Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:36 AM   #1
Disfunction

Expelled...

I've been sick for the past 70 days, at least, and through those days, I've missed about 12-14 days of school. Now, I just got a phonecall from my school's vice principal telling me that I've passed the "magic number" of days that I'm allowed to miss, saying that I missed 19 classes in two of my courses, and 15 in the other (and I only need one credit to graduate).

Prior to this, I'd been sick a couple of times, but this is out of the 40 days of school I've had as is. If I'd not been sick, I'd not be in this position, but thankfully for me, just as I'm gaining optimism, I get kicked where it counts by karma... or something.

So, at current, I'm feeling more or less like shit, and I've already burst into tears at the prospect of needing to stay back ANOTHER year... AGAIN. I'm even more worried about how my father is going to react. So, in the end, I'm feeling very, very depressed... very concerned... and more or less just scared.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:57 AM   #2
edible_eye

does your school system allow for something along the line of summer school to make up for that missing credit?
Old 04-20-2005, 12:03 PM   #3
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
does your school system allow for something along the line of summer school to make up for that missing credit?
Yeah, but the only downside is that the university is going to take away my acceptance.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
AlKilyu

Don't they have an appeals proccess?
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:29 PM   #5
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Don't they have an appeals proccess?
It would be news to me if there was. That whole concept is new to me.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:57 PM   #6
AlKilyu

There is here anyway. I believe it involves your teachers signing off on a form saying you deserve credit for that term, them it's submitted to a counsel of the principals and others.

It's worth it to ask at least.

OH and a note from the doctor saying that you were sick...that was the other thing you need...
Old 04-20-2005, 01:17 PM   #7
edible_eye

if canada is anything like america in terms of education, alkilyu is exactly right. bring the facts and appeal. a medical excuse is absolutely valid, if you show initiative to make up the work you missed.

contact admissions at the university and discuss it.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:48 PM   #8
Disfunction

I'm longing for the days when I was rarely absent and didn't have need of concern for such things... Oh well.

I'm going to be going in tomorrow morning and it will be discussed; I'll get a doctor's note if need be. I hope I'm mistaken and that there's still a chance.

Old 04-20-2005, 01:59 PM   #9
Binkie

Yeah, maybe if there's any higher authority like a board of education. There has to be some sort of leeway in the educational system for medical illness being just cause for absenteeism. Hopefully you can get your folks on board for this process. It'll help go a long way.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:33 PM   #10
creepylittleshit

If you don't mind me asking, what are you sick from?
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:31 AM   #11
Disfunction

Update:

As I suspected, as is usually the case, I was making things out to be worse than they really were by referencing unfair comparisons, such as a friend that skipp 15 days of school and ended up being expelled. My experience however reflects minimal skipping and a high number of parent approved absences (anytime I skipped, I refused to sign myself out based on principle; being 18 and all).

But here's what it boils down to: I have to pray that the university, upon seeing my attendance record, doesn't suddenly pull back its offer of admission. So we shall see, in time, how all of this pans out.

...I'm a stressed little catholic school boy that is in desperate need of a nap.

Thanks for your support, and sorry for taking it further than I really should have.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:33 AM   #12
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepylittleshit
If you don't mind me asking, what are you sick from?
Sad thing is, my doctor doesn't even know. Oh well.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #13
WolfMoon

Mad cow disease.

:shock:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:51 AM   #14
Binkie

Whew! That's a relief.

And as long as you have good grades, attendance shouldn't matter entirely too much, unless you were held back because of it. After all, people will get sick and miss school. If anything, they may inquire into it, but as long as they're excused absences, it shouldn't be a problem.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:45 PM   #15
GothHyena

Down to earth if possibly unwelcome reality check: Just go back next year. I dropped out my senior year in high school, Yes, senior year. It was my mom's idea, yes my mom's. She thought I was going a little nuts which was true though it wasn't school. I went back a year and a half later and graduated. I felt much better driving home from the graduation with my '72 Superbeetle granduation present. Godspeed.
GothHyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:24 PM   #16
edible_eye

i THINK the moral of this story is - next time you feel like whining, disfunction - take a look at your avatar and follow its commandment.

thank you.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:52 AM   #17
winged_dreams

Doctor's excuses and the like should help you. It stinks that you don't know what's wrong with you. Anyways, I hope the college doesn't reject your application. *hugs* Good luck!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:58 AM   #18
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Mad cow disease.

There's no need for name-calling!!

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:27 AM   #19
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
...I'm a stressed little catholic school boy that is in desperate need of a nap.

Thanks for your support, and sorry for taking it further than I really should have.

Shut up.

That's a stressful thing, I know, it happened to me. How do you think I knew so much about it?

Nothing wrong with you getting on here and venting, I would too.

Glad it all worked out.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:41 AM   #20
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Mad cow disease.

There's no need for name-calling!!

Sorry I called you mad.

;P
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #21
pheonixwolfgirl

Quote:
It would be news to me if there was. That whole concept is new to me.

If you were sick and this is college, most colleges have what is called a "Hardship withdrawal" It means that you neither pass, nor fail the class. My brother has had to battle with anorexia, bulemia, and chronic depression for years, and when he had problems with it cropping up in his actions again, it effected his schoolwork so that he missed several days. Appeal to the board for a Hardship withdrawal and be prepaired to provide Dr's notes on your illnesses for all treatment, and just in case, keep all documentation that you were really ill and not just "faking it".

It's probably not going to get your money back, but at least you'll be able to stay in school!
pheonixwolfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:58 AM   #22
Spazik

Damn school. Drop out and invent something like the Counterstrike Kids.
Spazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:05 AM   #23
Disfunction

Wow. Talk about bumping!

Thank and all, but you're about 5 months late.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:19 AM   #24
Spazik

Quote:
Wow. Talk about bumping!

Thank and all, but you're about 5 months late.
So what happened, then? Did you fight the man(FIGHT THE MAN!)?
Spazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:22 AM   #25
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazik
So what happened, then? Did you fight the man(FIGHT THE MAN!)?
The man was on my side and just using scare tactics. I only missed one class for the rest of the year, and it was an unnecessary one anyway. I raised my average from 75 to an 80 and all that fun stuff.