Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
Jakk Sidious

Jakk Sidious

HELLo, JELLo, Im gonna TELLo...You all a bit about myself.

1. I enjoy listening to AND making music, Smoking (Tobacco, Cannabis, and many other herbs), Fishing, Swimming, Walking, Eating, The Night, Fog, Wandering Graveyards, Reading, Writing, Cooking (But mostly eating), Watching Movies, Playing Video Games, Shooting Pool, Shooting Guns, Darts, Playing Cards (Texas Hold 'em is my favorite), Chillin with the villains who call themselves my friends...

2. I am from a town known as Redding, located in Northern California.

3. My top 3 favorite authors are; Stephen King, J.R.R Tolkien, and KONSTANTINOS.

4. I have too many favorite films to list, but here are a few...
The Crow, The Matrix (all), X-Men (All), Lord Of The Rings (All), The One, Desperado, The Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black, Kill Bill 1 and 2, Rose Red, Tomb Raider, Interview With A Vampire, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Iron Man, Ghost Rider, The Grudge, Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children, Pirates of the Carribean (ALL), Time-Machine(Newer One) Pineapple Express, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas...

5. Music played at my wedding hmm... Maybe some Cradle Of Filth, Nox Arcana, and also some Velvet Acid Christ for afterwards...

6. Music at my funeral would be... Cradle Of Filth, Deadstar Assembly, Rush, Dream Theater, and The 69 Eyes...

7. I don't know how I will die... Death will come when the time is right, and when he does we will light up a bowl of the best deadweed in the afterlife, then go chill with hades and eat some underworld mushrooms and see what happens from there...

8. Just a black coffin will do after I die...

9. My favorite outfit...It Varies, but... Some black jeans with bloodstains on them, a home-made t-shirt I made thats black with slits on the chest that reveals red material, a pair of combat boots, my skull-clock necklace and my anhk, my spiked bracelets and my rings, and either my trenchcoat or my leather jacket...

10. One thing I miss about being a little kid is having my mothers home-made chicken tacos every other night...

11. I have too many favorite bands to name, but some of them are... Cradle Of Filth, Deadstar Assembly, Velvet Acid Christ, The 69 Eyes, Wednesday13, Calabrese, Nevermore, Combichrist, MushroomHead, Daylight Dies, Keep Of Kalessin, Alice In Chains, Rush, Dream Theater, and Kamelot...

12. I completed highschool, then tried out college and decided it wasn't for me...

13. Why did I join? Well, I thought to myself for a moment and said to myself "ah what the hell"...

14. My gender is Male...
If there is anything else you would like to know about me, feel free to send me some fresh deer jerky via UPS, send me a message and I will reply once my package has arrived...
Jakk Sidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
Stormtrooper of Death

Points for Rush, those guys rule.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
Jakk Sidious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death View Post
Points for Rush, those guys rule.
YEAAA!!!! I had the privilege of seeing them live 3 times, twice during the vaportrails tour 5th row at Concord CA and 12th row at Marysville CA, and once at the 30th anniversary tour (Concord CA again) 3rd row right in front of Alex Lifeson!!!! They were all good shows.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Angelic Dissonance

Combichrist is the shit. Alice In Chains is the shit. Rush is the shit. Especially Tom Sawyer.
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
Jakk Sidious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance View Post
Combichrist is the shit. Alice In Chains is the shit. Rush is the shit. Especially Tom Sawyer.
Hell yea! I've liked Rush since 6th grade and Alice in chains since highschool, I'm almost 23 now and I recently got into Combichrist after a friend sent me the new album "Today We Are All Demons" in the mail...
Old 03-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
Alan

Damn. I'm going to have to make a preface to this before SoD gets all whiny: this is NOT about you!

Now, on with it. Rush? It pisses me off so much that they're so into Ayn Rand.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Mariner

I love Kamelot. Welcome.
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
Jakk Sidious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Damn. I'm going to have to make a preface to this before SoD gets all whiny: this is NOT about you!

Now, on with it. Rush? It pisses me off so much that they're so into Ayn Rand.
Is it because of her philosophy? I never took any of Rush's lyrics the way that she inspired them, thats the beauty and freedom of music...we all have freewill and free-thought. Music and lyrics can be taken in any way the mind and heart of the listener prefers... And some of Rush's music explains that, thats one of the things that I love most about them...
Old 03-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
Jakk Sidious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
I love Kamelot. Welcome.
Thanks Mariner. Yea Kamelot is awesome, I would love to see them live. I had the opportunity to once in Denver, but I had to watch my nephew for my brother who was going to school...
Old 03-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #10
PortraitOfSanity

I can't find anything to bash.

Somehow, I've lost interest in this thread.

Welcome then.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
Jakk Sidious

Haha, thanks PortraitOfSanity.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:36 AM   #12
Stormtrooper of Death

Don't listen to Alan, he's a douche and we fight often, but welcome, stick around, things need to be shaken up around here!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:46 AM   #13
MissInformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakk Sidious View Post
YEAAA!!!! I had the privilege of seeing them live 3 times, twice during the vaportrails tour 5th row at Concord CA and 12th row at Marysville CA, and once at the 30th anniversary tour (Concord CA again) 3rd row right in front of Alex Lifeson!!!! They were all good shows.
I saw the 30th anniversary tour in Hartford. We opted for lawn seating, so we were not close enough when they had the dryer going and they started tossing t-shirts
MissInformation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:03 AM   #14
cultistofvertigo

Quote:
Rush? It pisses me off so much that they're so into Ayn Rand.
You know, I'll bet if you built a city at the bottom of the ocean based completely on Ayn Rand's ideal society, it would eventually be overrun with... robots or something. I'm actually not to clear on the plot of Bioshock. Forget I said anything. Although I do think it's hilarious that the only thing I can think of when Ayn Rand is brought up is a video game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death View Post
Don't listen to Alan, he's a douche and we fight often, but welcome, stick around, things need to be shaken up around here!
Maybe you're the douche! You douchy McDoucherson! And I disagree. I don't see any fights around here. Either I'm not reading the attitude some comments are written in correctly, or I'm not looking on the right threads.

You know what would be HILARIOUS?! If SoD really thought I was callling him a douche, and was all "you're a douche, we're having a fight right now!" That would be so funny. Make it so.

Oh, and, uh... you like VAC? Me too! We have so much in common! Let's be best friends!
cultistofvertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #15
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Is it because of her philosophy? I never took any of Rush's lyrics the way that she inspired them, thats the beauty and freedom of music...we all have freewill and free-thought. Music and lyrics can be taken in any way the mind and heart of the listener prefers... And some of Rush's music explains that, thats one of the things that I love most about them...
Go listen to Screwdriver and then say that bullshit.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #16
Pineapple_Juice

There's bloodstains on your pants?

You tacky sonofabitch.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #17
Ben Lahnger

*imitating John McEnroe* - "YOU CANNOT BE SIDIOUS!"

Eh ... well, anyway ...

Good pick on Rush. I've been a huge fan for a long time. I recently scored the 2008 "Snakes & Arrows Live" concert video on Blu-ray and it's one of the disks I use to show off my system. Man, even as they get older and older, they can still outplay a lot of young bands that are coming up now ... like they've tapped into some rock n' roll fountain of youth.

Fuckers!

Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #18
Alan

Quote:
Sorry, I barely noticed you did respond.
But you see, with what you just said, you're contradicting yourself:

You're saying that even if Rush is Randian, we don't have to read into what they were trying to say if we don't want to.
But at the same time you say that that's one of the lessons Rush teaches us, i.e. " some of Rush's music explains that, that's one of the things that I love most about them"

You can't have both opinions at once. And honestly, you have to admit the latter makes more sense. It's impossible to divorce the art from the artist. There's a reason they came up with their work and a message they want to convey with that. However, that's just something I hate; you're obviously not influenced by Ayn Rand just because Rush glorifies it.

On the other hand, check it out, see why I had to make a preface? I tell SoD this wasn't about him and yet he calls me a douche.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #19
cultistofvertigo

heheh... you said "Randian."
cultistofvertigo is offline   Reply With Quote