Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #726
Mr.Doobie

Damn editing time limit, I just remembered another piercing related question...

Does anyone know how much nipple piercings hurt for a girl? My girlfriend wants to get it done, and keeps asking me how much it will hurt (because I got mine done). I don't think I can give her good perspective on this for two reasons...

1 - I'm a "Mr." Doobie. Girls nipples are more sensitive. You do the math.

2 - I'm an inhuman fiend with a very high tolerance for pain (apparently), particularly where needles are concerned. People have asked me for advice on what certain piercings feel like before, I always tell them "it didn't really hurt that much" and these people always come back crying about how I lied to them and that getting the piercing was like being penetrated by Satans great, flaming, shit-covered dick. Thus, I don't feel like my description of the pain would do much justice to the experience anyway.
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #727
MissCheyenne

I used to have both nipples pierced and it didn't cause a significant amount of pain when I had it done. Throbbed after though. In fact, it hurt more getting my lip pierced than having my nipples done.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #728
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post
Damn editing time limit, I just remembered another piercing related question...

Does anyone know how much nipple piercings hurt for a girl? My girlfriend wants to get it done, and keeps asking me how much it will hurt (because I got mine done). I don't think I can give her good perspective on this for two reasons...

1 - I'm a "Mr." Doobie. Girls nipples are more sensitive. You do the math.

2 - I'm an inhuman fiend with a very high tolerance for pain (apparently), particularly where needles are concerned. People have asked me for advice on what certain piercings feel like before, I always tell them "it didn't really hurt that much" and these people always come back crying about how I lied to them and that getting the piercing was like being penetrated by Satans great, flaming, shit-covered dick. Thus, I don't feel like my description of the pain would do much justice to the experience anyway.
I'm not one of those douchebags who are like "tattoos don't hurt piercings don't hurt getting hit in the knees with a hammer doesn't hurt," but...honestly...it didn't hurt. I felt a pinch, but honestly no pain when I got my nipple pierced.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #729
Pineapple_Juice

Yeah it didn't really hurt for me either, it just felt really hot. Not "sexy" hot, but legit temperature hot. The first one I didn't even feel, but the second one I was ready for so it pinched a teeny bit. I think it was psychosomatic. Mostly they just got super warm.

Tell her who gives a shit if it hurts or not, and to stop being such a bitch. The pain lasts like two seconds. If she wants them, tell her to get them and fuck the pain.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #730
UltraNEO*

Has anyone ever removed a piercing for one reason or another? Perhaps due to work or family dislike? Then later in life you want to return to wearing it? How you get it back in? I'm asking because a few years ago I had a couple of labrets done, only at the time I didn't think my family would take it all soo damn bloody personal (orientals).

It's like my lip, my body.. therefore I should theoretically have the right to embellish and abuse it, no? Well... anyway, I compromised... bad move

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #731
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNEO* View Post
Has anyone ever removed a piercing for one reason or another? Perhaps due to work or family dislike? Then later in life you want to return to wearing it? How you get it back in? I'm asking because a few years ago I had a couple of labrets done, only at the time I didn't think my family would take it all soo damn bloody personal (orientals).

It's like my lip, my body.. therefore I should theoretically have the right to embellish and abuse it, no? Well... anyway, I compromised... bad move
You're going to have to get it re-pierced broseph.
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #732
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNEO* View Post

Yeah you gotta get it redone, the hole is closed. You pretty much just stabbed yourself in the face with a dull piece of metal.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #733
MissCheyenne

Weird, how long does the hole for a labret take to heal up in general? Mine has never closed up fully so even after months of not wearing anything in mine, all it takes is me pushing a thinner earring or something through it, wriggling it about a bit and it's fine to put my bar back through.

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #734
Saya

I think it depends on how long you've had it. I had my ears pierced when I was three or four, I stopped wearing earrings years ago but the holes, I still has them.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #735
MissCheyenne

I had the labret done ten years ago. Damn, that makes me feel old.

I am your slice of pie
Old 03-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #736
Pineapple_Juice

Cartilage piercings are sort of like that too. The skin heals over but I think the cartilage still has a hole in it-someone tell me if I'm wrong?
Old 03-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #737
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post
I wouldn't go that far, but having my nipples pierced was probably the most painful thing I've experienced.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #738
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I wouldn't go that far, but having my nipples pierced was probably the most painful thing I've experienced.
Do you live in a bubble?
Seriously, even if you have sensitive nips or whatever, the needle should be sharp such that you don't feel much.

It may have been done by a moron, too, if it hurt that bad.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:23 AM   #739
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Do you live in a bubble?
Seriously, even if you have sensitive nips or whatever, the needle should be sharp such that you don't feel much.

It may have been done by a moron, too, if it hurt that bad.
I don't think it's a bubble. I've been blown up before, and I'll still stand by that the nipple was worse.

But it was done in said moron's basement as practice.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:34 AM   #740
*Twitch

The location doesn't really have much to do with it, it won't hurt less being in a studio :P But if he was an apprentice, then yes, his touch was probably not as deft as it could have been.

My nipples didn't hurt too much when they got pierced, but getting my septum done was fucking awful. Peeps with multiple cartiledge piercing, do they all feel about the same?
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #741
Versus

I know. I just wanted to mention that because I thought it would help convey how much of an amateur she was. She didn't have an apprenticeship or anything... she was more like a fan.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #742
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I know. I just wanted to mention that because I thought it would help convey how much of an amateur she was. She didn't have an apprenticeship or anything... she was more like a fan.
Yeah, I mean that's obviously a special case.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #743
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Twitch View Post
The location doesn't really have much to do with it, it won't hurt less being in a studio :P But if he was an apprentice, then yes, his touch was probably not as deft as it could have been.

My nipples didn't hurt too much when they got pierced, but getting my septum done was fucking awful. Peeps with multiple cartiledge piercing, do they all feel about the same?
My septum hurt like a bitch too, worst piercing I've ever had. It's not supposed to hurt hardly at all though.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #744
Saya

Question:

I'm probably going to have to have dental work done later in the year, namely having my wisdom teeth removed. I also want a labret. Should I wait til after the dental work is done to get one, or will it matter?

Did I ask this before? I can't remember now.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #745
Murder.Of.Crows

I would wait afterward, I had to take out my tongue piercing for some dental work. It healed during the 15 minutes I was in there.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #746
Saya

Does it make a difference if I say that the dental work will probably have to wait until the fall/winter?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #747
Murder.Of.Crows

Well, lip piercings will take up about two or more months to heal up. It shouldn't be a problem as long as you can take it out without the hole closing up. You will have to take the piercing out before they touch your mouth. At least I was told that, I can't imagine too many dentists having different procedures. So, you should be good, as long as you do it some time soon.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #748
Versus

I don't know why it would be a problem. It should be healed by then.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #749
Saya

Because in my mind dentists are sadistic fascists who wield pure pain.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #750
Versus

Mail him an uppercut a little bit before you have to see him. He'll get the message.

-Breathin, Tupac.