Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #26
Xombie

Honeythorn, shut it. I'd kill to have curves like yours.

Eating a banana will prevent restless leg syndrome that night. A banana a day keeps the RLS away!
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #27
honeythorn

No. They aren't curves they're massive rolls of fat. I'm 6 1/2 stone heavier than I should be for my height.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #28
ThreeEyesOni

Shut up and be cute, the both of you. :P

Studies show that 9 out of 10 doctors agree; girls argueing over how unattractive they are is a potential sign of recent brain trauma.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:55 AM   #29
emeraldlonewoulf

honeythorn, I have a figure very similar to yours. yes, I could stand to lose a few pounds, that being said, we DO have curves that some women would KILL for. Dear, you have an hourglass figure. GO with it! Yes, this means that womens clothes aren't cut right 90% of the time, because they are cut for the 90% of the populace that has nuthin' on top, nuthin' on bottom, and nuthin' upstairs! (no offense to those who fit the stereotype) Neither of us fit into that category.

You are beautiful! yes, you have curves! maybe at some point you would prefer them more defined, but for heaven's sake recognize the beauty you have! You've gorgeous eyes, knockout style, and an hourglass figure! Don't discount the obvious advantages you have!

So, stand up straight, walk with confidence, flaunt those curves just a little bit, and I think you will be amazed at the response a body like yours will get.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #30
AngelikDemonik

The benefits of vaccines, IN GENERAL, greatly outweight the risks of not getting vaccinated. They do contain some pretty scary stuff, though.

I don't really agree with the flu vaccine. Or people taking antibiotics for the flu. It's a virus, so it's really not "alive". The antibiotics won't do much for you.

I'm bored and a nerd about this stuff, so I'll tell you a few things about injections.

Most vaccines are given via intramuscular injection. It's given at a 90 degree angel, usually with a 1 1/2 inch needle. The person administering the injection must aspirate before injecting you, to make sure s/he is not in a blood vessel.

Subcutaneous injections are given into fat tissue, at a 45 degree angel. The needle is shorter than an IM injection, but it depends on the amount of fat a person has. Insulin is injected via this route.

Intradermal injections are given at a 10-15 degree angel, right underneath the skin. I HATE giving these. You should be able to see the needle underneath the skin, and a "wheal" (a little bubble) should form under the skin, signifying that the injection was given correctly and not into Subq tissue. Allergy injections and TB testing is done through this route.

Intravenous (IV) is the fastest working way to administer a medication/fluids, as it is going directly into a blood vessel. I absolutely hate starting IVs. I learned that it is not a needles that stays in the vein during IV therapy, but rather a catheter (a small tube).

I didn't know this until somewhat recently either, but the reason you see doctors/nurses flick a syringe with medication, is to get rid of air bubbles. They are painful to the patient. They can also kill you. You won't die from a few air bubbles in an injection, but if you're ever hooked up to an IV, and about 30ccs (mLs) of air is given to you (hopefully you'll have someone starting an IV that isn't brain-dead), you're pretty much dead.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #31
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf
I think you will be amazed at the response a body like yours will get.

The only positive response I get is from people online who have never met me in person. I can tell you in all honesty that in real life, I get nothing but negative for it. Invariably from men . I don't want to flaunt them. I hate the way they look ( for the record I do actually like my eyes ) . Which is why I joined a slimming class and go swimming.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #32
Stormtrooper of Death

Honeythorn, you are very beautiful, and you always look very good!

On the topic of food stuffs, I cut out about 95% of the fatty shit I used to eat, don't drink much soda anymore and work out, so I've now lost 85 pounds to date!! I went from a size 40 waist to a 36, 200 pounds now. I still feel like I still look like shit though
Old 04-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #33
Catch

One tip is eating a half cup of Jello everyday. It helps strengthen finger nails and it is easier to chew than gummy bears.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #34
honeythorn

I used to go to school with a girl who did that. Her nails were ridiculously long ( but horrid and yellow because she practically chain smoked, and didn't hide them with nail polish ) . I've been tempted to try it, but I don't like eating raw uncooked jelly cubes >.<
Old 04-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #35
LaBelleDameSansMerci

http://dopamine.chem.umn.edu/chempedia/index.php/Jello
It must be collagen that does it. That's pretty cool. I wish I knew that in grade 7 as a counter to all the smug co-7-year-olds who tried to turn me off my jello by telling me that jello was made with ground-up horse bones. >.< Oh well. Something to tell my kids if I ever have any...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:59 AM   #36
Pineapple_Juice

