Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 01-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #126
Godslayer Jillian

What's your point?
That I become statist because I call on your macho bluff?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #127
Deadmanwalking_05

Like you're a fucking Genius right?

And it wasn't a bluff,it isn't macho posture,that's who I am ,I follow the law but won't be shoved around,by anybody.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #128
KontanKarite

Deadman, despite the truth you may be saying about yourself, EVERYONE on the internet is going to think you're bluffing. There's nothing to really prove here and it makes no difference if Jillian believes you or not.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #129
Deadmanwalking_05

I don't care if he or anyone else thinks I'm bluffing.

Just stating the fact.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:15 AM   #130
KontanKarite

Then let them decide if they want to ignore facts or not and let it be that. :-/

Old 01-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #131
Deadmanwalking_05

Not a problem.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #132
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
I cross state borders almost every day. I've never needed "papers" to cross those borders.

You talk as if the United States have border patrols in every state, stopping every car on the road to check to see if their "papers" are in order.
So you don't need your papers if stopped by the cops? Not just traffic stops or random road checks, have you never seen the cops ask someone for ID? It is illegal in America to leave your house without ID. The cops don't usually enforce this in this strictest method, but since 9/11 they have been selectively using this law to go after all sorts of people (no just those of Arab backgrounds).

Also, try to board a plane, take an interstate bus, or book a vacation without showing papers and see how far ye get.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:32 AM   #133
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
The programme is called Project Exile... In the first two years the project resulted in a 40% drop in gun crime across the board - from armed robbery to murder. It moved Richmond from #5 in murders per-capita in America to like #30 something.
Sorry for the late response on this. I don't think this case study supports the case you want to make. The project in question toughens penalties on already existing gun laws to target career criminals... exactly the sort of thing that gun rights proponents propose as an alternative to gun bans. The NRA supported the project and even lobbied for it. Meanwhile it's still legal for law abiding citizens in Virginia to carry weapons. So does this really cut in favor of gun control of the type we've been talking about?
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:38 AM   #134
Drake Dun

Quote:
So you don't need your papers if stopped by the cops? Not just traffic stops or random road checks, have you never seen the cops ask someone for ID? It is illegal in America to leave your house without ID. The cops don't usually enforce this in this strictest method, but since 9/11 they have been selectively using this law to go after all sorts of people (no just those of Arab backgrounds).

Also, try to board a plane, take an interstate bus, or book a vacation without showing papers and see how far ye get.
You need papers to get on a plane or to operate a motor vehicle. Other than that you can walk around with nothing in your pockets but loose change. Or at least you could last I was in the States, and I frequently did. Has something changed in the meantime?

I have to carry ID with me in Japan, but that's only because I'm a foreigner. The natives can wander around without it.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #135
PortraitOfSanity

Nah you're technically required to carry ID even if you're just walking around, if you're over the age of 18. However, today it's more of a defunct law, since even if you don't carry ID, and you get stopped, the cops will just look you up in their system, which has all your info anyway. So they'll just let you go if you get stopped w/o ID these days.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #136
KontanKarite

Quote:

No, man. You come off as if they have these systematic checkpoints at every road around a border of a state just to see if you have an ID and that's just not true. This isn't like Nazi Germany or something.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #137
Deadmanwalking_05

You have to obtain a C.C.W. Permit (Picture ID that must be carried with you) if you plan on walking around with a covered handgun (Or go without the permit and open carry,but nothing can cover it or you'll be hit with a felony)

Old 01-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #138
PortraitOfSanity

The mere implication that you have a concealed weapons permit, Deadman, has caused me to lose faith in the government.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 01-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #139
Deadmanwalking_05

It's not an implication in fact I do have one.

And I carry every where I go if it's legal to do so in that area.

(Shopping malls,Restaurants,movie theaters,so on and so forth)

And not once have I lost my temper and pulled my firearm to settle an argument,or dispute,you would probably find that no matter what I type on here in real life I'm a pretty reasonable guy.

(You might even be shocked,by that fact)

Old 01-05-2009, 07:44 AM   #140
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05
It's not an implication in fact I do have one.

And I carry every where I go if it's legal to do so in that area.

(Shopping malls,Restaurants,movie theaters,so on and so forth)

And not once have I lost my temper and pulled my firearm to settle an argument,or dispute,you would probably find that no matter what I type on here in real life I'm a pretty reasonable guy.

(You might even be shocked,by that fact)
You bring a gun to the supermarket?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:06 AM   #141
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
You bring a gun to the supermarket?

Those honeydew melons are sneaky bastards Ophelia, and don't even get me started on eggplant.

-Mr. Filth
Old 01-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #142
Deadmanwalking_05

Yes I do.

And what might bug the shit out of kids (Like yourselves) is the fact that while sometimes my words are thrown about without care (Freedom of speech I'll be damned),my actions are not,unless in defense against death or bodily harm,meaning that if I return movies at the rental shop and the guy/girl behind the counter gives me shit for not rewinding the tapes (Yes I know we're in the DVD/Blue-Ray age)I don't pull my pistol and blow a hole through their face.

But if someone tries to use aggressive acts (Tries to kill me,kick my head in for no other reason than to rob me of my money,or just for the hell of it) I react by either kicking the hell out of them (In turn) or putting six rounds center of mass before they know what hit them.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #143
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
Those honeydew melons are sneaky bastards Ophelia, and don't even get me started on eggplant.

The bit about the honeydews reminded me of the Squidbillies.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #144
JCC

Quote:
Yes I do.

And what might bug the shit out of kids (Like yourselves) is the fact that while sometimes my words are thrown about without care (Freedom of speech I'll be damned),my actions are not,unless in defense against death or bodily harm,meaning that if I return movies at the rental shop and the guy/girl behind the counter gives me shit for not rewinding the tapes (Yes I know we're in the DVD/Blue-Ray age)I don't pull my pistol and blow a hole through their face.
You said you'd tell you a cop to go fuck himself if he just asked you to leave your car and kill him if he tried to take you out. You're real fucking patient and reasonable.

Quote:
But if someone tries to use aggressive acts (Tries to kill me,kick my head in for no other reason than to rob me of my money,or just for the hell of it) I react by either kicking the hell out of them (In turn) or putting six rounds center of mass before they know what hit them.
So, you're aware of the fact that you could just 'kick the hell out of them' but you still leave open the option of shooting them anyway, which leads me to believe that your shooting them wouldn't actually be a defensive manouvre at all, but accessory to your malevolent bloodlust and you blame it on them.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #145
gothicusmaximus

I had a good friend in New York City. He never called me by my name-- just "hillbilly". My grandpa taught me how to live off the land, and his taught him to be a businessman. He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights, and I’d send him some homemade wine.

He was killed by a man with a switchblade knife. For 43 dollars, my friend lost his life. I'd love to spit some beechnut in that dude's eye, and shoot him with my old 45! Cause a country boy can survive!
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #146
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
You said you'd tell you a cop to go fuck himself if he just asked you to leave your car and kill him if he tried to take you out. You're real fucking patient and reasonable.

So, you're aware of the fact that you could just 'kick the hell out of them' but you still leave open the option of shooting them anyway, which leads me to believe that your shooting them wouldn't actually be a defensive manouvre at all, but accessory to your malevolent bloodlust and you blame it on them.

I didn't say I would shoot a cop over a traffic stop or tell the cop to go fuck themselves, I said someone that tried to stop me for no other reason than to search my person or transport without cause. (Breaking the laws/Traffic Laws,the "Badge or not" comment was meant for a Border Agent acting way out of their jurisdiction,middle America instead of...oh I don't know....the FUCKING U.S. BORDER)

Not one word about shooting a cop.

And the reason I would leave the option of using my weapon open is because I don't know if that person would be unarmed or armed,never mind the fact that the attacker could have a friend or two ready to jump in and "help out" (The Wild card is always a bitch when it comes to any fight,because you don't know until it's over and I would rather live to tell about it).

Old 01-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #147
Godslayer Jillian

Good old pig thinking. He might be armed, killing him is self-defense, the courts will absolve me.
I can't believe you don't like cops. Who else could understand you better?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #148
Deadmanwalking_05

And you should be in the British house of commons who the hell else could understand you better?

See where this goes you insult me I insult you,it doesn't go much farther than that so why don't we just agree to disagree and let it go at that?

You have your idealist views and I'm stuck with my Realist views,you're right I'm wrong,I'm right your wrong,it's fucking boring.

It's just back and fourth.

You call me a Pig and I call you a Fool,it doesn't really get anything done.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #149
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicusMaximus
I had a good friend in New York City. He never called me by my name-- just "hillbilly". My grandpa taught me how to live off the land, and his taught him to be a businessman. He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights, and I’d send him some homemade wine.

He was killed by a man with a switchblade knife. For 43 dollars, my friend lost his life. I'd love to spit some beechnut in that dude's eye, and shoot him with my old 45! Cause a country boy can survive!
There is a drunken live version of this song where the friend's name is mentioned. i think it was Mike.

No relevance to the discussion at hand, just thought i'd share the useless bit of info.

Carry on.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #150
Godslayer Jillian

Only you think that. Pretty much the rest of the guys around here agree that you're an idiot. They can see why I make a parallel between your mentality and that of pig cops.
Your bullshit is not realism, it's just bullshit. The only thing more idiotic than your bravado being a bluff is that you could actually be serious.
I'm right, you're stupid. You think you're right, you think I'm wrong. You don't want to hear me; don't. My messages can be read by anyone, so don't think they're just for you. Don't tell me to stop because I won't. You are still a dick with the exact pig mentality you claim to hate.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: