Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:04 AM   #1
shattered_likeness

Salutations to all

Being a person capable of not only reading, but following directions sometimes as well, I figured that I would copy and paste the questions from the sticky to serve as the basics.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Ok, I am the first to admit that I am a slight "nerd" by some people's definition. I But this is a fact that I am ok with.

Hobbies: reading, creating anything with any program i find, creating new supplements and playing Dungeons & Dragons, most all video game RPG's (role-playing games), Magic: The Gathering, and fine foods.

Job: Assistant manager for an independantly owned Pizza Inn.

2. Where are you from?
Originally, I'm from from North Carolina. In fact, still live here. Not that I mind, I love the mountains.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Robert Heinlein. Although any of you who make take the time to read this may (read: probably will) correct my thinking, but he is the only author that I have found that consistantly produced worth-while reading. For me, it's not so much about the author, as how well any given book I pick up is written and holds my attention.
Now, if this had been a question of "What is your favorite literary genre", well; Sci-fi, the "classics", and the occasional sprinkling in the maccabre.

4. What are your favorite films?
A Clockwork Orange, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Y Tu Mama Tambien, History Of The World: Part 1, A Time To Kill, Pay It Forward, E.T., and many others.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I know that it isn't considered "goth" of me to say this, but "All my Life" by KC & Jojo. It seems to say what I feel for her, and it is kindof "our song". But, really anything she wants to hear is perfectly fine by me. I am a hopeless romantic to the core.

6. At your funeral?
Anything lively and upbeat. I don't see why that death should be considered to be a depressing occasion. I like the irish idea of things: say some nice words, and drink and be merry. I want people to celebrate when I die, not because I've been evil to people, or they are happy to see me go, but because I'd reather see my loved are happy, than depressed.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
First off, I'd like to say, check out what Empty_Purple_Stars has posted from blood-dance.net. Then check out the section entitled "All goths are fixated on death". As you can read stated there, not all of us are fixated on death. Personally, I prefer to worry with that when the time comes. I will say that I hope I go peacefully.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Don't like the whole casket idea. I'd rather recieve a viking "burial", i.e. burning raft put out to sea. The whole grave thing just gives lends to the idea that I would like to be fertilize flowers placed above me, and that loved would visit depressed.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
My only pair of Tripps pants from Hot Topic, that, were of such poor quality, that I modified them into something not altogether different, but my own. A white (almost cream-colored with age) tux shirt dating from somewhere around the 1890's, paired with a long, black tux jacket (again slightly modified) lined with a deep shade of crimson (the lining was the mod here to preserve the integrity of the piece). Well, at least for "outings". Normally, I wear whatever is comfortable.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
The thrill of discovering something new. I still enjoy finding out new things, but there was more of a sense of exhilaration as a child, than there is now.

11. What's your favorite band?
I have been a die-hard fan of The Cruxshadows ever since hearing "Deception".

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
My "formal" education never made it past High School. But, as an "internet junkie", I continue my education most every day by researching any subject that takes my fancy. I like my free approach to education better than the structured environment of a class room, and message boards tend to be a great place to share my findings and test their validity.

13. Why did you join?
The chance of meeting like-minded individuals, sharing my views, and generally to learn.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male

Any further questions about me, my opinions or beliefs can be asked freely, I have nothing to hide and love to chat.
shattered_likeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:01 AM   #2
Wise Child

Welcome, shattered_likeness. We also love to chat - I think you'll fit in like a glove here. Welcome!

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:11 AM   #3
succubus,queenofvampires

Hey.You seem interesting. And don't worry about the being a "nerd"; I, myself, am kind of geeky.Welcome to Gnet.

By the way, how old are you?

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:18 AM   #4
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus,queenofvampires

By the way, how old are you?
" Additional Information
Birthday:
January 9, 1982 "

I've found that in your profile, so that makes you 24.

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:39 AM   #5
Nocturne

RPGs are cool - and don't worry, you sound too intelligent to be confused with the 'nerds'. Dungeons & Dragons is okay - being me, I loved the Ravenloft setting although the guys in our group said it was 'too depressing'. Wimps
These days, I prefer more flexible systems like Shadowrun. And I like 'Vampire' for the setting - what kind of supplements do you create? Are they for D&D?
Nocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:25 AM   #6
Queenofdarkness57

I'm a nerd, but my mommy says I'm cool!
Welcome, I liked your intro.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #7
shattered_likeness

Currently I am creating a D&D system based on Final Fantasy Tactics, one on FF7, and rewriting the PC Handbook for my Horror Campaign.
Any thoughts on a materia system?
shattered_likeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
An Eccentric Cellist

Cool! I have a very small comprehension of what you just typed but what I know makes it sound cool.
You might like electrical engineering but it involves a lot of math...
Anyway I like you, stick around.

Guten Tag Shattered!
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote