Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
Despanan

GOP House Leader: Neil Gaiman a "Pencil-necked geek and thief"

What a Dipshit.

Here's Neil's Blog, where he discusses it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Ben Lahnger

Oooph! Fail, fail, fail! Someone buy that man a clue. Or a one-way ticket out of office.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
PortraitOfSanity

The funniest part in reading through everything? Dean's mother made him apologize.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
Sinjob

Fuck this guy. What a teabagger.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
CptSternn

Is anyone really surprised the republican party is going after funding for the arts while raising money for more wars?

While I am not a fan by any means of churchill, he did have one memorable quote which I will repost here -

During WWII the british government was looking to cut arts funding so they could devote more money to the war effort. He then asked, 'Then what are we fighting for?'

The same still holds true today.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
Despanan

History judges a civilization by it's arts.
Quote:
Old 05-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Conservatives wanting to cut funding for the arts always perplexed me. It's the funding itself that actually ALLOWS conservatives to enjoy their high class art.
From what I could gather the salary for a Minnesota house is just over 31,000 annually, he probably isn't eating caviar at a lavish opera or anything.

I think its part of the anti-intellectualism trend that goes strong in conservative circles. After the Conservatives were elected here there was 45 million dollars of funding cut from arts and culture programs, and Harper said something about how ordinary folks don't care about the arts. Artists are rich elitists, donchya know?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
Despanan

The reason arts are "for the elite" is that wealthy elite fund the arts after the government cuts it's aid.

Capitalism literally takes the arts away from the masses, and the masses buy right into it because of propaganda and low levels of education.
Quote:
Old 05-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #9
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
History judges a civilization by it's arts.
History judges a civilization by how it treats the least of its people.

(i.e. the poor, sick, and handicap)
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:43 PM   #10
Alan

History judges a civilization by the values of the historian.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post

It very clearly does not.
Quote:
Old 05-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #12
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
History is written by the victor, so I say Wisconsin should Invade Minnesota in retribution for this outrageous offense versus one of our most prominent Wisconsinites. We can finally force them to get rid of the phrase "land of 10,000" lakes, its time the world realizes Wisconsin has more Lakes than Minnesota.

Then once that invasion is complete we shall move onto "michigan's" upper Peninsula and reclaim what is rightfully Wisconsin's!

Finally with the combined forces of the populations of all three states, we shall move onto California and force them to cut its dairy production, cease it's false claims that California cows are happy cows, and sign a treaty promising to never let it's dairy production rise again.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
Ben Lahnger

Renatus, did you have to make this be all about CHEESE?!?!? I'm still trying to live the stereotype down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post

Sternn, it absolutely does not. Epic Fail. The great societies of history are notable for their art and invention, but little value is placed on how the lower class was treated in determining how much significance a culture or era is given.

Just to name a singe example of many that are available, one of the most celebrated cultures/societies of all time is ancient Egypt, land of pyramids, pharaohs and treasured arts ... all built up by slave labor.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #14
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Renatus, did you have to make this be all about CHEESE?!?!? I'm still trying to live the stereotype down.
Search your heart, you know it be true.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post

Sternn, it absolutely does not. Epic Fail. The great societies of history are notable for their art and invention, but little value is placed on how the lower class was treated in determining how much significance a culture or era is given.

Just to name a singe example of many that are available, one of the most celebrated cultures/societies of all time is ancient Egypt, land of pyramids, pharaohs and treasured arts ... all built up by slave labor.
The Victorian era and Romantic Eras, still celebrated today by those in the gothic movement were built on exploitation of the lower classes and violent imperialism. No one gives a crap, we like their fashion, their paintings, their poetry, and their steamships.

The Greeks, long held up as Bastions of humanity and culture built their civilization on the backs of slaves. What do you think of when you think of Greece? Togas and Pillars and armless statues.

The Roman's conquered the entire known world and had a habit of crucifying their enemies and forcing their slaves to fight each other to the death. We remember chariot races, the Colosseum, and the Parthanon.

Again: History judges a civilization by it's art.
Quote: