Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-05-2008, 12:55 AM   #126
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Since you decided that Jillian's mistake needed to be pointed out and corrected I though I would do the same for you: assumtion should be assumption and criticise should be criticize.

Anywho onto the point of my post: didn't you say that you are now in the process of going back to school to be a nurse? As most nursing programs only require that you have a high school diploma (or GED) it is perfectly logical to assume that you had not previously completed any education past high school. I'm not criticizing you here, just laying out where the assumption that you had the children before you got an education most likely came from. Also while a lot of others have criticized you for not being better educated before you had kids I do think that it is admirable that you are choosing to go back to school, which is not an easy task for someone with children.
Fair enough, good point ont the assumption/criticism point. As for the nursing, in the uk in order to get into midwifery or nursing you need to have either A-levels or an access course. Because I chose to leave school at 18 with more GCSE's, and go straight into working within the childcare environment, where I then took evening classes aswell to enable me to work with and set up my own settings for children up to the age of 15, I didnt go to college to get the A-levels. So now, because they are forever changing the damn content of courses and examining bodies, and because of my age and being out of the education system for a few years now, I either re-take all my qualifications again just for the paperwork to say I have my underpinning knowledge, or I go to college, do a specified course to prepare for university and nursing/midwifery combined.
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:22 AM   #127
jack_the_knife

Actually you can spell criticize both ways, as one is the British-English spelling and the other the American-English spelling. But "assumption" was still wrong.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:31 AM   #128
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
Actually you can spell criticize both ways, as one is the British-English spelling and the other the American-English spelling.
Yay I learned something new
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:43 AM   #129
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
It was not an attempt. I did criticize you.

Well thats where we differ and why I think you are an idiot then, because I believe criticism should be based on fact - as in something the person being criticised has already said on the issue they are being criticised for. For example, I cannot criticise the way you dress, because I havent seen the way you dress or read any posts by you on the way you dress. Therefore I see your insistance that I am ill-educated, as nothing more than assumption.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:45 AM   #130
Alarica

and yes, I realise I made spelling mistakes in my reply to Solumina.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #131
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica
So paranoid about your weight you need to tell me your BMI in the vain hope I care? Hit a raw nerve did I?
No, just proving you wrong.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:27 AM   #132
Underwater Ophelia

Alarica, can I ask a serious question?

After four kids...is there any tread left on the tires?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #133
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
No, just proving you wrong.

You weren't proving anything, you were just attempting to make me feel bad for calling you fat. I dont. I just pity you because you STILL cant help yourself but mention my children, because it is all you have to talk about. That and your need to announce your BMI because I call you fat. You think I am a bad mother yet know nothing about me. I think you are a chubby ass child who draws on her face. But then, I am going by your pictures and need to tell me your BMI. That just tells me you struggle with your weight and it is obviously a touchy subject. Your constant immature need to mention my kids is kind of flattering. I suppose it keeps you off the streets at least.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:49 AM   #134
Alarica

Quote:
Alarica, can I ask a serious question?

After four kids...is there any tread left on the tires?
See? I feel so special. Actually, all this tells me is that you are jealous that I have children, and seeing as the common theme here seems to be assumption, I therefore assume that this is because either you cannot have children, or no man is willing to donate.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #135
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
You weren't proving anything, you were just attempting to make me feel bad for calling you fat. I dont. I just pity you because you STILL cant help yourself but mention my children, because it is all you have to talk about. That and your need to announce your BMI because I call you fat. You think I am a bad mother yet know nothing about me. I think you are a chubby ass child who draws on her face. But then, I am going by your pictures and need to tell me your BMI. That just tells me you struggle with your weight and it is obviously a touchy subject. Your constant immature need to mention my kids is kind of flattering. I suppose it keeps you off the streets at least.
Ok, hot stuff.

When you post a picture of yourself, we'll talk.
If I was as self-hating and insecure as you say, I wouldn't post pictures on the interwebs. You're a fool, so I didn't expect you to infer that. It's all right.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:56 AM   #136
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
See? I feel so special. Actually, all this tells me is that you are jealous that I have children, and seeing as the common theme here seems to be assumption, I therefore assume that this is because either you cannot have children, or no man is willing to donate.
So...no tread at all, then?

I wasn't assuming anything, I'm genuinely curious.
If I were assuming, I would have flat out said you don't have any elasticity in your vagina.

Don't use words if you don't know what they mean.

PS. You're right, I can't have kids--I'm on birth control.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #137
Alarica

Quote:
Ok, hot stuff.

When you post a picture of yourself, we'll talk.
If I was as self-hating and insecure as you say, I wouldn't post pictures on the interwebs. You're a fool, so I didn't expect you to infer that. It's all right.

Ah, so I see I have hit a raw nerve. Look at you getting all defensive now. So I'm slated for being defensive about my kids, yet you're getting your knickers in a twist because I call you fat. Hmmmm.

I didnt call you self-hating and insecure. I said you are touchy about your weight. I called you fat, not ugly. So take a chill pill sweetness. This is what is commonly known as FAIR PLAY. You are the one who chose to start this by constantly making personal digs at me about my children, who arent here to defend themselves. So therefore, I am getting personal with you, only you ARE here to defend yourself.

I dont post my pictures for good reason. I have far more respect for the general public. If you want to assume I am fat and ugly, self loathing etc, please feel free to do so. You assume everything else in your childlike manner.

The moral of this story honey, is not to start something when you cant even take less shit back.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:15 AM   #138
Alarica

Quote:
So...no tread at all, then?

I wasn't assuming anything, I'm genuinely curious.
If I were assuming, I would have flat out said you don't have any elasticity in your vagina.

Don't use words if you don't know what they mean.

PS. You're right, I can't have kids--I'm on birth control.
So you are atleast doing something right then. Still, it comes across as plain old jealousy to me when all you do is go on and on about my children. Why is my vagina so important to you? The fact I have been with the same man for over 15yrs should be a small indication that there is nothing wrong with the function of my pelvic floor. Again, not my problem if you have such issues about yourself. There are exercises you can do, ask your doctor.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #139
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Ah, so I see I have hit a raw nerve. Look at you getting all defensive now. So I'm slated for being defensive about my kids, yet you're getting your knickers in a twist because I call you fat. Hmmmm.

I didnt call you self-hating and insecure. I said you are touchy about your weight. I called you fat, not ugly. So take a chill pill sweetness. This is what is commonly known as FAIR PLAY. You are the one who chose to start this by constantly making personal digs at me about my children, who arent here to defend themselves. So therefore, I am getting personal with you, only you ARE here to defend yourself.

I dont post my pictures for good reason. I have far more respect for the general public. If you want to assume I am fat and ugly, self loathing etc, please feel free to do so. You assume everything else in your childlike manner.

The moral of this story honey, is not to start something when you cant even take less shit back.
I don't actually assume you're ugly or fat. I don't care either way.
Also--I never said ANYTHING about your children.

I asked if you would be ok with someone teasing them, because you're ok with teasing other people's children.

Once again, if you don't understand my posts, please don't respond to them.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #140
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
So you are atleast doing something right then. Still, it comes across as plain old jealousy to me when all you do is go on and on about my children. Why is my vagina so important to you? The fact I have been with the same man for over 15yrs should be a small indication that there is nothing wrong with the function of my pelvic floor. Again, not my problem if you have such issues about yourself. There are exercises you can do, ask your doctor.
Once again, it's not jealousy.
I was honestly curious.

And I know about the exercises, but I don't know how effective they are, what with not having had kids to test it out.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #141
Alarica

Quote:
I don't actually assume you're ugly or fat. I don't care either way.
Also--I never said ANYTHING about your children.

I asked if you would be ok with someone teasing them, because you're ok with teasing other people's children.

Once again, if you don't understand my posts, please don't respond to them.
And as I said, if you had the brain capacity necessary for basic comprehension, I dont tease other peoples children. Calling you child is entirely different. Granted you are someones child, but you are here of your own accord.

Also - you mention my kids in some fashion in most of your posts. I find it shocking someone who is clearly so popular has such a dim recollection of their own drivel. It's ok, you have issues about your weight, reproductive organs and family, I know.

And dont ASSUME that I do not know anything about birth control, simply because I have 4 children darling. I chose to have 4. It was a conscious decision. Although I do believe I dont really care that you are using birth control. Is that an attempt to prove your maturity to me? Because it isnt working. So, if you are finally done following me like a puppy, prattling on about the fact I have 4 children, then you wont need to keep addressing posts to me or about me, will you.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #142
Alarica

Quote:
Once again, it's not jealousy.
I was honestly curious.

And I know about the exercises, but I don't know how effective they are, what with not having had kids to test it out.

Then I suggest you ask your mother/sister/friends who have children, or equally slack fannied friends. Or just try them out for yourself. You may be surprised. Are you having problems in that area? Sex life not as good as it could be? Is that why you are curious as to how effective the exercises are perhaps?

Jealousy darling. Very unattractive. And the more you deny it, the more convinced I am, that I am right.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #143
Underwater Ophelia

...what the fuck?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #144
JCC

WARNING! WARNING!

Boring thread in the vicinity! Do not approach!
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #145
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
you mention my kids in some fashion in most of your posts.
No she doesn't.
She mentioned them once to make a point; they were nothing but props.
Then you called her retarded because she didn't know the exact number and ages of your children.
Afterward it's you who keeps herself repeating exactly the same fucking 'argument' ad nauseum with hopes that in one of the repetitions it will mean something.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #146
Necrophagist

JCC, so you keep posting on this thread because it's boring?

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #147
Bat Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Afterward it's you who keeps herself repeating exactly the same fucking 'argument' ad nauseum with hopes that in one of the repetitions it will mean something.
Yes as I said in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Attack
Alarica, your posts are getting rather boring and repetitive (and you call others parrots...), they mostly consist of how you are superior because you have 4 children, and therefore you know all and everything you say is right. You seem to use the fact that you have 4 children to back up every argument of yours. It’s as though you use them as shields - they must be rather battered by now.
Bat Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #148
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
JCC, so you keep posting on this thread because it's boring?
I'm trying to influence people into changing the subject from this boring ass-dribble.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #149
jack_the_knife

Absurdity. This thread has it in abundance.

( Yeah I know memes are lame but I couldn't resist... )
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #150
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I'm trying to influence people into changing the subject from this boring ass-dribble.
Instead of just changing it yourself...?