Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
Opteron_Man

Angry I hate my Family!

Like I said, I hate them. I’ll tell you why. My entire family are:

-Closed-minded to new things
-Boring
-Bland
-Afraid of change
-cemented in their ways
-Antisocial

Explanation:
-No-one besides me embraces or wants to hear or talk about new ideas or anything that involves thinking. Especially not anything controversial. No-one seems to have any thirst for learning like I do. They are only interested in working even when they are not working.
And then bragging about how they are a hardworking bunch.
Also, nobody seems very outspoken about anything.
Everyone is so boring, period! everyone lacks the zest and spice I have.
No-one likes to step up to the plate and stand for something they believe in.
They're antisocial:
For example, in this family, I don't see anyone really getting together for Sunday dinner, or going to the movies, or having BBQ parties or basically gathering together like families typically do.
If you don't think like them and act like them they shun you.
No one will put their ass on the line for anybody, like back them up and stuff.
Oh and don’t go to them with problems, one family member was feeling sad about something so I listened to her talk about it on the phone for a few hours, that’s right, hours! And she felt better by talking about it. That’s cool, well I felt depressed one day about something and I wanted to talk to family about it and feel better and everyone I went to was like:
“hey I got my own problems, I don’t care, this is not my problem, go talk to a counselor.” What!? This is my family, my blood! I felt sad and I needed a little pick me up so I went to my family and I get this shit!? What a bunch of heartless backstabbing assholes! I would never hesitate to help them!
I am in a rough patch right now and I never hear dad or anybody say: “Don’t worry, no matter what happens, were a team and we’ll always stick together and we’ll love you no matter what” blah blah blah you get the picture. Sorry about the bad grammar, I’m just pissed off.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
electrosexual

That's a bit harsh :/

EVERYONE gets that with their families. They don't mean it. I'm sure you act that way without even knowing. From what you say, your family sound just like any other decent family. Every family has their flaws! I would never say I hate my family. You should be glad, some people go through a lot worse at the hands of their own family :/
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #3
Opteron_Man

Hmm, never thought of it that way electrosexual .
Old 03-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
prophecyofdoom

No one gets to choose their family. Our job is to love them as best we can, flawed tho they may be.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
Solumina

True, although that is easy for me to say as I got a good bunch (even if my brother is a bit of a fucktard)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
ionic_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
Like I said, I hate them. I’ll tell you why. My entire family are:

-Closed-minded to new things
-Boring
-Bland
-Afraid of change
-cemented in their ways
-Antisocial
Or you could say that they are:
-Dependable
-Diligent and persevering
-Easy to please
-Conservative
-Have formed useful routines and habits
-Polite and easy-going.

There are always good sides and bad sides to every family. You try to minimize the downsides and concentrate on the good things. Gratefulness really helps, too.

Some people (this is the "people are starving in India argument, but it is valid) have situations a bit worse than simply being bored to death with insensitive family members. Might be a good thing to remember, and, besides, maybe you can help introduce them to new and exciting things.

People can change. :-)

Anyway, I don't mean to be mean, but it might also help if you found some friends who DO invest in you emotionally. That can also be an aid to your emotional health.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
ApothoKeri

Well, I think most people get annoyed with family from time to time and often times we simply just don't have a lot in common with some or all family members. But when it comes down to it, aside from the extreme assholes in the world that use people on purpose, abuse, have major drug issues or mental problems and let it rule them, etc. most people really do try to do the best that they can. I doubt they do it to hurt you or annoy you on purpose. Try to just blow it off or maybe concentrate on the things that you do enjoy about them. We can't chose our families but we can try to make the best of it and work toward a happy place there. I am 35 and my parents still annoy me a LOT sometimes but they are good people and I do enjoy spending time with them most of the time even though we really do have vastly different outlooks on life.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
AngelikDemonik

It's your family--If you've NEVER had a disagreement with them, you'd be...well...weird.

I also don't think that you meant what you said about them either. People tend to say things that they don't mean when they're angry (I do this A LOT).

As for them being anti-social--Not so much. Someone who is anti-social engages in behaviours that go against the mores of society (like burning down a preschool, or something). Not having family dinners isn't anti-social. Maybe they're just all too busy.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #9
Opteron_Man

Oh damn I should have thought a little before I shot my mouth off.
Maybe they're not that bad, maybe it's me.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #10
Solumina

it isn't you and it isn't them, everyone has periods of time when they don't really like their families and you just happen to be going through one right now. just try and remind yourself of their good qualities and focus on when they do something for you instead of when they didn't do something you wanted them to.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #11
Opteron_Man

Unhappy

You see the thing is is that I told my mother that I didn't want anything to do with her, and that was like last November. Now I regret the way I was being an imature asshole by saying that. I don't really know how to go back to her and say I'm sorry and admit I was wrong. I can't believe I turned my back on family.