Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:26 AM   #1
Marko

what Frightens you most?

what frightens you most whether its something that you WERE, ARE or WILL be frightened of in your life..?

I used to be frightened of lightning because i saw loads of news on TV about lightning striking people because things conducted it..

But now i just don't care. If it happens, it happens...

YOUR TURN!!! =D
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:04 AM   #2
Marko

Talking

Chances of it happening are very thin and i was young then ^^ so it thought all kinds of shit would happen..
Old 07-24-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
Alaizabel Cray

I think this might belong more on the General board... but hey, I'm bored, so I'm gonna go along with it anyways.

Spiders. Scare. The crap. Outta me. *shudder* I just can't stand the way they move, with each leg totally independant of the others. With just about anything else with legs, at least one otherleg has to move in order to stay balanced, but spider's legs move on their own which looks really creepy. Also, when I was really little, my grandpa used to point out all the spiders to me and say they were coming to get me, because it made me run and jump up onto his lap which apparantly was just so cute at the time. Apparantly, even though I don't remember that far back, it's kind of stuck in my brain now that spiders are going to eat me alive.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I'm most scared of someone I love getting sick or dying.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:22 PM   #5
Alaizabel Cray

Ah. I used to be really afraid of that too, my little sister was sick all the time.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:48 AM   #6
Marko

yeah that kind of thing is actually worth being afraid of.

But funnily enough i'm aracnephobic lol. Alot people are afraid of spiders.
I'm mostly scared because of the fact that i saw one jump down two steps which is far for a spider and is not what i expected. I have no problem punching them or standing on them with only socks on but then i'm always looking around incase there are any more.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:44 AM   #7
Child_of_Fury

I'm insanely afraid of getting dishonored/ashamed/embarrassed...

It's hard to explain, really, but that is the only thing I really fear. Say, I'm not afraid of dying in a car accident - as long as I didn't cause it. If I caused a car accident, I would definitely be ashamed, even if I died in it.

I feel pretty weird, telling this to you... but that's the case.
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:17 AM   #8
PersephoneX

i'm terrified of being alone...pathetic as it is...
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:19 PM   #9
Alaizabel Cray

Fear of being alone isn't pathetic, a lot of people have it. Personally, I like being alone. I'm one of those odd people where, if you give me a small space where I can fit but not be cramped, I'll be happy forever. Kind of like that show, Kyle XY, where Kyle sleeps in the bathtub? Haha, I'd sleep in the tub too, if I could.

I find it odd that spiders are my only real fear. There are things that might make me nervous, but that I can totally handle should I need to. Spiders, though... tend to give me panic attacks if I'm in the same room with one for more than 5 or 10 minutes. Reminds me of 7th grade science class... we're observing different animals and insects in jars of formaldehyde, and my group (sadly me, and 3 jerks) gets to the arachnid table. I scoot my chair as far back as I can and try not to look at anything and just breathe until it's time to switch tables. Jerks catch on to the fact that I'm absolutely terrified of spiders. Jerk #1 grabs a jar with a tarantula in it, shake it a little so the spider is therefore moving, and shoves it in my face. I thought I was going to die, it was horrible.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:33 PM   #10
cradle

I fear being left by the one I love, not by family because I know theyll always be there for me in life and death...but I mean my future wife.
I KNOW that shell never leave me or anything, but I can't help thinking.

call me stupid but she broke up with me and went out with another guy for a month and I KNEW that she still was in love with me, she just didnt know what to do, but a month later she broke up with that guy and went back out with me...she says she wants to forget any of that ever happened as if we never broke up...ah im rambling now...

Oh I'm also afraid of getting a spider bite or some shit or getting an infected cut on my arm and get it amputated...because I play guitar...
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:44 PM   #11
Dreaming Vendetta

I fear getting killed suddenly without knowing what's happening. It's hard to explain, but I am absolutely freaked out by the thought that I could be walking down the sidewalk and get shot or get an aneurysm and die without ever realizing that I was dying. Just alive one moment and not the next. It's not so much the concept of dying so much as it is not getting a chance to say my goodbyes or see the people I love one last time. That's what happened to my grandfather a few years ago (sudden heart attack), and since then I can't get it off my mind.

On a somewhat lighter note, I also fear walking through spider webs. I know it sounds silly, but I can't stand wondering if the spider is on me or not. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much, I mean it's easy to deal with a spider, but the thought of one secretly crawling around in my hair just bugs me. Sorry to anyone who likes spiders.
Dreaming Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:21 AM   #12
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
I am most freaked by merciless cruelty. When in a movie I see someone just about to get a hand cut off and he is screaming "please, don't....NOOO, please!" then I get a shiver down my spine. If he wasn't screaming this, then I would hardly consider the episode disturbing. But that's why in movies they usualy do scream.

It's always disturbing when an nasty accident happens to someone for no reason. That just underlines the fact that in life there are so many things we can't control and no matter what you do, you aren't safe. If in a movie some creepy zombie or whatever else the producers come up with attacks a person on the street that just happened to be there, then it is scarier than if the same zombie was following and finaly bloodily destroying someone who it wanted revenge on for ages.

Otherwise, I am totaly afraid of deep oceans. I just need to imagine this endless in all directions blue nothig, then I start shivering like a half fried chicken. All you need to add is a huge wale swimming around and I can't look at the TV screen anymore.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #13
Shadow girl

Mine are being touched (which makes it hard at the doctor) and being restrained.
Shadow girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:23 AM   #14
Veira

I used to be terrified of butteflies. For no reason at all. I remember when I was about 7 or so, my family brought me into this big greenhouse like area in a science museum. At first glance I thought, "Oh, how nice, lots of pretty plants and flowers". But then, butterflies. Everywhere. I started screaming and crying and hid over by the fish tanks for the rest of the time. I still am creeped out by butterflies, though.

Tornadoes also scare me. Even though the weather right before one [even if it doesn't touch down] is so lovely and delightfully eerie.

I think surgery is my biggest fear. I've always hated the concept. Especially after hearing about the rare cases of anasthesia awareness. In fact, a few months ago I was scheduled to have my tonsils out. This terrified me. I spent hours researching hospital horror stories online and memorized all sorts of random statistics. In the actual hospital room, before the IV was put in I was babbling frantically, reciting all these statistics and dangers of surgey and all sorts of gibberish. "Are you SURE I won't die??" I would ask the doctors repeatedly. I was such a pain. But I was certain something would go horribly, horribly wrong. and eventually I couldn't go through with it and my mom and I left. Much to her disdain. (Though in all truth my tonsils weren't affecting me all that much..)
Veira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:28 AM   #15
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I'm afraid of losing the ones I care about and love the most. I am also frickin scared shitless of needles and spiders. I HATE THEM BOTH!!!! Especially of neeedles.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #16
Alaizabel Cray

Oh, Veira, surgery scares the crap out of me too. And I've got plenty of horror stories to freak anyone out from the 7 surgeries my sister went through. *shudder* I don't even know what exactly I'm afraid of. It's not that I'm afraid of not waking up, I don't fear death, I would just feel horrible for the people I left behind. Its just... willingly subjecting yourself to being pratically dissected alive... it's a horrifying concept.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #17
bulletsinmyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaizabel Cray
Oh, Veira, surgery scares the crap out of me too. And I've got plenty of horror stories to freak anyone out from the 7 surgeries my sister went through. *shudder* I don't even know what exactly I'm afraid of. It's not that I'm afraid of not waking up, I don't fear death, I would just feel horrible for the people I left behind. Its just... willingly subjecting yourself to being pratically dissected alive... it's a horrifying concept.
I'm terrified of surgery, too. I know so many people that have had it and they tell stories that would make your skin crawl. Ugh!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #18
bulletsinmyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I'm afraid of losing the ones I care about and love the most. I am also frickin scared shitless of needles and spiders. I HATE THEM BOTH!!!! Especially of neeedles.
I've always hated needles, too. I have to go to the dentist and get a filling tommorow, so I'll be around needles and god only knows what else. *Shudder*
Old 08-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #19
bulletsinmyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veira
Tornadoes also scare me. Even though the weather right before one [even if it doesn't touch down] is so lovely and delightfully eerie.
Same here.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #20
cradle

The sky turns green before most tornados, I love it.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #21
bulletsinmyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradle
The sky turns green before most tornados, I love it.
It looks cool, I'm just scared of the dangerous part. If they weren't dangerous, I'd sit and watch tornadoes forever.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:24 AM   #22
Tanzanari

Suffocation.
And my pet frog terrifies me. But that's because he sometimes tries to jump out of his tank (he's completely aquatic) and then he would dry up, stop breathing, and be crispy. Tiny animals trying to kill themselves scares me.
Tanzanari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #23
XxDeranged InsanityxX

The things that frighten me most are spiders,clowns,being held down,being touched,being wrong,being right (weird i know), and public speaking....i know most of them are stupid but oh well.
XxDeranged InsanityxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:18 AM   #24
Glitter girl

My frightened exams and strong wind, death....
Glitter girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #25
GreenSleeves

I'm a self-diagnosed hypochondriac. I'm always worried that I have this disease or that form of cancer... There's been a few times where I have convinced myself that I'm having a heart attack or an aneurysm.

Yeah, I'm weird.

Oh, and I hate spiders, too. Not the baby ones, but the hairy ones that seem to always be in my bathtub.
GreenSleeves is offline   Reply With Quote