Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #5501
Catch

Is it me, or does it feel like the forums are slowing down? I hope it is because everyone is doing something. I'm fairly busy. Maybe more people are busy and not broke living on the street or community living thing and it is more important looking for a job at the library than chatting with us.

The recession is depressing.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #5502
Fruitbat

I'm angry with myself for not pushing myself hard at the gym. I've still got a cold and was tired from yesterday and I kinda slacked off a bit.

Also have to walk around and collect firewood around the property, so I'll need my muscles.. I hope I can find them - they have gone on holiday me thinks.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:36 AM   #5503
MissCheyenne

FUCK. People need to step up and take some goddamn responsibility for their lives. While posting provocative photos of yourself on facebook may be an easy way to gather compliments and offers of sex, I'm pretty certain it isn't go to do much to promote the healthy and happy growth of your son. Your barely into his teens son, who IS ON YOUR FUCKING FRIENDS LIST AND CAN SEE EVERY PICTURE YOU POST AND ALL THE FILTHY COMMENTS ATTACHED TO THEM.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #5504
honeythorn

I'm rather angry <_<

At work 3 weeks ago we FINALLY got the temps we asked for to help us with the workload, as our busiest time is coming up. 5 temps were sent and we were told to pick 2 for our section. The 2 we chose ( one lad and a woman ) have been great, they're nice people and they can both meet the target amount of product to be made per hour very well indeed.

They got called into the office last week, to be told that they have to apply for the jobs they are already doing. I presume this means applying for permanent positions instead of being agency staff.

It makes absolutely NO fucking sense. I was an agency worker when I started there, and I didn't have to do this, I just got taken on permanently by the company. Stef was taken on in the same way I was only a month ago, after working as a temp for over 8 months. Same for Karen.

These poor sods have been called by the agency, and told that they would be emailed an application form to fill out and return. They've told me it was a very in depth form, of the sort you'd have if you were applying for some top office job, with questions like " Please give an example of a situation, in which you presented an idea that was of benefit to the company "

WHAT..THE..FUCK?

Questions like that have ZERO relevance to running a machine in a fucking warehouse. You DO NOT require qualifications to do this job. I sure as hell don't have any that are relevant to my work, no one on the section does ( forklift licence aside and you don't even need that to work in my section )

To top it all off, they now have to have an interview. Some woman from a separate company ( that does interviews on behalf of other companies I presume ) is coming in to interview not only our temps, but other people who have applied for the jobs, as apparantly they have put out an ad that there is work going at our place.

This woman has never been to the warehouse, has never seen our section or the machines, has no clue how my job is done, and yet these Temps have to prove themselves to her in this interview, and show via the usual interview question & answer session , that they can do a job THEY HAVE BEEN DOING PERFECTLY WELL FOR THREE FUCKING WEEKS.

Why the hell do they have to impress this woman? She has no idea of what the work entails so she cannot possibly choose the correct candidate for the job. Qualifications and previous experience are absolutely meaningless here . I could teach a Ten year old how to do it, you don't need to be a fucking graduate.

They've been told they have to get changed into smart interview clothes and "dress to impress". THE INTERVIEWS ARE BEING HELD AT MY WORKPLACE. It's a fucking warehouse, it's dusty and slightly grimy. Dressing to impress this woman serves no purpose. Smart clothes won't make someone crank out 120 rolls an hour or imrove their chances of doing so. They will have to come into work at 8 AM, in their normal clothes, then go and get changed justbefore the interview into these smart clothes, have the interview, then get re-changed back into their workwear again.

WHY? What shitting purpose does it serve?

I have also been told that apparantly there is only one position available for the manufacturing section.

WHAT?

This also makes no sense. We are short of staff and still getting rising demand for product to be made. You NEED 2 people on the bulletin border machine, and you NEED two people on the bordette ( my machine ) to make the volume of work they are asking for. WE NEED BOTH OF THESE TEMPS.

We're also getting a new machine next month. That will require at least one person to run it, if not two, so again, why is there only one position available? If it's purely for that new machine, then why are both our temps being interviewed, when they wouldn't be running it anyway? They would be doing the jobs they're doing right now.

I feel so sorry for them. The woman I'm working with really needs this job, and she likes working at our place. She's good at what she does, and there is no logical reason for the company to refuse her ( or the lad) a position or give her job to someone who has never run this machine. She's a nervous person and has told me she's not very confidant, and doesn't tend to do well in interviews, as she feels very pressurised and highly uncomfortable. She's worried sick she won't get the job.

Why the fuck should I have to train a completely new person when she is just fine at doing the job? Why did they even bother sending us temps in the first place?

I feel like everyone's time has been utterly wasted, and I really can't get the back of what they're trying to achieve.

honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #5505
Fruitbat

HT - I think it's just a procedure they have to go through. sounds like someone got their butt kicked for being so casual about employing you and your friend.

Often it's just a formality. I've worked in heaps of places where people have had to apply for their own jobs - I had to do it when I went in as a contractor.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #5506
honeythorn

It most likely is but it still annoys me immensely.

It's also very unfair on the people from "outside" who are applying for the jobs. If the company has every intention of acepting both temps regardless of how they do in the interview, then basically all the people who are otherwise applying are going to have their time wasted and hopes built up for a job they will never get.

These people are going to be shown around the warehouse by Adrian and generally made to feel like they have a good chance of getting the job, when really it's already taken. There is no logic whatsoever in sacking perfectly good proven workers who are now trained to run the machines, in favour of someone who has never been near a bit of Bordette.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #5507
Versus

Fuck my life. That is all.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #5508
vindicatedxjin

I'm hungry hungry hippos.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #5509
Versus

Do you mean to say that you're playing the head games as a mating ritual?

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #5510
vindicatedxjin

Bahahah no.

I want food.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 03-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #5511
Versus

I know what you meant. :x I'm making an inside joke. It's become kind of a habit.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #5512
vindicatedxjin

I know. beans and cornbread

Bring Kontan Back
Old 03-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #5513
Versus

Do you know? Do you really?

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #5514
vindicatedxjin

Yes I do...I know all the time!

Bring Kontan Back
Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #5515
Versus

I bet you don't. ; ;

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #5516
vindicatedxjin

I KNOW i do.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 03-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #5517
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
It most likely is but it still annoys me immensely.

It's also very unfair on the people from "outside" who are applying for the jobs. If the company has every intention of acepting both temps regardless of how they do in the interview, then basically all the people who are otherwise applying are going to have their time wasted and hopes built up for a job they will never get.

These people are going to be shown around the warehouse by Adrian and generally made to feel like they have a good chance of getting the job, when really it's already taken. There is no logic whatsoever in sacking perfectly good proven workers who are now trained to run the machines, in favour of someone who has never been near a bit of Bordette.
Hun, I hear you. One of the questions I used to ask was "Is there anyone acting in the job?" - if there was, then I would never bother applying for it because the person in it usually got the position.

It's stupid but it is the merit based system. They need to cover their butts so if anyone who has applied for the job, and lost out complains, then at least they can show them that a proper recruitment process was followed.

Versus What's up? Did I forget to put your boots back in the right place? You know I sneak into your room and take your boots out for a date, while you are asleep?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #5518
Versus

Ask me later when I'm thoroughly drunk.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #5519
CarrionCorpse

Mum's boyfriend is drunk and calling people from fuck knows how long ago and asking how they are.
You would understand more if you heard HOW he talked.
It's the most annoying, loud, obnoxious thing ever.
He overcomplicates things, tries to sound like he knows everything ALL THE TIME, he pulls useless/fake facts and numbers out when he wants to appear smarter, and he always fucking quotes people from fuck knows how long ago.
"there was a man who once said in 1652..."
I literally want to rip his vocal cords out right now.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #5520
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
Mum's boyfriend is drunk and calling people from fuck knows how long ago and asking how they are.
You would understand more if you heard HOW he talked.
It's the most annoying, loud, obnoxious thing ever.
He overcomplicates things, tries to sound like he knows everything ALL THE TIME, he pulls useless/fake facts and numbers out when he wants to appear smarter, and he always fucking quotes people from fuck knows how long ago.
"there was a man who once said in 1652..."
I literally want to rip his vocal cords out right now.
Fill his face with uppercuts.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #5521
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I know what you meant. :x I'm making an inside joke. It's become kind of a habit.
I GET IT.

I love it when I'm in on lame inside jokes.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:01 AM   #5522
Khali-Witch

My rant is KILL ALL MACHO'S for their own safety!!!!
I hate them and want to GENOCIDE the whole population of them!!!!!!
They are just so .....argh!.............>[
Khali-Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:01 AM   #5523
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Ask me later when I'm thoroughly drunk.

Is it later yet?

I feel like utter and complete crap. I'm going to die..... I think I'll go orange, with pink dots..

awe fuggin' banana cockroach rapping dweedledubs..

Old 03-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #5524
ape descendant

Hang in there, batty, you'll feel better soon... eat some fruit!!!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #5525
Alan

I broke up with my girlfriend and no one wants to buy me a whore.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote