Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

View Poll Results: Whats your fave type of music?
rock 56 35.22%
punk 24 15.09%
heavy metal 69 43.40%
nu-metal 8 5.03%
pop 2 1.26%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2005, 01:28 PM   #101
Jane13

I love London After Midnight, but they're hardly old-school, if I remember correctly...
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:22 PM   #102
WolfMoon

creepylittleshit
Posted: Apr 22, 2005 - 01:30 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love Type O Negative. Whenever you hear them you know without a doubt who they are if you have heard them before. The blend alot of diffrent types of music together so I really don't think they can be properly classified as "goth metal" or whatever little title people like to slap on them.

xavakarahx
Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 07:47 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akercocke, Type O Negative, and Skinny Puppy

Solumina
Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 02:13 PM

You’re kidding right? Evanescence is good and all, but not the greatest of all time.

If I have to pick I would say the Beatles because they broke so many barriers besides being very talented, but my all time favorite would have to be Queen. I don't know if it was the insane flamboyance, his talent, or a mix of the two but you just can't beat Freddie Mercury.

I love you guys!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:32 PM   #103
xavakarahx

<3 Wolfmoon.
Type O Neg owns me
^__^
xavakarahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:25 AM   #104
mrculdesac

the best bands are- the rolling stones and leornard cohen, because with out them, there would be no black sabbath, no cure, and no sisters of mercy.
mrculdesac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:09 PM   #105
WolfMoon

The Rolling Stones suck ass.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #106
OnixxFilth

The Rolling Stones are ok, but I don't listen to oldies much.
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:50 AM   #107
black_fairy

My favourite band is Depeche Mode, maybe because my sister loves them too, and all my life I've been listening to them at home.. :roll:

About the best band ever... I think I can't choose a band to be the best of the world knowing that there're a lot of good bands I've never listened to.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:58 AM   #108
OnixxFilth

Well, I was basically raised on Aerosmith and 80's hair metal bands, and I still listen to them. I think every kid starts out listening to whatever their parents are listening to, and gradually develop their own musical tastes.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:49 AM   #109
CptSternn

Lets hear it for 80's hair metal. Motley CrUe & Killing Joke together on tour this summer! W00p!
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:35 AM   #110
OnixxFilth

Yeah, 80's hair metal rules! I think my favorites in that genre are Motley Crue and Skid Row.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:10 PM   #111
black_fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
I think every kid starts out listening to whatever their parents are listening to, and gradually develop their own musical tastes.
I think so too, but it is often determined by friends, although there are many exceptions, because, for instance, I only have one friend who listens to the same kind of music than me. However, I don't consider it a problem.. Sometimes I like feeling different from the others; you know, not a ewe more in the herd.... :roll:
Old 04-29-2005, 06:21 PM   #112
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Lets hear it for 80's hair metal. Motley CrUe & Killing Joke together on tour this summer! W00p!
If Vince Neil were still as hot as he was in the 80's, it might be worth seeing him on stage.But he's not and his singing skills aren't good enough to warrant the money it'd cost for the tickets.Maybe if it was free, but still.......nah!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:43 AM   #113
OnixxFilth

I only have one other friend who listens to the same kind of music I do, Beckie, who's kind of a punk/goth. All my other friends listen to pop, it seems, and "adult alternative".
Old 05-02-2005, 10:02 AM   #114
black_fairy

Here everyone listens to something called "reggaeton" or something like that. If you ever come to Spain, please don't listen to it; it's really awful! I'm afraid that you can have a bad image of Spain.. :?