I'm vegan and I can't eat jello due to animal bones/bone char being in the mix there somewhere. Which sucks SO bad because jello is my all-time favorite besides Otter Pops and Big Sticks.
Pineapple_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:58 AM   #37
ThreeEyesOni

Modern jello hasn't involved animal by-products for a good long while now. Most of it, that is; if you look hard you can find places that stock the older kind.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:25 PM   #38
Pineapple_Juice

I heard the Kool-aid brand makes a jello that's free of the stuff, but gelatin itself is what's got the nastiness in it. I don't get how you can tell which jello has it and which doesn't, since they all contain gelatin.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #39
Catch

It's the gelatin that helps the nails grow. So really, even if you got the kind that uses corn syrup instead, not the same.

There are other things that help nails grow though. Milk and Milk thistle help out too. Some kind of connection between the liver and nail growth.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:09 AM   #40
Pineapple_Juice

Considering I don't drink milk either, that could be a problem.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:09 AM   #41
disorder

Supposedly, having two spoonful of honey before bed will help burn off fat while you sleep.

I don't know how legit that is though.
disorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #42
Pineapple_Juice

....I don't eat honey. I'm missing out on all of these helpful health tricks...
Old 05-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #43
Kristin

Quote:
I absolutely hate starting IVs.
I absolutely hate receiving IVs!
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #44
Catch

If you want some healthy recipes, I just put up a website with some of my recipes on it. It is called "Naomie's Home Recipes."

http://naomieshomerecipes.webs.com/index.htm
Old 05-14-2008, 07:48 PM   #45
ZombieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeEyesOni
Apple = Sugars & Carbs = Energy
There's an important distinction that needs to be made, though. Apples as well as other fruits contain fructose, a certain type of sugar that your body breaks down. Just as a general rule of thumb, any sort of synthesized food is not preferable in context to it's natural counterpart. So, the glucose you receive from things like Jell-O and Jolly Ranchers is much, much more detrimental than the same amount of fructose you'd get from eating delicious green apples.

As far as cooking goes, always try to cook with grain over wheat, and stay away from starchy substances like potatoes and corn. If you're going to eat rice, try to make it brown. All of these things have a higher glycemic index that impacts your metabolism over an extended period of time, which both controls your hunger, steadies your metabolism, and gives you the energy you'd get otherwise.

Also, the whole eating meat issue, it's perfectly healthy. Carloric content isn't really the paramount issue you should be concerned about when it comes to consuming meat, considering the protein if utilized during strenuous activity will immediately go towards building muscle. You don't burn them as much as you do integrate them into your body. That, and you do have canine teeth for a reason. So basically, if it's high in protein and the calories seem a bit high, you should be safe. High calories and high carbohydrates is an absolute killer.

Lastly, if you want to jump-start your metabolism to help you burn fat quicker, eat a few small things during the day. Something 15-25 g of carbs is perfectly acceptable. I'll normally have eggs or high grain cereal/bars for breakfast, and maybe a pack of crackers or some carrots in between lunch. So far, it's worked wonders for getting my lazy ass to drop a few pounds.

That's all I have to add. Yay gymfags.
ZombieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #46
Wednesday Friday Addams

Just inject ATP
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:32 PM   #47
Solumina

Oh and since Zombie mentioned eggs I would like to say that free-range eggs are way better for you than eggs from chickens who are kept in cages or cramped coups. They have 1/3 less cholesterol and something like 25% more omega threes as well as some other benefits that I can't remember at the moment but if anyone wants I will go look them up
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:49 AM   #48
korinna5555

Jell-o brand jello is made from fish skin

Flax seed oil is nyommy in oatmeal.
Oatmeal + rice milk + flax seed oil + cranberries = delicious! and very good for you.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #49
Duane

Doing 45 minutes of cardiovascular a day brings your heart rate up a good bit, enough to where you can really start burning fat.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #50
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Oh and since Zombie mentioned eggs I would like to say that free-range eggs are way better for you than eggs from chickens who are kept in cages or cramped coups. They have 1/3 less cholesterol and something like 25% more omega threes as well as some other benefits that I can't remember at the moment but if anyone wants I will go look them up
Once, we had a nearly empty thing of normal eggs and some free range, and we cracked open the last regular and started cracking open the free range, and, ew. The yolk in the regular egg was tiny and pale yellow but the yolk in the free range was big and deep orange.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote