt, two shirts and a patch. I feel tired. I'm not too excited about school tomorrow. Grammy's are on, I don't know it I'll watch.
I've been downloading songs off Kazaa like crazy ever since I installed it recently. Songs I hadn't heard in years are know back in my grasp. It feels great.

I wanna see my friends. I wish the weather would start to cool down more. I want some glittery eyeshadow. Mascara is on sale at my local drugstore. I think I'll get some. I don't usually wear mascara...
Old 02-09-2004, 05:33 PM   #260
Ravena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice
There are twelve men sitting at a bar, which one is dead?

<Hint: Someone guess, I don't like giving answers away free>
:oops:
Oooh, oooh, I know! I know!
*Jumps up and down excitdly, then looks cresfallen*
Oh, wait, no I don't... Sorry. I was so sure I knew that one...
You're cool, Ice. I think you're the most random of us all.

Yes, Daz... The Big Lebouski. :lol:

Ravena
Old 02-09-2004, 10:23 PM   #261
Icegoblin

Well, tomorrow I go in for my interview with Wal-ly Mart. Woopty Doo :roll: Not that I really want to work there but jobs are so scarce here in Fairbanks, you sometimes have to take what you can get in life. ::sigh::

But on a better note. For friday Ive been invited to a local club's "Gothic" themed UNVALENTINE's day party. There promises to be much debauchery, nudity, a whole hell of alot of leather, velvet, music, a dance DJ, cage-dancing, candlewax????????, chocolate and chains. :shock:
What more could you ask for on Valentines?
Not that Ill have the time to go or anything.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:47 PM   #262
Perfectly_Flawed

Damn that sounds like fun, Icegoblin. I'd make time to attend that. Though if they held one in Perth, I probably wouldn't be able to get in anyway ... the curse of being under-18.

I've been searching around for a job. It's a little tricky for me because I start uni soon, and I've yet to figure out my timetable. But it'll all happen soon ... soon.

Well ... my bird was still alright when I got home. I've named her Daria.
She requires more care than I can give her, so I probably shouldn't have bought a new pet ... I like her, but it hasn't grown into love just yet. She climbs and jumps around her cage to get my attention, and I just can't ignore her. She's so damn hyper-active. Daria needs constant stimulation, but I hope she'll learn to do a few things alone. Otherwise she'll get depressed during the day, when I have to go to my dad's office ... which is where I am at the moment. I left this small radio playing for her, and she seems to enjoy it. It's company, y'know?

I joked to my dad that she'll be able to recite the daily headlines for us when we return home, having heard the same news every hour on the hour for about 8 hours.

Hmm ... but anyway ... I'm probably boring you lot, so I'll end it here.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #263
ohthefuckwell

couldn't decide if this was more "random" or "whining". you can see which way the coin toss sent me.

someone needs to hunt down whoever the hell it was who woke up one day and said, "you know....chocolate syrup & coca-cola were MADE for each other."

THEN

you need to come find ME & kick me in the ass for thinking in a stupor, "you know....a chocolate coke just might be the 'pick-me-up' i need to get through the rest of the day!" UGH

on a somewhat related note....word to the wise: do NOT let your first half-hearted choice of food (or food-like product) in a good 4 days or so, at least, be a slim jim.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:25 PM   #264
ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Ravena
[color=#0000ff
Oooh, oooh, I know! I know!
*Jumps up and down excitdly, then looks crestfallen*
Oh, wait, no I don't... Sorry. I was so sure I knew that one...
You're cool, Ice. I think you're the most random of us all.

Yes, Daz... The Big Lebouski. :lol:

Ravena[/color]
Oooooh, danke, speiceba, merci, cracias, grato, obrigado, thank you etc...

The first man is dead, when the bartender hands him the drink to slide down, he takes a gulp and slides it. Eventualy he gets his own drink, and he downs it, of course, he dies from alcohol poisoning.

So I walk into a bar, and see a horse, and I says to him, 'Why the long face?'.

El vaca purpura y amarillo es en FUEGO!!! ... o_O
G'night.
Don't let the bed thugs fight!

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
Old 02-11-2004, 09:41 PM   #265
Perfectly_Flawed

Chocolate Coke ... "Only in America", huh.

You are in the States, right?

..... TStone - congratulations on making the longest post in gothic.net history. You do take the prize, right? I haven't been around *that* long, so I may be wrong ...

I'm halfway through reading it (this damn page took ages to load up, so in that time I decided to read your post), and will endeavour to respond once I have finished.

My random. ...Ok, but first, some background information. I go to my dad's office every weekday, and for half of Saturday as well. I'm given a few tasks every now and then - data-entry, proof-reading, promotional pamphlet writing, etc - in addition to my 'official' duty. Answering the phone. (Oh, and I also do filing ...) Go me, the receptionist.

Anyway, I fielded a 'sales pitch' call today, bringing my grand total to 4. My response to the man who questioned "How many people are employed there?" was "I'm not at liberty to give out that information".

It lead me to think that I've been watching too many movies lately.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:27 AM   #266
Maimy

Did my taxes last night in a fit of optimism (and penury).

There were over ten thousand dollars in deductions to my Gross Income - which wasn't much - and all I can hope to get back from the gubmint is a lousy twelve hundred.

Now, I'm not mad about handing over my dough to Uncle Spam for a no-interest loan he can abuse to my detriment, but I have to admit a certain twisted annoyance that the loan turned out to be so small. I could use more than that much right now.

Stupid money.

I want more.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:07 AM   #267
esotericesores

*yawn*

Just woke up 10 minutes ago. I have the taste of toothpaste in my mouth from a visit to the bathroom I don't remember. Couldn't have been long ago. My dad punched me awake and then my sister yelled- So that pretty much made me sleep-ish walk to do things I don't remember because I was just pissed off. I don't think I know how to explain. My body is sore from the past week of exercise I'm not used to. I have softball practice today at the highschool. I used to be a pitcher.. now I catch. AND pitch when we have our other catcher there. My legs ache from both-- Not to mention my arms. I want to go back to sleep.. But that's pretty impossible unless I fall asleep in the bathroom again so people dont disturb me. My eyes sting from wearing eyeliner so often now, and the left one is getting puffy and sore. Aw.. fuck.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:29 PM   #268
ohthefuckwell

and, yes...i am in the states.

i have NO idea who came up with it & even LESS of an idea as to why i decided to try it. i was slap-happy & just trying to get through the rest of my day, i guess.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:14 AM   #269
wiccangoth_jnh13

it's FRIDAY THE 13TH! AND IM SOOOH HAPPY!

"it's FRIDAY THE 13TH! AND IM SOOOH HAPPY!"
I REALLY GOT THIS WEIRD FEELING..!
this is a real mojo day for me...!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:04 AM   #270
ohthefuckwell

what's that saying?....."of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most"?

people....you have NO idea.

ok, well, maybe not THE most, but it sure is a damned close second. more of a tie, actually.

i would cut off any number of my lesser appendages just to have a third of my old brain power back.

now...i was never einstein or socrates or hawking or anybody. but i used to be pretty fucking quit-witted. used to be one HELL of a problem solver. and damned creative, too.

i'm sick of wearing out my backspace key because i have now apparently taken over the reign of "typo queen", but my a-r/ocd tendencies cause me to constantly correct things. posts that would have once taken me 90 seconds, tops, to type now take me about 5 minutes. at least.

i'm tired of having to stop every few words in a conversation to say, "wtf was i talking about??" or "wait....i completely forgot where i was going with this."

hmmmm....maybe this should have gone in "whining".

whatever.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:59 PM   #271
Perfectly_Flawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohthefuckwell
i'm tired of having to stop every few words in a conversation to say, "wtf was i talking about??" or "wait....i completely forgot where i was going with this."
I do that a bit. Rant on, and somehow manage to talk about something completely irrelevant to what I brought up.

Essays were the worst ... I'd stray from my original point. My English mock-exam sucked ... I thought that I'd figured it all out and I began my argument. By the close of the opening paragraph I had convinced myself of the flip-side's credibility, realizing I didn't have enough evidence to support what I was saying. So then I started over. And, dun dun dun, it happened again ... somehow.

Well, that essay was fucked. My others were alright, luckily.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:25 PM   #272
ohthefuckwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohthefuckwell
now...i was never einstein or socrates or hawking or anybody. but i used to be pretty fucking quit-witted. used to be one HELL of a problem solver. and damned creative, too.
d'oh!!

see that ^^^?? prime fucking example.

"quick-witted".

geez.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:49 PM   #273
Perfectly_Flawed

Hey now ... don't be so hard on yourself.

... Or if you really want to, go physical. Take up rugby or an extreme sport.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:13 PM   #274
Ravena

So I was walking in the park, wondering why frisbees get bigger as they get closer, when it hit me.

D'oh!

Ravena
Old 02-14-2004, 06:22 PM   #275
PhilSmith

Random thought: Exactly how many people have the phrase 'You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same' (or words to that effect ) in their signature files, or on their t-shirts?
Closed Thread