I think in Latin America they have it too..
Old 05-02-2005, 12:35 PM   #115
OnixxFilth

Sometimes a band that mixes styles can be kind of interesting, though, like Skindred, who have this kind of metal & reggae thing going on. I think they're from England.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:24 PM   #116
Deadhymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
The Rolling Stones suck ass.
they do no such thing. people who think they suck simply because someone told them that the stones were legends suck ass. Once you realize how amazing that group of musicians is though, (and not because someone told you so), YOU may stop sucking ass. :wink:

There would be no Queen without the Stones. Type O cops their riffs. The stones brought (with the help of many bands like John Mayall's BluesBreakers) a lot of the darker sounding blues and soul influence into rock n' roll making it a much moodier and sometimes soulfull experience which eventually led to the shit we all listen to now.
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 05:14 PM   #117
BrokenDarkness

come on now pp lwe all know that we all thought cradle of filth, but not many woulda put it for they thought they woulda got bitched out. everyone was bad mouthing cradle. but we all listened to them, or at least most. CRADLE OF FILTH ... keep with the order of the dragon
BrokenDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:07 PM   #118
Deadhymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenDarkness
come on now pp lwe all know that we all thought cradle of filth, but not many woulda put it for they thought they woulda got bitched out. everyone was bad mouthing cradle. but we all listened to them, or at least most. CRADLE OF FILTH ... keep with the order of the dragon
YOU sir, are a fucking idiot. An illiterate no-typin'-skills idiot...
Old 05-24-2005, 10:03 PM   #119
creepylittleshit

Cradle of Filth was a cool band. Until they lost thier heart. I first started listening to them when I was thirteen and I'm twenty-one now. So I have been listening for a while and have seen thier decay.

When I first heard them they had broken up. I was very disappointed because I enjoyed thier music alot and I knew I would not hear anything new from them. Also there cd s used to cost anywhere from thirty-five to fifty dolloars because know one had really heard of them. I was poor and could not afford to buy all thier cd s and I was afraid they would disappear before I got money.

When they got back together I was very happy. Unfortunately the stupid cuntrags started to sell out. If you don't think this is so compare their older music with thier new shit ( and that is just what it is becoming )They can still play but the added fakenesss makes me wanna puke. They are really put too much drama into thier music now a days.

The more they got out there the more Marilyn Manson looking they got. Did you know they used to wear jeans? I mean they seriously lost their identity after becoming popular. I still listened though. Until I bought some of their newer videos. They were watered down pieces of shit designed to be MTV friendly. They even said it just like that!! That they were attempting to be MTV friendly with thier new music videos. Lets face it they were once a metal band. A real metal band, not some whiney bullshit thats been dumped out there into the mainstream.

Unfortunatly they are trying to obtain shock value and trying to censor themselves at the same time. Not gonna work. We all know its fake. Give it up already.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 05:40 PM   #120
Deadhymn

where did all of that come from? ....jesus... I dont think anyone was asking for yet another opinion on a band that seems to have too many of them floating about already...
Old 05-26-2005, 11:23 PM   #121
creepylittleshit

Sorry I just had to vent my frustrations. This was not the best place and time for it, but it came out anyway.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:28 PM   #122
sevenpointsofinanity

Best goth-ish bands: Bauhaus, early Cure, Joy Division, early Sisters, DeadCanDance, Death in June, Current 93, Siouxsie and the Banshees...
and of course my favourite of the bunch - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

My favouritest bands ever are Radiohead and the Smiths. Though they're not considered "GOTHIC" some of Radiohead's songs are really dark in very psychological way, as opposed to a "dramatic batcave" kinda way...if that makes any sense.
sevenpointsofinanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:05 AM   #123
Feuer_engel

:roll: ....All depends on the genre. I'm sticking with the Sisters on this one. The Cure is a close second.
Feuer_engel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:54 AM   #124
WolfMoon

Oh puh-lease!!!

Darren(who we all know as GOD on these boards, and you will too) put The Beatles as the best band ever. So don't worry about differing genres unless it says 'best goth band ever'.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:57 AM   #125
sevenpointsofinanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Oh puh-lease!!!

Darren(who we all know as GOD on these boards, and you will too) put The Beatles as the best band ever.
LOL!
Though I'm very inclined to agree with Darren, since *most* bands wouldn't even exist were it not for the Beatles, especially those I like lots. That's not to say I don't love them myself, cos I do. Alot.
sevenpointsofinanity is offline   Reply With Quote